[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/, redpill me on the Porsche 924

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: porsche-924-01-361cf67c.jpg (102KB, 1144x763px) Image search: [Google]
porsche-924-01-361cf67c.jpg
102KB, 1144x763px
Hey /o/, redpill me on the Porsche 924
>>
>>16280318

it sucks
>>
>>16280318
Its not a 944
>>
File: 1978 Porsche 924_brochure_09.jpg (434KB, 2806x992px) Image search: [Google]
1978 Porsche 924_brochure_09.jpg
434KB, 2806x992px
>>16280318
It's has a more reliable straight 4 sourced by Audi, because it came out a van.

Most natural aspirated models from the 70s only have two disc brakes.
The turbo model is one of the few trims that had brake discs all the way around.

Most of the interior parts are the same you'd find in a VW and Audi econbox

Van engine is slow but tunable to a degree.

That's all the info I have, I'd still want a 924 over a 944 cause muh narrow body. But I'd pay extra dosh for the turbo even tho it's a prehistoric turbo setup.
>>
>>16280318
as somoene who really REALLY wanted it until they started doing research,
They're neat cars but way too unreliable to be DD's. For the money you sink into the 924's to make them work you can get a 911
>>
Go for a 924 rather than a 924S as the engine is a damn sight easier and cheaper to work on - you can do a timing belt on a 924 in 30 minutes but the 924S will take you a day and it's an interference engine. The bodies tend not to rust because they were built by Audi and galvanised - I had a 1983 924 which had no rust at all, yet I need to replace the bottoms of the front wings on my 1990 944S2, and probably the sills too when I get in there.

The K-Jetronic fuel injection is dead reliable so long as the car is run regularly and you use good petrol. Electrically there's nothing to it but the fuse boxes can be a bit crappy due to poor connections onto the fuses. Also, the ventilation is a bit poor but it was pretty good for a car designed 40 years ago.

Just get one and try it. They're good fun to drive and cheap to run.

>For the money you sink into the 924's to make them work you can get a 911
What?
>>
>>16280326
>>16280325
This. Shit I have a 944 and even that kind of sucks. But it sucks in a way that I can like. The 924 just sucks

Also I don't dd the 944 which is probably why I can still like it, I'd probably fucking hate it if I actually dailyed it
>>
It really needs an LS as well as better suspension and brakes.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.