[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT! Old thread hit the limit. It can be found here: >>16251383

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 37

File: Shitmobile.jpg (48KB, 885x498px) Image search: [Google]
Shitmobile.jpg
48KB, 885x498px
QTDDTOT!

Old thread hit the limit. It can be found here: >>16251383

Post your questions and helpful anons will answer them!

Picture unrelated but a e s t h i c
>>
>>16278818
>>16278849
>>
>>16278851
Man I love Trailer Park Boys. I've never seen a picture that makes me laugh more happily, or cry more sadly than that.
>>
>>16278818
>>16278849

Probably cheap-ass muffler shop shit.
Or, maybe not since it's mig.
Cheap-ass white trash shit? Just do whatever you were gonna do and don't worry about it.
>>
>>16278873
They were probably just trying to seal it the easiest way possible once it was rusted. Personally there's no advantage to having 3 different exhaust diameters, I wouldn't over think it, especially since wherever the smallest diameter is, is the most restrictive anyway, so stepping it up larger afterwards is neither here nor there. Add to that the restriction in the muffler, and the catalytic converter, and there's definitely no reason for increasing diameters towards the exhaust exit. Summation: it was probably just a quick fix and the muffler+catalytic converter are probably so restrictive anyway it will make little to no difference either way. (I watched a program where they varied exhaust pipes, and it didn't make the performance difference you'd expect [even when they pinched them pretty severely], and that was on a high performance V8)
>>
Went to look at a BMW today and they had a 2016 GT-R with less than 9k miles on the lot. Guessing someone bought it and didn't like it and traded it in for an M.
They wanted $75k for it. It makes me think something is wrong with it because the next closest comparable GT-R I've seen online is $84k.
I drove it and the only thing that I noticed was that the gear changes seemed sticky in the low gears (through 4th) in the automatic mode. Gear switches where fine using paddles.
I should have fucking taken a pic of the VIN to run it, but I assumed I'd be able to find it on their website, however the car isn't listed as part of their inventory.
>>
How long should I wait after driving my car to open the radiator cap? Should it be cool to the touch or is slightly warm okay?
>>
>>16279503
Dead cold. Slightly warm might still have pressure in it. It won't burn you but it'll dump a bunch of coolant out.
>>
File: der jon.png (433KB, 550x528px) Image search: [Google]
der jon.png
433KB, 550x528px
My gf is probably getting ripped off by a mom n pop repair place. Yes I know I'm a chump for not being able to fix it myself. I'm a car retard but know slightly more than her.

So they changed the fuel filter in her car and now there's a high whining sound when the car is running. Found out that's usually an indicator that the fuel *pump* is messed up. Of course this place wants like $700 to change the pump that they literally just worked on. This is the third time we've gotten her car back from that place and found a new problem. She doesn't want to believe me but it doesn't seem like a coincidence to me. That's not my main concern though.

We have to drive 3 and half hours on Thursday and she's all freaking out saying that her car could break down because of the fuel filter/pump problem. I'm telling her it'll be fine but the thought of being stranded somewhere on a Texas highway with my panicking gf is a little worrying.

Wat do?
>>
>QTDDTOT!
I was scrolling front page wondering what to do then I see OPs pic and think I'll watch trailer park boys.

QTTDTOT thread finally helps me
>>
File: IMG_2986.jpg (646KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2986.jpg
646KB, 1200x1600px
Hello /o/,

Today while parking I accidentally scraped someone's car. They were inside the parked car. I offered to pay in cash, but I'm wondering if it would be wiser to let the insurance cover it? I also got into an at-fault collision accident a week ago, so my insurance rates already went up a bit.

Thanks.
>>
>>16280694
Realize the fuel filter and fuel pump are as different as your gfs hand and her asshole. Guess which is a lot harder to get in to?

That said, you don't like the shop, take it fucking somewhere else. Explain what happened, don't just say fix the fuel pump, say they fixed this and now it whines, we're going in a long trip etc. Don't say anything about what the other shop quoted or what they said was wrong, just what they did and what happened. And see what they say.

There are shops/mechanics that aren't trying to rip you off, but instead of diagnosing a problem will just guess and throw part after part at it until it stops. That's probably what you got into and welp fuel pump is just the next thing to randomly swap.
>>
>>16280855
Also, pic is the scrape. It is just the big scrape down there, not the little thing right above the wheel.
>>
>>16280855
Offer cash, find out what they want. If they want 1000 burgers tell them to fuck off and let THEM go after your insurance. Your only reason to be proactive is to keep it off your insurance, if they don't bite for a reasonable amount just kick back and wait for the letter.
>>
>>16280872
Thanks. What would be a reasonable amount? It looks like the only damage is in one area, so it's not like they'd have to replace multiple parts (correct me if I'm wrong), and the car was a KIA, don't remember the model or what it looked like really (I think it was a minivan), but judging by the tires you can tell that it wasn't new or anything.
>>
File: 1463748772982.jpg (59KB, 530x444px) Image search: [Google]
1463748772982.jpg
59KB, 530x444px
How do I understand how engines work, and ultimately work on my own car?

I drive my own car for a delivery service (pay is okay), but I don't know how to wrench my Accord 97 given there's a problem.
>>
>>16280916
Don't be afraid to start and just do it. Get it diagnosed and then use YouTube to your own advantage.

Its also nice to have a second car for when you're working on one, so you never do a rushed job.

And preventative maintenance is a lot better than after the fact. Start with simple projects like an accessory belt, oil change or antifreeze change, or alternator, or disc brakes.

The tools are the highest barrier to entry, about $100 for a breaker bar, complete enough socket set, and a jack with jack stands from harbor freight, but there will always be minor shit to get in the way to complicate your project.
>>
File: 1456795914347.png (65KB, 297x308px) Image search: [Google]
1456795914347.png
65KB, 297x308px
My dad broke his Focus again for the billionth time, and I'm on car-buying duty.

Problem is, he's the type of driver that completely beats on a car until it stops moving and has no concept of preventative maintenance no matter how many time it's drilled in.

What vehicle with 4 seats can handle a metric fuckton of on and medium off-road use and survive with only minimal preventative maintenance? Preferably smaller, ~$10k USD and 2005 and newer.
>>
File: 1409880680753.jpg (14KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1409880680753.jpg
14KB, 500x281px
>>16281854
get him a 90's Taurus
>mfw unkillable vulcan

or a rav4 or something like that
>>
File: rav4july.jpg (69KB, 600x432px) Image search: [Google]
rav4july.jpg
69KB, 600x432px
>>16281872

I was considering RAV4s, but pretty much every 10000 post autist on the RAV4 forums seems to recommend against offroading the newer (2000+) ones because they're just dressed up Corollas.

Is that a concern for light off-roading (he takes his car to many remote national / state parks not true off-road trails)? I never see those breaking in Rallycross, but my stock Fit hasn't either.
>>
File: knobs.jpg (424KB, 1500x1376px) Image search: [Google]
knobs.jpg
424KB, 1500x1376px
I honestly cant decide which of these knobs i want.
I feel like the polished one will get scratched but it looks a lot simpler/cleaner than the one with carbon accents.
>>
The coolant temp gauge on my GF's 06 Torrent fluctuates from 1/4 to 1/2 in under 10 seconds. Sometimes at idle the heat blows cold air. Yesterday it blew cold air for a bit then it stayed hot. Could there be a coolant leak somewhere or does she need a coolant flush?
>>
>>16282166
I know sandpaper gloves are comfy, but don't wear them and it won't get scratched
>>
>>16282166
the right shift knob feels very plasticky. Also what car is it going onto? If its a G/Z platform car with those huge shift boots and you need an adapter, the supplied (rubber) adapter will literally melt in the summer.

Not to sound like a shill, but I use one of the Z1 motorsports aluminum shift knob finisher doohickeys.
>>
>>16282293
Its going into a 96 maxima.
Im keeping exterior mods light and just focusing on things that make the driving experience more pleasant. first step is to replace the 20 year old knob and boot, so im looking at nismos
>>
>>16282335
the top corners of the CF nismo one I have are worn, but I got it second hand. It'll get warm/cold depending on the climate but not as bad as metal shift knobs.

I like polymer shift knobs (I've got 6 or so total) in the winter and summer. I'd recommend the PW:JDM acetyl copolymer shift knobs if you're roughly after the nismo shape.

pic is the 370z ones with the boot transition flare. you can get them without.
>>
What is camry
>>
File: s-l225.jpg (8KB, 201x225px) Image search: [Google]
s-l225.jpg
8KB, 201x225px
>>16282357
Interesting.
I think ill pick up the polished nismo, and if i feel like the weather is really fucking with me bad enough ill pick one of those up.
pic related (+20 years of use/sun bleach) is what i currently have on the car
>>
>>16280904
bodywork rates vary widely, call a few places
>just some scratches, should be less than $250

>>16282275
replace the thermostat, coolant flush while you're doing it

>>16282362
camry is car
>>
What car is this?
>>
>>16282275
Low on coolant
>>
>>16282362
Camry is love Camry is life
>>
>>16283518

MV1 they're usually wheel chair vans or taxis.
>>
So with a turbo I can have tuning presets to lets say 0%, 25%, and 50% hp over stock.
I'm guessing there's no way to do similar with a supercharger because there's no way to vent away all the extra air.
Is this correct?

If it matters, what I'm thinking is the ability to have a way to set a "performance" mode with all the extra power and a "stock" mode for driving in traffic and not wasting a shitload of fual.
>>
>>16283518
The MV-1 was a purpose-built taxicab designed by Vehicle Production Group and built in Mishawaka, Indiana at an AM General plant The name is an acronym for "Mobility Vehicle 1". It was intended to replace the planned Standard Taxi, and like that car it was developed in collaboration with AM General.
It's got alot of parts from the ford panther platform
>>
>>16283556
You change pulley sizes to alter the boost level
>>
>>16283575
but that's a mechanical solution, not something you can have preset in the car and change from inside with the push of a button.
>>
Say I get a new car, I'll use a mustang GT as an example. To get the wheels I like I have to select the California Special package, but I don't want the package.
So I get the car with same size wheels, buy the CS wheels separately and swap them out.

How much could I realistically sell the stock wheels I don't want for? (as in how far off from full price)
Is there a way to sell them back to Ford or a dealership, or am I stuck selling them to a 3rd party?

Similar question: same scenario but instead of wheels, it's another component like coilovers or a differential
>>
So I drive a 2005 Honda Civic SE (Canadian model, it's basically a DX model), and this morning after cleaning the snow off my car and going to store it in the condo garage I decided to Hoon in a nearby parking lot. While I was fucking around I ended up doing a drift that turned me 180 and basically put me to a stop. While I was turning I was feathering the throttle trying to control my hektik skkkid and I ended up stalling before coming to a stop somehow. I turned my car back on and I saw my check engine light was on, the car drove normally and didn't seem like it had anything wrong with it, although there was a burning smell after I got out of the car, almost like oil or something rubber possibly was burning.

I'm going to bring it to my mechanic sometime in the next few days. What do you think could be the problem or cause of the check engine light?
>>
>>16280916
I'm still pretty car retarded but the internet taught me pretty much everything I know. At first changing my oil or fixing my power window I would watch a YouTube video, later I was able to do it myself even when I got a different car. Obviously wrenching is the best way to learn to wrench. I know you probably could only afford to have one car, but if you had a second car it's easier because you won't be afraid to fuck up your only means of transportation.
>>
Would it be OK if I only put snow tires on the drive wheels of a 2WD car?
>>
>>16283728
I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure its fine if you do front wheels of a FWD car, but I wouldn't do it with a RWD car especially since you need traction for both steering so you don't understeer and you need traction for your drive wheels so you can actually get moving.
>>
>>16283723
Order a obd scanner off Amazon it's like $15. Even if you do need to end up taking it to a mechanic at least you will have some idea of whats wrong so he doesn't fuck your supple asshole.
>>
>>16283788
Yeah the [spoiler]manual said if you wanted to know what's wrong with the car to check the codes and shit[/spoiler], didn't know they were that cheap. Thanks dude.
>>
>>16279503
If it's too hot to open with your hands, use your teeth.
>>
>>16280857
>Realize the fuel filter and fuel pump are as different as your gfs hand and her asshole. Guess which is a lot harder to get in to?
I like you.
>>
>>16280916
If you're one of them "reading" types, pick up the same book the mechanics have to study to get licensed.

Automotive Technology, A systems approach.

Luckily for you, you're not trying to get licensed, so you won't need the current edition. You should find older editions for dirt cheap out there.
>>
>>16281854
Toyota makes vehicles that can be abused like that and still work reasonably well.

Or, you could just leave him to his devices so he learns his fucking lesson.
>>
>>16283723
>almost like oil or something rubber possibly was burning.

Then there might be something like oil or something rubber was burning.

We're mechanics, not fucking psychics.
>>
>>16283728
Yeah, if you want to do some sick slides around corners.

Even better idea, go put some old baking pans under your rear tires and keep the handbrake on. That'll make it even more fun!
>>
>>16283581
Well then learn to go light on the throttle, or get a tunable ecu to have switch points that limit the throttle
>>
Why are hot tyres grippier than cold tyres?
Also, if a tyre gets too hot, does it start to lose grip?
>>
/o/ I've a 08' dodge avenger with old fucked up rims on it, I've discovered that one of the wheels has a fucked up lug-bolt

Would anyone be able to direct me somewhere that concisely explains how to replace a lug bolt, I know the bolts are like 4$ a piece.
>>
>>16278851
The service manual says my coolant requires a special tool and pressure to flush and change. Can I trust an independent shop to do it right or do I go to the dealer? I can't really fuck with it on my own right now.

Also the TSB for the coolant says it's designed for 7 years/105,000 miles, I've got a year and 150000 miles before I get there. Do I even need to change it if the car is driving fine and the coolant temps are well within spec?
>>
>>16284340
I'd wait until its recommended to change it, and or when you have time.

Why are you worried about your coolant, has it changed color?
>>
>>16284108
You don't have bolts you have studs.

Generally the process is remove wheel, pound out the stud, press in new stud, which may or may not require tools
>>
>>16284052
yes and somewhat yes, heat makes the tire softer which also means it shreds and wears more easily.
>>
Car audio fags:

Bought a car that already had a 4ch 1000W amp installed. I haven't pulled off the doorcards to check but at the amp it appears to be wired to the 4 door speakers, but the amp itself isn't actually connected to the head unit.

I want to put a 10" free air sub in the parcel shelf for at least some kind of low end.

So what should I do with my 4 channels? 2ch to the sub and 2 to the front speakers? Or do I run 2 to the amp and split the other 2 between all four speakers?
>>
Ok /o/ so engines lose power over time what can i do to regain the lost hp and make it run like the first day it got out of the factory or should i just go for a full engine rebuild?
>>
>>16284677
Well the car manual says change it at 90k, which I'm very close to and is a big maintenance milestone for the model. I'm trying to determine what I can handle, what I should have a garage do and what I can skip/delay.

And no color change, it's as blue as ever.
>>
Will a mk1b MR2 front lip fit on a mk2a? My front metal bit is rusted as and I'd rather have the plastic lip.
>>
>>16284784
Engine rebuild is about all you can do to make it run like new. Engines lose power because they become slightly less efficient as seals wear and tolerable gaps widen, for which there is no fix except in cleaning the block and replacing the worn parts.

Keep in mind that if you're asking this question an engine rebuild is probably beyond you, and that there's no such thing as a "cheap" rebuild even if you DIY.
>>
alright sooo two questions

>what does /o/ think about K&N?
just ordered an air filter by them online, and bought an oil filter earlier at the store. (they didn't have the right air filter for my car at the story, just fyi)

>engine light popped up
>firestone says i need a new catalytic converter
>what do?
i'm not going to pay $500 out the ass for something that might not need to be replaced, and i plan to take it to someone else to inspect before making a move
>>
Do ECUs work, and do they void warranty? Or more specifically, if something fucks up, would anyone ever know there was an ECU on previously if you take it off?
>>
>>16284955
Talk to a custom exhaust shop about replacing the cat. I have no doubt the part + labour will be cheaper than $500.
>>
I hooked a battery charger up to the wrong terminals like a retard. How fucked am I? The charger was set to 2A.
>>
Hey Canadians, what sites do you use to buy/sell your cars? I already checked Craigslist for my city (Vancouver), anything else?
>>
How does a automatic transmission behave when you spin out in a failed drifting attempt? Does the torque converter "clutch out" or do you have to put it in N really quick in order to avoid damage?
I drove manual all my life, my next car could have flappy paddles tho
>>
>>16285660
usedvancouver.com
kijiji.com
>>
>>16278851
Should I go with silver/chromed wheels on my red car or black/white (not both, either). Should I go glossy for B/W if so or matte?
>>
>>16285692
what the christ fuck are you even trying to ask here?
why would an automatic spinning out be a problem exactly?
>>
>>16285857
Because I assume it would damage the transmission if you do a 180 and "roll backwards" with the transmission trying to stay in gear.
>>
Where do y'all work on your car if you don't have your own garage? My friends don't own a garage either, as we all live in condos/apartments.
>>
File: 0c1C4J.jpg (370KB, 2560x1857px) Image search: [Google]
0c1C4J.jpg
370KB, 2560x1857px
Anyone here familiar with Chevy Silverados? I replaced the parking brake intermediate cable and now on my dash I have a flashing brake light. Does this sound like a parking brake pedal sensor being dead? I'll take it to autozone and have them pull the code, just curious if anyone has a general idea beforehand. Thanks
>>
>>16285910
it won't damage the trans. rolling backwards puts the same forces on it that accelerating forwards on it would.

the torque converter 'clutches' by using a fluidic coupling to transmit the energy. Go watch a youtube video or three on how torque converters work.
>>
>>16284686

I dunno why I refer to them as studs.

Either way, would you know of a guide online specifically for avengers?

Or is there another car wheel disassembly I could look at due to commonality?

I've got -some- tools but I'm unsure if I've got enough to get the job done.
>Changing wheel stud out in 30 degree weather.
>Fug.
>>
File: Crossplane_03.jpg (56KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
Crossplane_03.jpg
56KB, 750x563px
Question set 1:
Why don't we get crossplane i4 engines in cars? What are the pros and cons of a crossplane engine over flatplane one?
Question set 2:
Can I switch oil viscosity in my car from 5w40 to 5w30 (assuming it meets same manufacturer norms)? Car in question is e60 530d, 550 kkm, it was always on 5w40.
>>
i know ist quite noobish, but how di i check my oil?
like, at cold or hot engine? while running or turned off? should it sit some minutes after it turned off or something?

well by typing this in i remembered that i could read the car Manual.
anyhow, ist a 327 v8 from a 67 impala
>>
>>16285923
Check the cable where it meets the pedal, in my chev you have to "pull" the cable up so it meets the sensor(switch). Otherwise if you use the ebrake or touch the pedal the dash light stays on since the cable has come down and doesn't have the spring to push itself up to meet the switch.

Kinda hard to explain.
>>
>>16286370
>crossplane I4
balance and torque delivery would be fucky.

>oil viscosity
check your owner's manual. there should be recommendations in there. for a modern engine in winter 5w-30 is probably what you should be running but don't take my word for it.

>>16286389
doesn't make too much difference if it's hot or cold. engine should always be off. wait 10 minutes after shutting the engine off before checking.
>>
>>16286389
I would check it warmish, depending on temp.

I let it run up to temp then wait 10min or so.
>>
>>16286398
>>16286399
alright. thank you both senpaitachi
>>
File: 01111_ktRDCjL5DLp_600x450.jpg (33KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
01111_ktRDCjL5DLp_600x450.jpg
33KB, 600x450px
Is a 1989 5.0 Mustang LX too much for a relatively new driver? I've been driving for a bout a year now but the most powerful thing I've ever driven is my mom's V6 Toyota Avalon.

The only problem I have with it, I think a car with a 4.9L V8 and RWD is a recipe for disaster for a relatively inexperienced driver. Although I feel I have better judgement, and wont be trying to burnouts leaving crowded parking lots or crashing into crowds. I'm just looking for a fun daily driver that I can learn to wrench on when the time comes.

To be honest I'm much more interested in this 1990 Honda CRX also on Craigslist, but the seller told me he had someone coming to look at it on Tuesday and hasn't said a word since even though he said he would keep me in the loop
>>
>>16287659
Dude... it's a 1989 V8. Off the factory line it put our like 225hp. Unless the engine has been rebuilt recently, it's not even touching 200hp anymore.
Your mom's Avalon puts down more power than that.
Also that mustang is like a 3200 lb car, so the Avalon is even going to feel more powerful based on power to weight ratio.
>>
>>16286395
ill check it out, thanks
>>
>>16286304
Not familiar with dodges but it's generally the same, you'll have to take out the brakes which I forgot to mention.

If you google hard enough you might be able to find a factory service manual.
>>
>>16285921
Rent a storage unit big enough to park your car
>>
>>16287742
Yeah thats true, I didn't think about how almost 30 years of use has weakened the engine.

Also, I just talked to the guy. He says the biggest problems it has are the CEL coming on at 2000 rpms and then shutting off and the cruise control not working. Any ideas on what the cause of the CEL might be?
>>
>>16285692
No it doesn't and it's difficult to drift in an automatic, as you can't clutch kick.
>>
File: anti-drift.jpg (180KB, 1456x1056px) Image search: [Google]
anti-drift.jpg
180KB, 1456x1056px
>>16285692
>being this degenerate
my sides
>>
>>16283663

Have you checked Ebay or other such websites?
>>
>>16288015
Yea, the parts I saw had way more use on them than "just rolled off the production line" so not exactly representative of what I'm trying to do.
A lot of the forums I looked at you had to register to see the classified sections.
>>
>>16283663
>can i sell parts back to the dealer?
not likely, maybe if your parts are immaculate. you will never see anything close to MSRP
>can i sell parts on craigslist/ebay?
yes and you will see a better return
>be willing to haggle on CL
>>
>>16288022

Maybe try finding websites that sell OEM parts and try to get the price from there. As an example: fordparts.com.
>>
>>16285650
How long? You may have fucked the battery and reversed it's polarity
>>
File: warming up engine.jpg (144KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
warming up engine.jpg
144KB, 1024x768px
Should I buy a bike when i dont have a car&house? Im living in netherlands and job grants me rented car and rented, shared apartment.
Prolly gonna change my job soon so ill be w/o real car.
Was thinking about honda shadow 750
>>
>>16288144
So long as you have a place to do maintenance you should be good, but dding a bike is not fun.
>>
>>16288267
dding a bike? If you mean riding, then you should explain further.
>>
>>16288288
Daily driving/riding, it sucks after awhile, I've had to do it before when my other vehicles were out of commission
>>
Possibly checking out a car for sale on saturday. Only problem is its standard and I have little experience with that. I can stop and start but I've never actually driven. What are some tips to help me not make myself look like an idiot?
>>
>>16288421
Go slow/deliberate on working the pedals rather than trying to work them fast. Only drop back down to first if you're coming to a complete stop, 2nd will be your most versatile gear, especially for riding around a neighborhood on a test drive but don't only stay in second because it's important to shift through all gears on your test. The "trickiest" thing is turning/cornering; when heading into the turn, take your foot off the gas and apply the brake, you should be done braking by the time you enter the turn at which point you should shift into a lower gear and have it power you out of a turn.
>>
Good buy?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/cto/5909613061.html
>>
e87 or golf 5 as first car?
>>
>>16288838
Why is this a question? out of two unreliable POS' you always choose the RWD one.
>>
>>16288835
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/cht/654534964.html?lang=en&cc=us

Nah this is better.
>>
File: 20161207_215136.jpg (2MB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
20161207_215136.jpg
2MB, 1152x2048px
I torqued this bolt in half trying to remove it and the threaded bottom is stuck in the block now. How fucked am I?
>>
>>16289541
Actually according to that image I guess it's stuck in the head. Same question.
>>
>>16289541
if you don't have a welder, very much fucked.
>>
>>16289565
I do. Is the solution to weld a nut to the remaining piece of bolt to back it out?

What if enough isn't sticking out?
>>
>>16289579
How much is sticking out and can the rest of the intake manifold be taken off to leave more exposed?
>>
>>16289587
I haven't completely removed the intake manifold yet, but I'm going to. I got pissed off when it happened and shut the garage for the night. I hope some is sticking out of the cylinder head when I remove the manifold, but if it isn't then what's my course of action?
>>
>>16289597
drilling and retapping........
>>
File: mx5-54b3cd634e00b.jpg (49KB, 700x300px) Image search: [Google]
mx5-54b3cd634e00b.jpg
49KB, 700x300px
I want to start changing my own oil but the shop that's been changing it tightened the drain plug WAY too much with an impact gun and I can't get it out without another impact gun. Will I fuck the threads/oil pan by doing this?
>>
>>16289514
Im not familiar with the terms
>>
>>16289683
>Impact
>oil pan
good way to fuck it.

use a breaker bar if you must but be gentle

>>16289686
RWD= rear wheel drive
POS= piece of shit
euro car= POS
>>
I've got a 2010 Versa that shakes like nuts when cranking and doesn't want to start. It's been running perfectly until now. I'm guessing it's plugs/wires. Any ideas?
>>
File: Equinox vs tree2.jpg (73KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Equinox vs tree2.jpg
73KB, 500x333px
what ever happened to this guy?
>>
File: Screenshot_20161208-221308.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161208-221308.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
Gimme the scoop on them eagle talons, /o/.

Guy says a head will be about 200, does this ad set off any alarms for anyone?

Car is pretty close to what I really want in a vehicle, sporty looking, awd, manual.
>>
>>16289978
He lurks so were told.
>>
File: 20161208_220726.jpg (2MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161208_220726.jpg
2MB, 2048x1152px
>>16289541
>>16289602
Just fuck my shit up
>>
I want to buy a BMW 2002 but all the ones I can find for sale are already restored and way, way too expensive. I've got maybe $3k.

Where do you go to find this?
>>
So I have owned my truck for 6 years now, done all the regular basic maintenance to it.

I changed the oil a week ago, I just today noticed that my oil pressure is reading much higher than usual.

It now reads about 40psi at idle and will peg the gauge at 80 when my RPMs get up there.
>>
>>16290232
check the oil sending unit and the oil pressure relief valve but if both of those are good it's probably a blocked oil passage somewhere
your best bet would be to drain the oil and fill up the engine up to the valves with diesel and let it sit for a few days, then drain and refill with cheap oil and a really cheap filter
run this oil through the engine for 200 miles and then flush it
then do your normal oil and filter change
>>
>>16278851
Help me /o/ i am desperate.
2005 f150 v6 4.2 L manual.
It is 25*F here tonight.

On my way home i could barely shift into 1st. I had to really muscle and fight to get it into gear.

Got home. Added a little clutch fluid as i saw it was low.

Do i need a new clutch? New transmission? Help i am worried i will get stranded.
>>
>>16290682
Bad slave cylinder
>>
File: 1479940519933.jpg (36KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1479940519933.jpg
36KB, 655x527px
why/how do turbos have minus - psi?
>>
https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/5905161486.html
Should I cop
>>
>>16290715
Its been wrecked
>>
>>16290718
Its got that really weird but distinct looking Maaco black paint job. Its been completely repainted it looks like.
>>
File: 94873732.png (57KB, 230x227px) Image search: [Google]
94873732.png
57KB, 230x227px
Hey, /o/. I'm considering possibly abandoning my pursuit of a higher degree and pursuing a trade instead. Can you tell me what it's like to be an automotive mechanic? Do you make enough to live, for example?
>>
>>16291353
Really?
Being a mechanic is a great hobby, and a shit tier career. Especially with how cars are being designed nowadays with 50 different computers.

Dont be retarded.
Mechatronics is where its at.
Get an engineering degree like mechanical/industrial/electrical, and then learn how to basic programming. Youll be equipped for the incoming automation boom.

Trump isnt bringing jobs back, jobs are getting murdered by automation already. We are producing more than any other time in USA history because of efficient automation. Its not going away, but its not really talked about because its taboo.
Its your golden opportunity
>>
>>16291441
I'm pretty bad at math, though... furthest I got was pre-calc, and the only reason I got through that was because I had immense respect for the professor and didn't want to disappoint him. I admittedly did a bit of precursor stuff to IT in high-school, like courses leading up to an A+ cert, but it was difficult to get by without a good head for math.
>>
>>16291476
Just to summary my shit decisions, I dropped out of high school and was always a C math student too.
Fucked around 8 years doing nothing. I used Khan Academy to teach myself enough algebra to test into the correct math for an engineering program.

If I could do it, so can you. You are gonna have to put some serious work into any degree or trade you are thinking about.
Dont let math immediately snuff out a good option. The applied maths you learn arent so abstract.
>>
File: Dynafl1.jpg (39KB, 554x506px) Image search: [Google]
Dynafl1.jpg
39KB, 554x506px
I'm looking for a Dynaflow turbine ring from the transmission of a 50's Buick.

Where should I start? Doesn't need to be in great shape, it's for a non-auto related project.
>>
>>16291557
Here's the most important question for me--I know, it's romantic and dumb, but--do you enjoy your work? The main thing for me is that I want to do something I at least enjoy a little. The idea of doing something I hate for 30 years is... frightening. It feels like even a lot of money wouldn't be worth it.
>>
>>16290702
If the turbo isn't spinning fast enough to generate boost, there's always a vacuum in your intake when the car is running.
>>
File: 20394803.jpg (255KB, 1000x678px) Image search: [Google]
20394803.jpg
255KB, 1000x678px
>Wet oil fouling
How fucked am I? Only 1 out of 6. Cracked block? Worn rings? Gasket?

It's transverse and it's the cylinder hardest to disassemble, fuck.
>>
>>16289709
>euro car= POS
maybe in america where its expensive not in albania
>>
Getting a caramel-y smell from the vents when I turn the heat up to max. What is the cause?
>>
>>16290697
>>16290682

Not sure about that gen but early 90s f150s had internal slaves in which he'll have to drop the transmission anyways to get to it, which means you'll probably need to do a clutch Job while it's out

He needs to look and be absolutely sure it's not a leak in the line or master cylinder first

In the meantime it should be a self bleeding system, if he stomps on it enough times repeatedly it'll give him some pressure, enough to shift for a little while
>>
>>16290129
You're not going to find a restorable 2002 with only 3k
>>
>>16291606
Call some junk/salvage yards. Good luck
>>
>>16292011

coolant leak

hot coolant smells like maple syrup or caramel
>>
>>16291476
Engineering math and math math are extremely different. Engineering math is more of knowing what to do and letting a computer do the actual calculations. It's heavy on calculus, which is way more concept based rather than operations based.
To give you an idea, after 4 years of calculus and engineering math I went from being able to do fairly large calculations in my head to being slow when I have to do basic operations now (add, subtract, etc.) because of how little you use that basic math.
imo, at least take a calculus class at a community college or something before ruling out an engineering degree. Maybe you find that you're not good at basic math but you're pretty decent at calculus.
>>
>>16291948
That makes sense. Thanks senpai
>>
Would it be dumb to change a head gasket as my first major repair? It'd be in my project car so it's not a big deal if it isn't done in one day or I fuck up.
>>
Is an 05 volvo 240 reliable?
I'd be using it for a delivering job, and back and forth from school and whatnot.
>>
>>16292011
heater core is leaking
>>
>>16284955
>K&N

Their performance oiled air filters let dirt in but their oil filters are ok
>>
>>16284957
Not exactly sure what you're asking, all newer cars come with ECU's, do you mean a chip or a tune?
>>
How much of a Talon can be swapped with Eclipse parts
>>
>>16292525
er.. yea. like a tuning box.
>>
>>16292476
Depends on the type and orientation of the engine. You may want to pull it to make it easier because you'd be tearing apart the engine bay regardless.
>>
>>16292476
No, head gasket repairs arent hard.
You just have to buy brand new heads or get your old ones machined flat.
Then you have to buy new head bolts and torque them correctly.

If you fail to do both, youll just have your head gasket fail again in a couple hundred miles.

new heads/machining costs and 100$ worth of bolts gets pretty expensive on a beat up old cavalier.
It doesnt get done because of a monetary reason, not because it is intrinsically hard.
>>
>>16289999
Bump for this, I have a few grand to spend, if it's a bent valve though that means a lot of other parts need looked at, no?
>>
>>16292716
It's a 240sx with a KA24e
>>
>>16289754
plzhelp
>>
File: engine_bay.jpg (504KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
engine_bay.jpg
504KB, 1600x1200px
When people make their engine bays look like this, what the hell do they do with all the other shit that was there before?
If all (or most of it) is able to be removed, why do car manufacturers put it all in to begin with?
>>
>>16292943
did your timing belt break? check that first and foremost

>>16293113
trunk and cab.
>>
When do you know you have to get a coolant flush? If the freezing point is not at the adequate level, do I add more pure antifreeze?
>>
File: IMG-20161109-WA0005.jpg (188KB, 1600x1026px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161109-WA0005.jpg
188KB, 1600x1026px
I just replaced the valve cover gasket on my 94 miata 1.6. I used a few dabs of gasket sealant where it was necessary. I used elring dirko sealant. How long should I wait for it to cure or set?

It doesn't say on the box or on tube. Also it's my first time doing anything myself and it's been super exciting and nerve wracking. Pls no bully
>>
>>16293186
does your coolant look good? get some test strips off amazon or something and test it. if it's bad, flush it

>>16293223
an hour or two is usually good but 24 is best
>>
File: 1457342522290.jpg (65KB, 605x747px) Image search: [Google]
1457342522290.jpg
65KB, 605x747px
>>16293186
>when do i know to flush?
visually inspect the fluid, if it's not green or whatever color it was supposed to be change it
if you can't see through it, change it
if it's rusty a/f change it
if there's bits of bullshit in it, change it
if it's been more than 3 years, change it

use those coolant testers to see if your mix is good
they're like 5 bucks and i highly advise them if your car sees any freezing temps for more than a week
>would i just add more pure antifreeze?
ya, but you would have to wait to retest until it mixed in

>>16293223
it depends on which actual product you used.
if it was Elring Dirko, it seems like there's a 5-10 minute working time and then it forms a "skin,"
but it will never actually "cure"
https://www.pieseautopro.ro/uploads/ckeditor/attachments/37/ELRING-Catalog-solutii-etansare.pdf
>>
>>16292848
>New heads or machine them flat
Only if you're a woman who let the car overheat several times before thinking "shit I might have a problem"
>$100 worth of bolts
Are you fucking retarded and looking at AutoZone costs or did you buy German? My head bolts cost $16 for a full set of both sides (V8)
>>
File: durrcarface.jpg (47KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
durrcarface.jpg
47KB, 500x400px
>>16293375
>not getting blown heads tested and resurfaced
wew lad
>>
>>16293375
>Only if you're a woman who let the car overheat several times

Yes, because head gaskets just up and fail for no reason.

>Are you fucking retarded and looking at AutoZone costs or did you buy German?

Some people dont buy head bolts off of ebay.

I guess if you are too cheap to properly do your head gasket, you wouldnt care about shit bolts either.
>>
So someone pulled out in front of me yesterday and in case their insurance wants to total my car instead of fixing it, I've started cursory looks for a replacement. So far, the two that have stuck out to me most are

http://maine.craigslist.org/ctd/5909654005.html
and
http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/5905674296.html

Does /o/ have any thoughts or does anything seem wrong about either of these?

I've been pining for a truck for years, and the 4x4 would definitely be beneficial in Maine, but the Blazer probably wouldn't need quite as much fuel and would probably be better suited to my daily needs. Just looking for advice I suppose
>>
Does anyone have the "Takes from the dealership" dump .PDF of like 90+ pages of green text by long post guy? Tried googling for it but couldn't find the .PDF of all of the stories, only 1 or 2 individual ones. Thought I saved it but can't find it and wasn't done reading through them.
>>
>>16293961
Tales from the dealership*
>>
>>16293902
>but the Blazer probably wouldn't need quite as much fuel

v6 Blazers and S10s are notorious for getting shit mileage.
Some got the same gas mileage as full size V8 trucks of the same year.

You wont eclipse more than 22 or so on the highway. Get on it in the city you are lookin at 15-16 mpg. The worst part is, the 4cyls only realistically got 18-25 while being slow dogs that couldnt haul anything.

The full size truck weighing another 1000 pounds and having 4x4 will be getting practically the same MPG.

My biggest issue is that the Sierra is coming from some faggot at a used car lot. So you are going to pay some horse shit dealer fees and tax on whatever price you haggle him to.

Both cars are going to be perfectly fine daily drivers.
>>
>>16293902
one thing to consider is that a 4x4 truck is essentially RWD unless the front axle is engaged, and even then it won't behave the same as a FWD shitbox in the winter.
>>
>>16293970
to be perfectly honest I probably won't really notice the highway difference since my last car did maybe 25 highway, though the around town driving might be different from what I'm used to. I'm not so worried about gas mileage anyway.

But yeah, buying from the used car lot would be a completely new experience for me, though I could have a friend with me to help weed through the bullshit as best as possible.

Also, the Sierra would probably require a bit of a loan on my end, though that's again not a huge issue with me.

>>16293996
Right, no offense but I'm confused on what your point is..
>>
>>16294014
>Right, no offense but I'm confused on what your point is..

Ill explain his point to you
RWD are shit in the snow
Trucks you cant use 4x4 in the rain or on dry pavement. Only on actual snow where you are sliding around, under 40 mph. Youll have wheel hop and destroy your transfer case

At that point, under 40mph in the snow a minivan or a little econobox will handle better.

I live in illinois and had my fair share of trucks. My beloved, long time s10 sits when it snows. I refuse to drive it and will drive my shitbox camry all winter.
>>
>>16294014
>to help weed through the bullshit as best as possible.

There is nothing to really weed through.
Do your own due diligence, they are reliable trucks.
Just know he has to make a profit to keep the lights on, and he has to pay uncle sam.
You better fall in love with it because youll be paying a premium.
>>
>>16278851
I've never been a big fan of the Viper, I've always been a corvette guy, butI saw a new Viper today for the first time in person today and it made my dick hard. Is that normal
>>
>>16294106
>being turned on by a fiat
>>
Could you legally build your own car in the UK?
e.g. Buy a chassis then put in an engine and a roll cage and some basic panels on top, would that be registrable?
>>
File: file.png (360KB, 980x668px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
360KB, 980x668px
Is the Volvo S60 any good? I see a lot of them on craigslist.
>>
civic 1.4l engine year 1996-2000, is it good and reliable?
>>
>>16294283
Thats the yurp engines
Still in the USA, all the 90s hondas were decently reliable until 2001 when they changed up everything.
>>
File: 7657659.png (107KB, 957x557px) Image search: [Google]
7657659.png
107KB, 957x557px
Are spark plug leads usually this expensive? They're just wire after all?
>>
>>16293965
Ah fuck I forgot about those. Bump
>>
>>16294262
https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-approval/individual-vehicle-approval
>>
>>16289999
This picture is of the car in its natural state.
>>
>>16294438
If they have big boots and shit they can get expensive
>>
>>16292054
Yep internal slave.

Got a quotes of 900-1100 , and 1000-1500
>>
>>16294851

I just finished doing mine in my Ranger. It started acting up in similar temperatures. The top part of the clutch travel will feel floppy. It will self bleed and come back to normal for a while, but it will just keep happening more frequently and take longer to come back, until it doesn't. Those quotes are pretty realistic.
>>
File: 20161210_023129.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20161210_023129.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
I'm looking for an engine for my '87 galant rwd conversion. the car will pretty much be a DD alongside my charger and i need maximum skids

there's a manual 2.8l turbodiesel pajero for sale that's been running on a blown head gasket for one year for around 120.000$. if i part it out i should be getting my money back since it's raised and on 35" wheels but 123hp sounds like nothing for the engine size. will the diesel gods repay me in glorious torque or is it just a work horse?
>>
File: 14-2.jpg (105KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
14-2.jpg
105KB, 800x600px
Helpful krauts needed - I just bought a 1999 C230K. I'm getting the P0170 code, what seems like not enough power, and a burning smell I notice when I get out after driving. Also O2 and EVAP showed "Not Ready" on the emissions test.

I'm on a budget here - my first attempted is going to be MAF cleaner. If that fails, what would you recommend next?
>>
>>16295114
>P0170
>fuel trim error
Get a repair manual and check the resistance of the MAF with an ohmmeter to verify or rule it out.
Read this, too: https://www.obd-codes.com/p0170
>>
>>16293708
>Some people dont buy head bolts off of ebay.
Rock Auto you stupid faggot
>>
>>16278851
to what extent can cloth seats be cleaned?

if someone pissed or vomitted on it, that shit will permeate through. What hopes do I hope of getting rid of it completely if that's even possible? I am wondering since I am paranoid about cloth seats on used cars, but leather seats on older cars may be about to crack so that doesn't help.
>>
I have a early 90's German car and ive been getting some weird electrical issues. I tested the battery today and it only had a voltage of 11.9 but the car starts and cranks fine. Im thinking some of the issues ive been having could be do to low voltage. The battery is a 1 1/2 years old. Should I try recharging it or just fuck it buy a new one? its a duralast something
>>
>>16295114
Make friends with a mechanic
>>
File: 1479315950134.jpg (72KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1479315950134.jpg
72KB, 600x800px
I'm going to check out a car on craigslist tomorrow morning. I've read the sticky and the biggest thing that sticks out to me is looking at it first and then leaving and coming back if it seems like its worth buying. Does this mean leave and come back the next day to sleep on it or can I leave and discuss it for an hour with my friend and come back?

Also, the car is out of state. How much can I expect to pay buying the car in Missouri and bringing it to Kansas in terms of taxes, registration fees, etc.?

And If I do buy it, how should I go about getting it back home?

I've got a lot of other questions, mostly relating to title transfers and all that since its going from one state to another, but I'm going to try googling that stuff.
>>
File: ca0f539a-cd31-459f-a1ec-d7cf82a7.png (398KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
ca0f539a-cd31-459f-a1ec-d7cf82a7.png
398KB, 1400x1400px
Old PSA engine, how important is it to tighten the filter and drain plug to specific amounts like with a torque wrench?
I just tightened both by tool to as tight I could comfortably get it without applying silly amounts of force.
>>
not an auto guy so this might sound dumb.i just bought a 2013 mazda 3 from a used dealership with 55k on it what should i do maintenance wise after i get it? i figure change the oils and and filters. what else should i do?
>>
>>16295431
Owners manual has a list of exactly what and when
>>
>>16295336
The only thing that will cost you more because out of state is if they require a vin check, three actual vin check might cost but the fees etc should all be the same otherwise.

About going back, you're already driving out of state for this car, you're pretty fucking over invested. You need to be able to walk away and be willing to drive home with no car if everything isn't great.

No private seller is going to dick around with you leaving and coming back. If it's a dealer, wtf are you going out of state in the first place?
>>
>>16295241
They can be surface cleaned. If something is in the seat itself below the surface it is going to smell when hot or wet. Generally animal stink and smoking are the only two things to worry about, although I steamed my jeep seat recently to puff up the foam and a red stain came up through the cloth, lipstick or something.
>>
>>16294263
Don't know but tons of xc90s around for dirt cheap because they all have $10k work that needs to be done at moderate mileage. I got royally fucked on one, had to dealer trade to not lose more.
>>
>>16295542
>They can be surface cleaned.
that's what I thought

man that pretty much limits used cars to leather seats for me now unless I want to replace all the seats myself.
>>
>>16293902
The blazer might not really be 2wd, people are fucking stupid. Go actually look at it to be sure.
That said don't sell yourself short with 2wd on anything. You want 4x4 here is your chance, don't fuck it up and get something you don't really want again.
>>
>>16295557
You could try not being a baby about it.
>>
I' am new to /o/. Been on 4Chan for about 6 years, mostly been on /b/, /fit/, and /soc/. Beside all that shit, I recently got my first car. I was extremely happy to get this car, sadly though my first fuck up was that I did not buy the car. My not so bright mom bought it for me using my money, hell she was happy, but damn was it a bad idea.

That aside the cars a 2002 honda civic lx coupe. Its a salvage, but still ran for the moment. Now I don't know shit, you can guess for letting my own mom buy the car. Going off tangent it was a racing car apparently since the mechanic saw the catalytic converter being for a car that was meant for racing. Good news it was $1,000, Bad news it has now had $1,500 dollars in repairs and to get it licensed, smog, and plates, and so much other bull shit.

Bitching aside theirs still things wrong in the car and wanted to get some advice form you guys and ask you my questions.

First off, when I put it in drive it makes a terrible noise somewhere in the engine, thought it was this black plastic thingy that wasn't even screwed in (filipino man gave me a replacement for free and installed it), but he also told me that it was because of my motor mount, now I've heard so many stories of shady mechanics who rip you off to get money. So I'm asking you guys if it could be the motor mount, I don't really know if it is doesn't really looked crack to me, but I'm just a car retard. Second thing, after a while of driving the fucking things starts to heat up and smoke starts coming form the hood, I took it to the mechanic so they could see what was wrong and why the car was making noise, and didn't know shit,. Could it have been because of it not being a on the spot diagnosis? well they took it to drive around the block and still didn't know what was wrong. For the engine place making noise, they checked under the hood and checked the wheels, and found that my left rear wheels bearing was messed. CONTINUED IN NEXT POST
>>
>>16278851
First time back to /o/ after a while, does longpostguy still post?
>>
>>16295661
The bearing was messed up and from the front right wheel of the car the wheel was loose. So they told me it would be a lot easier to just replace the cap instead of pressing in the new bearing because of labor costs and that those fucks don't have a press as well as that the way that the bearing could have been messed up was due to the hub. for the loose wheel up front that was due to a bolt being messed and the car only having three nuts for each hub, or some shit like that I forgot. Oh and the oil change nut metal was eaten away by some retard and so they replaced that when I wanted a oil change. So question for that is that Did they rip me off?

Other things, Why could the radiator be heating up? why is the car making noise? Theirs also leaking in the engine of oil, a mechanic told me that its because of something that i forgot, only that silicone was used to fix it. In the end it needed other stuff like a thermometer and new catalytic converter and a bunch of repairs. So /o/ what can you tell me? I know i should not expect much due to you not physically seeing the car, but due to what i told you what can you tell m e, as well as did the mechanics rip me off.
>>
File: 1385247435834.jpg (404KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1385247435834.jpg
404KB, 1920x1080px
I drive a 2008 Camry SE V6 and everyone tells me they're fast as fuck, trying to goad me into racing.

What cars can I beat with my car in a straight line? Civics? Integras? G35s? 350z?
>>
So I was thinking about buying a Mustang but that happens to be the car that a pack of shitdicks (18-25ish) all drive. They just got caught racing by 3 LE agencies tonight for being dumbasses. they also always hang out at the same restaurant I go get late night work done at because it's the only 24hr place around here, so I encounter them often.
The way I see it, I now have 2 options:
>1) Don't get a Mustang, stay far away from this group and any associations to it, continue ignoring them
>2) Get Mustang, throw a Hellion turbo setup on it, along with coilovers, strut tower brace, swaybars, intake/headers/exhaust, racing IRS subframe, etc. and embarrass them in front of all of their little girlfriends.

As an aside, is it easier or harder to sell a car that's been modified like above. I feel like I'd only want it for about 2-3 years.
>>
>>16295343
drain plug should be done with a torque wrench. Oil filter should be done according to the instructions on the box (Usually oiled gasket, spun up 'till it barely touches, then 3/4 turn)
>>
>>16295661
First off the Civic is a great car for a first timer.
BUT
it sounds like that one is the most clapped out, thrashed, beat on piece of shit you could get.

>My not so bright mom bought it for me using my money
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Yeah you fucked up REAL good m8

>after a while of driving the fucking things starts to heat up and smoke starts coming form the hood
That could be a number of things. First thing would be to check the radiator fan. easiest way to do that would be to run it up to temperature and watch if the rad fan comes on
>thermometer
Thermometer or thermostat? If thermometer that would control the rad fan. Thermostat would block the coolant from getting to the radiator in the first place and cause overheating

>just replace the cap instead of pressing in the new bearing
What, like a new unitized hub? That's fine.
>>
are all of my opinions wrong?
>>
>>16296944
yes
>>
How impossible is this to fix?

Rear 'quarter' panel from a 99 Legacy SUS
>>
>>16299117

Lots of bondo, some paint and you're done.

If insurance will cover it, they'll scrap the car.

If you want it done right, it'll cost 5x the value of the car, but it can be done. Find a good panel from a junkyard car or something, cut out the bad section, weld it in, paint it, replace the bumper and tail lamp.

Alternatively, if you're a sheet metal wizzard, you can make your own panel and weld it in. I actually know a guy that could do that, matching body lines and all, but he normally works on 60+ year old multimillion dollar Ferraris. I have my doubts that he'd take on a Subaru, but you never know.
>>
>>16299155
The thing is 1k with 130k mi, I'd just like to not look like I've been in an accident recently

I'll certainly try bondo, do you have any ideas on where to start? Thanks anon
>>
>>16283723
>went into a spin
>burnt rubber smell
Definitely not the tires
>>
about to buy a manual 97 civic dx hatch

once i stance it will girls like me
>>
where is the VIN check guy?
>>
Power steering went out in my van three days ago. Left it parked on the road while at work for 9 hours, when I come out it was dead. When I put n ew fluid in it all immediately drained out all over, couldn't even tell where from.

Should I even fix it? Im really lazy but it's actually kinda fun driving without, anyone else have power steering problemos?
Also I'm a new drivr
>>
is this a good deal?

how do you fix broken ac?

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5899982379.html
>>
>>16282335
Fucking kill yourself, nismo shit only belongs in Nissan speed machines
>>
>>16300881
might kill the pump from running it dry, you've probably got a rusted line that finally said no.

Trace the line from the power steering pump to the rack itself, if that one is good look at the line returning to the reservoir.
>>
>>16284801
As far as I'm aware they have different front bumpers, best bet would be to speak to a breaker or mr2 club
>>
>>16300887
>Salvage

Unless you're looking for a track toy you better say nope
Thread posts: 225
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.