[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Running no center cap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: large.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
sup /o/

Pic is related. I have a 2wd Ram 1500. The front wheel bearing assembly, by design, has a ~1in hole in the center. Normally this is covered up by the center cap on the wheel.

I bought a winter tire combo off of tire rack. Firestone, studs, steelies. Did it during the summer and got them WAY cheap + an additional promotion. Going to put them on in January as that is when my side of the mountain tends to get rocked by snow.

My stock center caps look terrible on the cheap steel wheels. Would anything bad result if I didn't put them on and just rocked a through hole in the center of my front wheels?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (173KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
173KB, 1920x1080px
More pic related

Never heard of this company before...looks like they sell cheap commie shit but it illustrates the hole
>>
shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>16248880
thanks

Unrelated question

Who here drives RWD in the winter?

I've been doing it for >15y now and people still are telling me I'm going to get stuck or kill myself.
>>
>>16248858
There should be a hole in the backside of the bearing too unless they plugged that from the factory so the center cap isn't gonna do much for protection against corrosion.
>>
>>16248900
A 2wd truck is awful in the snow, but with enough weight n the bed it's not that bad
>>
>>16248858
>shaft splines
>2wd
>front

Son, that isn't how hub assemblies work.
>>
>>16249031
Yeah it is. Chrysler uses the same hubs on 2wd and 4wd trucks.

It's cheaper that way, and they dont have to stock two different assemblies.
>>
If they fit you should run them to prevent corrosion.
>>
>>16248858
It's not a 4wd, it's not being used, the hole gets covered in the summer.

Who gives a shit if there's a bit of rust in there. The truck sure don't.
>>
Well your main concern would be that you don't have an axle shift in the hole, otherwise how will the power get to the front wheels as well?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.