[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Animal Strike Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: 1427568707486.png (752KB, 1024x642px) Image search: [Google]
1427568707486.png
752KB, 1024x642px
>you're driving your outdated shitbox down the road at 11pm
>you're doing 45mph and Eurobeat is pumpin'
>all of a sudden you see an opossum in the road directly lined up with your front, driver's side tire

Wut do?

Do you:

>slam on the brakes
>swerve to avoid it
>power through the opossum

Hardmode:

>a deer (or larger) darts out in front of you with minimal distance for you to react

wut do in this situation?

My procedure has always been if it's a squirrel or whatever at less than 30mph, try and let it fuck off, but if it's any bigger and I'm going any faster, it's dead; that is, up until the point of something like a deer.

I've hit squirrels, opossums and armadillos in my car with zero damage.

When I was younger, I was sharing an '01 Mercury Grand Marquis with my younger brother (I was 19, he was 16) and he hit a deer with it at 40mph, but all that happened was that the plastic grill got cracked and the deer was pulverized.

Do you c/o/cks try and avoid animals at the risk of over-correcting to the point of damaging your vehicle or do you let the dumb fuckers die?

General Animal Strike Thread.
>>
Drift around it
>>
File: captionless.jpg (64KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
captionless.jpg
64KB, 800x600px
>>16242870
>opossum
Didn't even know what they were until I Googled it.

No way I'm swerving or braking for those fuckers. Animals are stupid as fuck and I waste far too much time slowing down for them. They look about the same size as rabbits and rabbits do zero damage when you hit them.

If a deer jumped out I'd probably panic brake and swerve.

Around where I live there are ten billion pheasants and they are fucking annoying. They have absolutely no sense of fear and will just walk in front of your car whenever they like, I've killed at least a dozen in the last year.

I once hit one going 90mph+, had no time to react as it ran out, it made a pretty hefty thud so I got out to check the damage and I lost my fucking towing eye cover, so now I have a shitty unpainted one. Not five minutes after inspecting the damage of the previous impact, another one flew into my wing mirror, I really doubt it survived because the window had a bunch of feathers and pretty horrible guts looking shit all over.
>>
>>16242870
Hit it as long as the collision won't kill you. Most insurance companies cover deer strikes but will fuck with you if you swerved to miss a deer and wreck
>>
>>16242870
If there's no one behind me brake. If I'm going slow enough swerve too. If I'm driving fast and there's someone behind me I power through it. I'm not swerving at high speed or getting rear ended over an opossum.
>>
>>16242870
>slam brakes and turn off lights so animal doesnt get light shock.
>dont try this at home
>tell the squirrel to hop in
>POWER FIGHTER
>drive off into the Sunset
>>
>>16242870
I slam the brakes as well as move as much as I dare to with the antilock brakes on. I've already tried pretend situations in a large parking lot on a rainy day to try to train myself with this new car.

The key thing is to not have the deer come into your driver's side windshield. A deer is like a barrel on stilts. It is pretty dense and wrecks the car. A few times, it will not be the "deer in headlights" and will start to run and that's when it is high enough in the air to come across your hood and smack your windshield.
>>
File: 1480466348794.jpg (31KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
1480466348794.jpg
31KB, 500x342px
>>16243665
>>
Possums are cute. I would like to believe I could stop fast enough or just straddle over it but probably not. Such is life in shitbox town.
>>
>>16242870
>opposum
Run it right over, it will not be able to do any damage to my truck

>deer
Brake and brace

>moose
Now, this is the one I'm afraid of. If I can react quick enough I'll brake and try to steer clear, or atleast hit the rear of moose.

I've yet to hit or have an insanely close call with a moose, and until then I'll continue paying attention, keeping a sane speed and investing in overpowered lights & premium tires

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rraeBET1gm8
>>
File: 20151022_080204.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151022_080204.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>16246213
Hella Yeah
>>
File: 20161028_150818.jpg (767KB, 1671x875px) Image search: [Google]
20161028_150818.jpg
767KB, 1671x875px
>>16246246
Halogens? Caveman technology!

On that video I was running 3 x 9" 55w cheap halogens, worked alright. Mounting was shit due to no real place to screw the bucket holder onto & stabilizers

Currently running a Autofeel LED-bar. It was sold as 500w, but I have a strange feeling its 300w as I can run it just fine on a 30 amp relay & 30 amp fuse... still, its got fucktons of light and I really dont feel that I need more
>>
>>16246213
Song name?
>>
>>16246270
Man yells at deer was excellent
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.