[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wont Mazda or Nissan just start manufacturing exact same

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1461317086822.png (17KB, 704x696px) Image search: [Google]
1461317086822.png
17KB, 704x696px
Why wont Mazda or Nissan just start manufacturing exact same RX-7 and R34s as years ago? There is a market for them and they still have all the necessary plans for manufacturing.
>>
>>16254495
Crash and safety standards.
>>
File: rx7fd001.jpg (237KB, 1280x741px) Image search: [Google]
rx7fd001.jpg
237KB, 1280x741px
>>16254498
Emissions, too.
>>
If they did, they wouldn't be any more affordable than what they are now.
>>
>>16254495
What market? People who like the old cars because they cost much less than they did new?
>>
File: image.jpg (206KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206KB, 1024x640px
>>16254498
>>16254511
yeah, pretty much this.

all the autistic normies freak about useless shit such as emissions & safety when in reality it doesn't fucking matter.

this is also the reason why automakers have made some pretty trash designs in the last few years, to keep up with the moronic regulations that people will flip shit about if they are not followed.

>pic very related
>inb4 libtard/easy bake nigger tries to justify the autistic regulations
>>
>>16254495
The market is there, but it's so small that it would not even be close to profitable. Remember how a little while ago they were talking about getting rid of the Zone line and replacing it with a sporty crossover?
>>
>>16254530
The "Z" line. Damn auto correct
>>
>>16254516
If you mean they would be as expensive as modern cars, probably not. However, they would probably be just as expensive as a fully restored vintage one so it isn't really accurate for op to say "there's a market for them"
>>
>>16254495
they can do it if they want. toyota produced 3 new AE86s for the hong kong movie version of Initiald. and they wrecked it ;(
>>
File: file.png (593KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
593KB, 900x596px
So when Jaaaag built the new XKSS recently, what did they do about the whole safety standards thing? do they just not plan to sell them for road-use in the US? link related said they're building nine cars which are going all over the world, nothing about the US though

http://newsroom.jaguarlandrover.com/news/2016/11/new-original-jaguar-xkss-makes-world-debut-los-angeles?q=&start=0&brand=jaguar
>>
>>16254594
The manufacturers can build like nine or so i think per year.
No other manufacturer could justify the cost of the tooling, etc, without selling the cars for millions, each.
Even if they had the tooling (which i doubt), they need a location to build the cars, which means the tooling and presses, etc. need to be moved there, then assembled, then only build the 9 or so cars that is allowed under the replica clause.
They won't make a cent, so there's no reason to do it.
>>
>>16254642
* that is, to say, they don't have to meet any new safety standards, as the cars produced are replicas of the old cars.

Also, I was super off, it was a maximum of 325 cars a year, still no room for profit, unless it's a Jag, or old MB, etc.
>>
>>16254594
Jaguar is 'replacing' original cars that were destroyed in a factory fire in 1957.
Technically these cars already existed and so can be grandfathered in.
They did the same thing with the LWE-type the VINs for thoses cars existed but the were never built.
>>
>>16254495
Pretty difficult to make 20 year old designs comply with modern regulations.
Otherwise they would be still be around.
>>
>>16254530
The words "Z" and "sporty crossover" make my blood boil. It makes no fucking sense.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.