[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simple oddities with your cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

One of my vehicles is a Toyota Yaris, my A to B beater. Over 10 years old, ~200,000km.

Not a single light bulb has burnt out in the life of the vehicle. Not one.

What the hell is Toyota making their lights out of? What sorcery is this?

Anyways, what small oddities have you noticed about any of your cars?
Also, any other Yaris owners out there who have the same bizarre indestructible light bulbs?
>>
Skoda Octavia jumping out of gear. Sometimes when riding away from the traffic lights it can jump from 1st to neutral even though you even checked if it really was in 1st gear.
Me and my sis had it happening, nobody else.

>>16255956
>What the hell is Toyota making their lights out of? What sorcery is this?
Maybe they use a lower current to power their light bulbs and do they ramp up the voltage/amperage when turning them on.
>>
>>16255956
Japanese made light bulbs are known to last the life of the car compared to German/China replacement aftermarket

Also Yaris are great with Blitz supercharger
https://youtu.be/KgzK9EsRhtY
>>
>>16256139
>sc on a yaris

that...that is actually pretty fucking cool. I think my friend's gf has a yaris. I'll see if I can talk him into talking her into it.
>>
>>16255956
Not sure if other cars do this but in my Mazda if you take the keys out of the ignition with the headlights on it will beep endlessly at you until you turn them off.

t-thanks Mazda
>>
>>16257654
Yeah most cars do this.
>>
Have yet to find a button to open the hatch so I have to manually open it with the key every time
>>
>>16255956
My integra has horn buttons on the sides of the steering wheel instead of in the middle. My thumb often rests on one of them so I have a tendency to meep at people when I'm not paying attention
>>
>>16257687
I do the same here mate. The horn button on my bike is super sensitive, I honk at so many people by accident
>>
>>16257654
Dare you to drive an 80s Mercedes and take the key out with the lights on.

I swear they took fire alarms from elementary schools and repurposed them in those 190Es/300Es.Those fuckers are LOUD.
>>
>>16257687
>>16257707
Perhaps you're just really friendly anons.

I beep back whenever anyone beeps at me, whether I recognize you or not...It's rude not saying hello back when someone says hello.
>>
>>16256117
I actually know why that happens, and it's not independent to your manufacturers gearbox, that's a common issue with all makes of manual transmissions. You need to bring the tranny in for work. Let them know exactly what you just told me, they'll know how to correct it.
>>
>>16257715
I'm a Mercedes Tech, yes, I can attest to this. It's almost deafening.

Keys out, lights still on, SQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
*JESUS FUCKING CHRIST* Covers ears
WHERES THE FUCKING SWITCH GOD DAMNIT
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.