[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do crossovers get so much hate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: crv.jpg (155KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
crv.jpg
155KB, 1280x720px
CVT aside, why do cross overs get so much hate? Personally I think they are good for what they are and that is mostly affordable , roomy cars to get you around. If you want specialty save up and get that too and have fun on the weekends.
>>
File: 01-IMG_6692.jpg (242KB, 1600x989px) Image search: [Google]
01-IMG_6692.jpg
242KB, 1600x989px
They're massive on the outside and yet they have no room in the interior. I'm only 6'1 and my head touches in the front and back seats of pretty much every one.

It's a shame we don't have more wagons in North America, they do the job of a crossover so much better.
>>
>>16271504
Because they offer little extra utility over a hatchback and they're useless offroad/most owners don't take them off road so the extra ground clearance and awd is a waste of money. Only women and cucks buy them because
>muh seating position
>>
>>16271530
that's what I want desu. I was looking at this elantra wagon the other day its kinda nice actually. I just worry that they don't make the anymore
>>
>>16271541
sorry I MEANT touring. its basically a wagon style.
>>
I unironically like the Honda Crosstour. I have no idea what it performs like or what it's utility level is, but I like the way it looks.

is that bad?
>>
>>16271738

I get a little nauseous when I have to sit behind one of those in traffic. At least go for the Acura ZDX or whatever if you're into that shit.
>>
>>16271504
They're a jack of all trades but a master of none and they're a poor compromise. EVERYTHING they do can be better done by a conventional station wagon.
Space? Wagon has more
Fuel economy? get a 4 cylinder wagon
want AWD? Get a Subaru wagon like the Outback.
Want safety? Wagon.

The ONLY reason they sell is because they have a high seating position women love with gives them a feeling of being on top. Nevermind that the high seating position raises the center of gravity making the vehicle more likely to roll over and thus more dangerous.
>>
>>16271531
Behind 2nd row seats:

Volvo V90: 19.7 cu ft
Volvo XC90: 41.8 cu ft

Audi A6 Avant: 18.71 cu ft
Audi Q5: 29.1 cu ft

VW Tiguan: 23.8 cu ft
VW Passat Wagon: 22.9 cu ft (pretty close)

Ford Escape: 34 cu ft
Ford Mondeo Wagon: 19.8 cu ft
And the list goes on and on. I'm not one for crossovers, but they do have a lot more space then comparable wagons.
>>
>>16271774
BMW 5 Series wagon: 19.7 cu ft
BMW X3: 27.6
>>
>>16271763
More dangerous to someone who likes to corner. Crossover drivers are the kind who brake before every 85k corner anyway so rollover isn't really an issue
>>
>>16271763
Seriously?
Let's try the 2006-2012 rav4
Up to 29 mpg highway.
6.4 second 0-60 with the v6
Comfortable seating for 5 plus room in the back with high clearance
4x4, locking diff
How would a car that sits higher and is larger/more open be less safe?

Even the aztek got
26 mpg highway
Could tow 3500 lbs
Seat 5 people each being over 250 pounds
Awd
Has tons of storage space (more than a focus, bmw, audi, lexus, mercedes or an outback wagon)

Orrr you can consider the Subaru tribeca.
One of the nicest interiors around with tons of options
Symmetrical awd
First gen (b9) had alfa type styling, second gen has a 3.6 that gets 0-60 in about 7.5
Seating for 5 or 7

Mazda cx7, cx5, and nissan murano (2016 One is gorgeous) are both strong contenders as well. Lexus nx is slick as can be.

Bmw x6, and acura zdx both have tons of power, the Honda crosstour is based off the accord, i think the only two (expensive ) wagons i would get over one of these would be a e550 or a cts-v
>>
>>16271862
Yeah /o/ loves to tote the fact that wagons are more practical, but they aren't unless you are running the touge every friday

>>16271774
>>16271818
Huge differences in cargo capacity, A fucking X3 has 30% more space then a 5 series wagon lel
>>
>>16271504
Crv is pretty shitty though. Tiny, weak, only positives are they're good for snow and gas mileage. Basically a minivan...
>>16271530
The only ones I've been in that's too small is the kia sorento and the crv.
>>
>>16271774
You could have avoided bringing facts into this thread and just realized /o/ is full of contrarian faggots who spout wagon/crossover memes to look cool in front of the other autists.
>>
>>16271892
Yeah thats true, they won't accept the facts at all

Like if you look up literally any wagon, its gonna have a seriously smaller trunk then a comparable crossover, not to mention 95% of the time the wagon can seat 5 max.
>>
I do wish more crossovers were given competent engines though. I want a rav4 v6 for performance but the inside is so goddamn cheap.
Tribeca is frustrating cause i like the looks of the 06-07 b9 but the 08 and up have the 3.5
Lexus rx is nice but power (and mpg) aren't there.
Suggestions?
>>
>>16271869
Really bro? 2010 X3 = 30 cuft all seats in place vs 33.6 in the 2010 535i touring
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.