[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frozen/Stuck Window???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1462412158817.png (2MB, 1275x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1462412158817.png
2MB, 1275x1041px
Anons i'm in the shit. My window's frozen halfway up and wont shut. I hear something something like ice cracking when it rolls up. Tried lubing it with wd-40 down the window slit but no use.

Suggestions?
>>
Get it in a warm area if at all possible and get that sucker up, then leave it up.
>>
File: 1479637104448.jpg (171KB, 500x712px) Image search: [Google]
1479637104448.jpg
171KB, 500x712px
>>16257250

Thing is I'm not so sure it's ice. I had the car on with maxed heater for bout half an hour. It's a power window, and it winds up and down till halfway then it wont go up.
>>
Bump! Pls help!
>>
That's probably the sound of the cable on the regulator lashing around the spool because it has slipped off. Happened on my F-150 last year.
Get a strong suction cup and see if you can lift the window up while pushing the button. Then move the suction cup down to the bottom and it might hold the window in place long enough for you to get the parts in and repair it.
>>
>>16257231
My dad used to pour his hot coffee on his mustang if the windows were frozen, it actually fucking fixed it lmao

Try that desu
>>
>>16257279
just go to someone who can fix electric things like that it won't be expensive and you won't fuck up your window mechanism
>>
File: Tools_InteriorTrimSet_RED.jpg (19KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
Tools_InteriorTrimSet_RED.jpg
19KB, 425x425px
>>16257279
>Thing is I'm not so sure it's ice.
You'll have to remove the door trim. But that is not a big deal as long as you have some interior trim removal tools.
>>
>>16257477
>pouring coffee
>pouring hot anything on your windshield

Enjoy your cracked glass
>>
Try to push the window up while using the button. As another anon suggested a suction cup can help greatly. Once it's up don't roll it down at all. Then you will have to remove your interior door pannel to access the window regulator mechanism. From there you should be able to tell what the problem is. A faulty power window regular at or could be the issue or something stuck in the track of the window might be it too. While your In there lube up the window mechanisms with white lithium grease. To remove trim trim tools help alot. Also check for any hidden screws or find a guide for your car. Be careful if it's cold as old plastic trim gets really brittle and breaks easily.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.