[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2017 Dodge Challenger GT AWD!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 14

It's here!

After months of numerous spy shots and speculations, Dodge has released the official press pictures and the specs of the Challenger GT AWD.

Specs in the next post.

>I'm posting all the pics that has landed on the web here.
>>
>Engine:

►3.6L Pentastar V6
►305 horsepower at 6,350 rpm
►268 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,800 rpm.

►TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission

►EPA-estimated 18 city/27 highway miles per gallon (mpg)
>>
File: 111.jpg (83KB, 609x683px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
83KB, 609x683px
>>16281832
>v6
>auto
>>
How much heavier is it?
>>
>>16281825
>>16281832
sounds like a Jeep wrangler to me
>>
Shortened points from the billion worded press info.

>It features the same AWD system featured in the Charger AWD.

>It features an active transfer case and front axle-disconnect feature.
Meaning under normal driving the car the engine sends all the torque to the rear wheels.
Then when the system detects the need for additional traction, the system switches to AWD.

>New addition of the VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control)
It's a thing that gives additional traction to get the Challenger controlled in your hands when you are in snow or ice.

>New feature of ESC 'Full-Off-Mode'.
"a fun feature for drifting through snowy scenes."

>19-inch aluminum wheels with Hyper Black finish and P235/55R19 BSW all-season performance tires
>>
>>16281841
Sounds like Doge's version of G25x/G37x with 2 doors less
>>16281832
>18 city/27 highway
That's a bit more worse than the AWD G-series
>>
>>16281845
Actually that's the first thing I searched for but I can't find any info on that. :(
Maybe some other anon will come up with the info. :)
>>
hook it up with a 7L v8 hemi and a 4 speed Jericho40 and then we are in business Chrysler, but until then im not buying it
>>
>>16281861
dont know why i said 40 lol
>>
>>16281860
The official info had no 0-60 times written on it.
It'll be reported later.

Also there are no news on a V8 AWD either.

Other features :
>The all-new GT Interior package, which is unique to this Challenger AWD model, includes performance Nappa leather and Alcantara suede seats - available on a V-6 for the first time - nine Alpine speakers, including a subwoofer and a 506-watt amplifier, and the Dodge performance steering wheel. U.S MSRP for the GT Interior package is $995.
>>
>>16281861
Hell yes, I'd really love to see a V8 in it.

>Pricing Details
►Production beginning in January 2017
►Arrives in all the US Dodge dealerships by the first quarter of 2017.

►U.S Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $33,395 (excluding $1,095 destination charge).
>>
>>16281877
putting a v8 in might be possible with aftermarket
depends on how much space the front and centre diff take up
>>
>The Badge

So what do you all think?

If you want to read the full article, here's the link to it.

>https://www.netcarshow.com/dodge/2017-challenger_gt_awd/

:D
>>
>>16281848
>Pentastar
You mean my Grand Caravan?

They also weigh about the same.
>>
my question is where are all the hot rodders and gear heads that would be buying these and doing crazy engine and tranny swaps? i remember being told about all the crazy shit the old school mechanics would do back in the day with new cars and how they would rod them out.
>>
>>16281879
Exactly.

>>16281825 (OP)
Here's a short video on it.
>no sound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py8oyi4eABg
>>
like is gear head culture dying? i want my american car culture. it kept kids busy by keeping them in the garage and all the cool shit that came with it
>>
>>16281892
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_Grand_Cherokee#Fourth_generation_.28WK2.3B_2011.E2.80.93present.29
my mistake
I make the assumption that this car and the Jeep share the same 4wd system
it would be the cheep way of doing things
hence>>16281879
>>
>>16281825
When is Ford coming out with it's AWD Mustang??? I need a 5.0 with an AWD.

I don't want an unreliable POS like this challenegr from FCA.
>>
Looks just as moronic as expected.
>>
>>16281877

>as expensive as a base model Mustang GT

But why.
>>
>>16281915
because AWD, now STFU
>>
Wow, this thing was already pigfat af. Now with awd and an auto powered by a v6, it's probably going to suck.
>>
>>16281906
Well, bro there is no news on it yet. But chances are Ford and Chevy may or may not come up with their own AWD muscle cars eventually in order to compete with this Challenger GT.
>>
>>16281905
yeah, definitely closer. the van is a transverse engine which would be retarded in a muscle car.

For some reason the jeep and van fit the same rims though.
>>
FINALLY! Us Northerners can hoon in the winter instead of tucking our fun cars away in a garage the entire season. I know people with the V6 AWD Charger's so I'm expecting similar fun.
>>
>>16281832
>AWD
>6 cylinder
>automatic
just get a fucking jeep wtf I hate dodge now
>>
>>16281825
>v6
>autotragic
>additional weight of the awd system
>total weight is a little under a cruise ship

jesus christ, it's like they wanted this car to fail.

i don't mind the automatic or the weight of the awd system, but for the love of fuck, P L E A S E put a v8 in that sucker so it can redeem the rest of the shitty car

put the hellcat's 707hp v8 in this thing & you will essentially have a godmachine

the tragic v6 is the only thing holding it back
>>
V6 AWD Charger has been a thing forever, now it's just on the Challenger body. Literally nothing. V8 used to be available in AWD with the 5 speed auto. But moving to the 8 speed that has been dropped. Police still use the 5 speed so V8 AWD is still available.
>>
>>16282055
>auto
>tucking away your fun car
>implying you hoon
>beaters can't be fun
>needing awd to hoon

I'm still doing skids in an E30, a beater is a beater but that just seems like the car suitable for fuckwits that can't drive with 1 inch of snow and want an a to b car. I've DD'd a G25x last winter but it doesn't slide as well as an E30.
>>
>>16281825
Because the Challenger definitely needed to be MORE pigfat than it already was. Fucking chrysler
>>
>>16281832
>v6

where did I put my noose last
>>
>>16281832
>valve 6
Wew
>>
>>16282240
>6 valves

Sounds like a single cam 2/3 cylinder
>>
>>16282075
That sounds like a dream man, one I really want to come true
>>
>>16281825
>v6
>automatic
>AWD
Will the challenger become America's GT-R?
>>
>>16282452
Only with twin turdbos
>>
>>16282477
This is dodge, they're going to have twin superchargers
>>
>v6 autotragic only
YOU HAD ONE JOB
>>
File: race_mode.gif (2MB, 740x456px) Image search: [Google]
race_mode.gif
2MB, 740x456px
>>16281825
>no ecoboost
dead on arrival
>>
>>16282240
What did he mean by this
>>
>pigfat V6 auto

Sad!
>>
>>16281850
>ESC full off mode
It took them that long to come up with completely turning off electronannies? And they're listing it as a feature? How sad.
>>
>big fat V6 auto awd
been done
>>
>>16281832
>no V8 option
>no manual transmission option
>>
..... well, at least the pictures are nice.

I want to like this, but I just can't. The AWD will help with getting power to the ground, but it still weighs as much as the moon, so you're fucked on braking an handling anyway, and it's doesn't make a nice sound or go particularly fast in a straight line anyway. So now you're left with something that is neither a very good winter car nor a very good Challenger.
>>
>>16282483
>Small supercharger feeding a big supercharger feeding the intake
Now that I would want to see
>>
Is there no such thing as a manual charger sedan?
>>
>>16283028
sadly no.
>>
>>16281825
>FCA "reliability"
>throwing AWD into the mix
top kek
>>
>>16281850
>>It features an active transfer case and front axle-disconnect feature.
>Meaning under normal driving the car the engine sends all the torque to the rear wheels.
>Then when the system detects the need for additional traction, the system switches to AWD.
I wish they featured the drift mode like in Ford Focus and E63 AMG where you can opt for RWD only even when on snow and you don't want the AWD.
>>
>>16281832
>V6
>8 spd auto
>>
>>16281915
>buying a mustang
>ever
>>
>v6 challenger
>>
>>16286259
That'll make it feel faster than it is.
>>
This same body style has been around since 2008. When update?
>>
>>16284810

Jesus the thought of this.
>>
Congratulations, Dogde. You've invented the Legacy 3.6R without the reliability but with hundreds of pounds extra weight.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1471566307676.jpg (23KB, 622x494px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1471566307676.jpg
23KB, 622x494px
>>16287289
This platform has been around since 1996. Time to upgrade the whole thing.
>>
File: Lel.jpg (25KB, 292x245px) Image search: [Google]
Lel.jpg
25KB, 292x245px
>>16282517
>What did he mean by this
What did you mean by this?
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.