[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Manual vs DCT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (53KB, 400x337px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 400x337px
Why will some people abstain from purchasing or driving a manual vehicle because of eventual need to replace the clutch but then go out and buy a car with two clutches? Can /o/ explain this to me?
>>
Because they believe it's less work for them while almost providing the same level of performance.
>>
>>16245898
Yeah I can understand that but like most will go
>clutches go bad and are expensive to replace
But then they show you their new car and it's got a DCT and they don't seem to put two and two together.
They now double the amount of clutches, double the amount stuff to go wrong and doubled the cost of replacement. Unless somehow the clutches in DCTs don't need replacement
>>
>>16245892
>abstain from purchasing or driving a manual vehicle because of eventual need to replace the clutch
who even does this
people only abstain from purchasing or driving a manual if they don't know how to or don't want to put in the effort to do it
>>
>>16245927
Maybe they use it as an excuse to themselves as a reason why they don't know how to drive manual and end up telling themselves it so much they believe it.
>>
I thought DCT vehicles used multiplate wet clutches much different from your standard clutch but I could be wrong.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.