[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VIN etching: insurance general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 3217-VIN2.jpg (29KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
3217-VIN2.jpg
29KB, 640x427px
Is there any reason not to do this?

Same with defensive driving course, especially the cheap ass online ones
>>
>>16256915
What is this? Do they etch every part or just windows? What stops a chop shop from just breaking the windows?
>>
>>16256915
Yeh its a ripoff dont do it
>>
>>16257098
>What is this? Do they etch every part or just windows?

My understanding is that it's acid etching the VIN number on all the windows.

>What stops a chop shop from just breaking the windows?

The lost profit from the now numbered windows.
>>
File: 1313613920045.png (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1313613920045.png
8KB, 400x400px
>>16256915
>paying money to take a defensive driving course
>considering taking a defensive driving course
>ever
man i remember when i lived with my parents too!
>>
>>16256915
wait what.

what about vin etching. do you not have it? or are you saying you want to go etching your vin on everything
>>
>>16256915
if someone wants to steal your car, they don't care if you acid etched your windows.
>>
>>16258417
It when the car gets detained by the police at a traffic stop. If the VIN on the windows doesn't match the VIN of the car, and the VIN was reported to have been stolen, that that car probably has stolen chop shop parts and might be checked out.

Chop shops can take risks, but putting VIN on many different parts makes it risky. Once an investigation is started, the other parts normally covered up might be checked and found to have VIN on them belonging to a HOT car. Thus it gets tracked back to the shop.

By making it riskier for the CUSTOMER (not the original thief), this helps to dry up part of the market for hot parts.
>>
>>16258452
not really, they would extremely rarely check for VINs in those spots and they are easily sanded away.
>>
>>16256915
Wasting money: The Thread

As if any self-respecting chop shop pro will car about your autist-level VIN etched glass.
>>
>he actually lives in an area where having your car stolen is an actually possibility.
>>
What's "defensive driving"?
>>
>>16256915
>Buy a used window
>Notice VIN doesn't match mine
>Give zero fucks and install it anyway
Not like it would stop anyone and you could just etch over it making the whole thing unreadable.
>>
>>16258417
Glass is cheap, nobody buys chop shop windows

>>16258452
Cops don't check VIN's on fenders and shit likely to be replaced.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.