[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i own a 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan. First of all i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 2005-Nissan-Altima-2.5S-005.jpg (2MB, 2261x1614px) Image search: [Google]
2005-Nissan-Altima-2.5S-005.jpg
2MB, 2261x1614px
So i own a 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan. First of all i will say that it was in a wreck from the previous owner and was rebuilt once. That being said, I've had to replace the catalytic converter, and 02 sensor (One problem i have with this is that everywhere i look the 02 sensors available for my car have 4 prong connectors, but for some reason mine has a 6 prong in it and i'm not sure if they just wired it funky when they rebuilt it, or if that's how it's supposed to be) It runs way better than when i had the old converter (MUCH more quiet), but even with the new one i have a problem when i accelerate. Once i reach the speed where it's supposed to shift, it won't shift up (Unless i'm not going very fast) unless i left off the gas and let it shift. But also, if i just lay on the gas, i get the RPM's but it's not getting up to speed quickly like it should, i have to ease into it. I have looked around on the internet and the converter is a typical problem for my car, but i don't know what exactly i need to fix it i read that if your converter goes bad it can blow pieces into your manafold which might explain the current problem. But if it's the 02 sensor, i may need to get it rewired i'm thinking.. Thoughts?
>>
File: 1480392031870.jpg (158KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1480392031870.jpg
158KB, 707x1000px
>>16255108
>>
>>16256295
?
>>
>>16255108
Interesting problem, bumping out of curiosity.
>>
>>16256467
Appreciate it thank you, i'm very confused.
>>
File: 3 (1).jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
3 (1).jpg
39KB, 480x360px
>>16255108
Check your transmission fluid level, and clean the connector for the throttle position sensor. Do you have any codes?
>>
>>16255108
>Once i reach the speed where it's supposed to shift, it won't shift up (Unless i'm not going very fast) unless i left off the gas and let it shift. But also, if i just lay on the gas, i get the RPM's but it's not getting up to speed quickly like it should, i have to ease into it.
You have a transmission on the way out.
>>
>>16256542
This. It's definitely a problem with your automatic transmission. If it's the fluid, it's a simple fix. Just have the transmission fluid and filter replaced. They generally need replacing anyways every 30k or 50k depending on the vehicle.Most cars never have them replace, then morons bitch their engine seized or their transmission failed.
>>
Sorry guys i thought i clicked post.
>>16256542
Last codes that showed up were for my 02 sensor, i got them cleared out and nothing has showed up since. I have no check engine light. I will try cleaning the sensor tomorrow and see if that helps.
>>16256548
Fuck me i hope not, might as well buy a new car if that's the case.
>>16256560
My transmission fluid is at the appropriate level and it's light in color like it's supposed to be. The filter on the other hand, you might be onto something because i haven't changed it once since i got it but i haven't put anywhere close to 30k miles on it yet. But i don't know when the last time it was changed either.
>>
I love my '03 Altima, it's deceptively roomy and comfy, I've got the cloth seats too. Tons of leg room in front and back seats, big trunk and gas tank, but it can be pretty quick for a 13 year old car.

How do you like yours?
>>
File: 2016-04-16 22.36.21.jpg (4MB, 2341x1708px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-16 22.36.21.jpg
4MB, 2341x1708px
>>16257937
I hated my altima. I am so glad my neighbor's tree took care of it a few months back.

A sensor once went bad that would cause my car to shut off while I was driving (highway speeds too), and would take several tries before it would finally start again.
>>
>>16255108
I had an 02 2.5, based nissan started the horsepower wars with dat 3.5. Make sure you're getting the right o2 sensor. Theres one for precat(manifold) and one for cat under the car.
Like others have suggested the shifting is likely tranny fluid. Also have you tried manually shifting the gears? It could be that the hesitation is your car staying in, say, 4th gear when it shouldve downshifted to 3rd or 2nd. My car had issues like that so i manually shifted. Had to replace the tcm, trans control module for like $120
>>
>>16258521
I'll try shifting it manually, 120 bills isn't too terrible, but it's getting to the point where I don't know if i want to sink more money into this car, I really like the car other than my current issues everything else on the car pretty much functions as it should.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.