[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /o/ So i just bought an audi with the 1.8 turbo engine and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: framfilter.png (270KB, 562x384px) Image search: [Google]
framfilter.png
270KB, 562x384px
sup /o/

So i just bought an audi with the 1.8 turbo engine and the owners manual recomends to do oil changes every 10k miles and run full synthetic oil only

Now, coming from a shitbox honda that used conventional oil and required oil changes every 3k miles or 6 months, 10k miles seem like a fuckton of miles, thats like a fucking year for every oil change.

So my question is: is 10k miles really safe for synthetic oil or should i do it every 3k or 5k? i dont mind spending a little extra if it means it will prevent major engine/turbo problems
>>
Pretty sure these cars hold more oil than you'd expect, but they also have massive sludge issues if you don't change it often enough.
>>
I do synthetic every 7k or 6 months, whichever comes first.

Check your oil, make sure it isn't sludgy. Sludge = change

When you transfer from conventional to synthetic, you will need to do an interim change, so drain the conventional, run synthetic for like 500 miles or so, drain it out, and then new filter + oil and do a full interval on that next one.

The interim change should unclog a bunch of stuff in the engine that conventionals dont get to.
>>
>>16239341
Most newer cars have long oil change intervals like that, Not sure how much I trust their claims though. Personally I would change around every 8k or so just to safe, especially since it has a turbo. Then again I'm no mechanic
PS, changing your oil every 3k miles is for plebs. I change my shitbox honda every 5-6k miles using full synthetic
>>
>>16239341

>The owners manual that was written by the engineers who designed the car to be cared for and run in optimal conditions says change the oil every 10k miles
>FTFY

Dont ever push a cars oil out that far. Stick with 3 to 4k and then change it. Oil is cheap, engines are not.
>>
>>16239387
>Stick with 3 to 4k and then change it

Modern cars can handle double that with zero problems m8
>>
>buying an audi
Why would you do this? If you must have German, at least go BMW or Mercedes, not VW with extra leather.
>>
>>16239387
Are you dumb? There's no reason to change it that often when the car and its oil was made to last that long
>>
>>16239387
Okay grandpa
>>
>>16239413
i thought it looked cooler than its bmw or mercedes counter parts and its just a DD grocery getter so i dont really care about performance/handling aside from some decent passing power
>>
Knowing audi from personal experience, it's probably more like 2-3k since you're gonna be constantly burning or leaking oil
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.