[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Manual Transmission Guide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: manny.jpg (141KB, 950x634px) Image search: [Google]
manny.jpg
141KB, 950x634px
Alright Br/o/s, I've come to you for help. I know a lot about cars, and I spend countless hours watching videos about engines, reviews, and different brands, all in attempt to increase my general knowledge of brands, builds, etc. But I'm still missing something.

I don't know how to drive a manual transmission.

I'm a poor college student who still drives a 2006 Impala that I bought from my dad when I moved out. I don't need a new car, but I want a new one. I really want the 2007 CTS-V for the 6L LS2, but I don't know how to drive it because it's stick.

So. What do you think is the best source to learn how to drive stick, short of actually doing it? I want to have a pretty good idea of what to expect when I ask to learn with my uncle's BMW. (Read: I don't want to look like a fag and stall his 50,000$ car)

Do text guides do any justice? Are videos better so the engine noises are comparable to the actions?

Dump your best tutorials and guides, please.
>>
You seriously don't have a friend you can ask to teach you?
>>
>>16280566
Watch manual car videos. Watch how the gears work. Then watch actual instruction videos and larp with your feet under your desk or table or beanbag chair.

Then when you first get into a manual car, don't touch the gas and try to feel the biting point without use of the gas pedal.

Move to Yuropoorland.
>>
File: 1472762526046.jpg (466KB, 1200x1179px) Image search: [Google]
1472762526046.jpg
466KB, 1200x1179px
>>16280566
The only best source for learning to drive stick is to go just try and drive one. watch some videos if you have no one who can teach you, so you learn the basics of how it works. You have to get in one and drive it. that is the only way to learn.

why is there not GIT GUD AT MANUEL sticky?
>>
>>16280575
If I had friends I wouldn't resort to posting on an imageboard based in a country I don't live in, yeah? Unironically all of my college friends, even my roommate drive automatics or DC's/
>>16280580
I've heard that half the battle is starting and getting going, where 2-6 are easy shifts.
>>
Honestly manual transmission is a meme at this point. Modern autos get better MPG'S and I'm not even factoring cvt's. This being said. DEFINITLY learn how to drive a manual.
>>
>>16280566
It's not hard OP, and LS engines are probably the easiest, most forgiving engines to learn manual, just tell the owner you don't know how to drive stick and drive it home if you buy it.
>>
>>16280593
I'd just ask to use the CTS from the guy I want to buy from, but who knows what he'd do to the price if I stalled more than once or made things seem sketch.
>>16280597
Yeah, but not only is the car not really 'modern' per se, but in general learning to drive Manual is a good skill practical skill to have, similar to telling direction or time without technology.
>>16280600
Glad to have your support on the LS2. Good to know it won't hate me from the get go. My friends all say that it's outdated and I should get something newer, but I really like the CTS and I've heard the engine is bulletproof.
>>
>>16280610
If you want it, and the car has no problems, get it. Sure, you mayclook like a bit of an ass when you stall at a light for the first time, but that should not stop you from buying it. The CTS-V is pretty bulletproof and should be more than enough car for you.
>>
>>16280566
>I know alot about cars by watching videos
No you don't know shit until you have picked up a wrench. Which you haven't .
>I don't know how to drive manual
>my friends have automatics just like me
Top fucking kek. I'd like to meet your crew with my crew
>literally ALL of my friends drive manual
>whole family drives manual even the females

Feels good to not be a cuck
>>
>>16280751
I think it's perfectly acceptable to claim that I know about cars without having rebuilt or fixed one myself. I didn't say I know how to take it apart down to the bolts and rebuild it, just a general statement.
>>
>>16280751
at least he's trying to change, no need to be a chad about it. I bet you drive a mazda3 with all your little faggy impreza high school fuckers
>>
OP here, shoutout to everyone who hasn't posted any guides yet. An even bigger shoutout to >>16280751 for making it a competition somehow. I'm just a college beta trying to learn to drive cars the fun way.
>>
File: CantDriveStick.png (208KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CantDriveStick.png
208KB, 600x600px
>>16280566
>I don't know how to drive a manual transmission.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.