[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Capture.png (55KB, 454x436px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
55KB, 454x436px
Are these good?
>>
Not even a little. I have pic realted on my s10 pickup and it leaves a stripe of water that it misses. Also some times the wiper throw water back on to the windshield after its already swiped it off. Also why is your windshield not rain-x'd
>>
>>16271350
why rain-x when normal body polish/wax does the same thing
>>
>>16269931
Buy PIAA Silicone blades.
>>
>>16269931
i have mega cheap ebay ones and they are still good after 2 years now
>>
>>16271356
this.
A bit pricey but very good.
>>
>>16271355
Because rainx lasts longer, and wont get hazy when wearing out.

also, rainx washer fluid is as good as the applicator shit. but I guess some people have issuse that the wax in the washer can damage/clog modern equipment as such nozels, or the float inside. I have a modern car, and in 5 years of use, no issues.
>>
>>16271350
>>16271363
>>16271372
can someone explain what Rain-X is?
Now that it's getting closer to winter, I'll do my 15 mile drive to work, and the windscreen will start to get filthy
When I get back to my car when I finish, it's even filthier. Does RainX stop or at least help to minimise this?
>>
>>16271359
Unless your never use your blades, they should be changed every 6 months. At the end of winter, and/or start of the heavy rain season.

no blades, aside from the silicon will last 2 years.
I use rainx, never wipe my windshield when its dusty/dirty, and overall dont use my wipers as much, and they only tend to last about 8 months max before the streaking becomes annoying.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (188KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
188KB, 1920x1080px
>>16271384
RainX is specially formulated wax that's designed to last long on your windshield, and resist friction.

It makes the water bead off with the air. Depending on vehicle dynamics, at around 40mph the wind is strong enough to move the water off your windshield better than your wipers will.
The water balls into little droplets on the glass obstructing less, and blowing away easier.

You have to clean your windshield well before application, otherwise the wax will seal in the dirt.
It comes in a wax form you apply by hand, or premixed into windshield washer fluid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2B57fxQSP4
>>
>>16271385
i guess it just depends on where you live then.
mine still work good enough
>>
>>16271402
Sounds pretty cool. Doubt I'm going to see a day that's above 40 until the new year, but I'll definitely pick up a bottle
How long does an application last, and how many applications can I get out of a bottle?
>>
>>16271426
The washer fluid is good always as it constantly applies a new layer. Just gotta spray it on your glass once a week when driving.

To start fresh, I would suggest applying it by hand, and then filling up with the washer fluid.
If you only fill up with the washer fluid, it can take 3 weeks for it to properly adhere to your windshield when using it everyday
>>
>>16269931
>>16271350
>>16271355
>>16271356
>>16271359
>>16271362
>>16271363
>>16271384
>>16271385
>>16271402
>>16271408
>>16271426
>>16271451
>not using the OEM wipers that came with and are formulated and made for your vehicle

Literally the while thread.
>>
>>16271465
>he doesnt drive a old shitbox
please leave /o/
>>
>>16271465
Expendable OEM parts, like wipers, are often the lowest bidder, not the best fit.
>>
>>16271465
If automakers wanted the best for everyone they wouldn't sell detuned shitboxes just to give people something to buy and upgrade from later.

Automakers cut costs. That's it. Exec walks into engineering and says "make me a family sedan that costs no more than ZY,000 to manufacture using our current lines" not "make me a family sedan that functions to its full potential".

And then you have regulations, not just in your country, but in every other country and state in that country. Nobody's going to make different versions of the same product for california, bulgaria, britain, sweden, and montana. Not these days.
>>
rain-x is a waste of time, it's 1% better than just using wax/polish on the screen
>>
>>16269931
No, get Rain-X latitude blades. Cheaper, and they apply the rain repellent treatment as you wipe, and my treatment never wears out because I use it in combo with the Rain-X washer fluid that does the same.
>>16271385
Try cleaning your wipers with glass cleaner and a rag every so often, makes them last much longer. My aforementioned wipers are now heading on about 9 months old and still work as new even in Texas where it doesn't rain very often.
>>16271426
See my first paragraph, and buy the combo glass cleaner and rain repellent spray bottle for the first treatment. I never have to reapply on my windshield since the wipers and washer fluid do it for me, but I do anyway on my side and rear windows since it helps with getting all the droplets off of them after a rain too.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.