[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, i dont have spark on 2 cylinders in rover 1.8 engine, i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Rover flywheel.jpg (66KB, 508x192px) Image search: [Google]
Rover flywheel.jpg
66KB, 508x192px
Guys, i dont have spark on 2 cylinders in rover 1.8 engine, i recently changed flywheel, both are WFM1972 but now im looking that there are different ones marked as WFM1972 - i mean those holes, do they mean something?
>>
>>16238885
they're just there for balancing
>>
what is the CPS reading then?
>>
>>16238885
Nope, those holes are made to balance the flywheel so it doesn't vibrate while rotating.
Every piece is slightly different from the other so it needs a different amount of holes for balancing.

Don't use those as references to tell a part from the others
>>
Your coils feed two cylinders each, check those.
>>
>dont have spark
>better check flywheel

wat
>>
>>16239139

Just one coil, with distributor cap.
>>
>>16239157
ammm, this engine is swapped to another non rover car, had some issues with immobiliser before. thought that it might be the case since there are some markings for immo on the flywheel i presume
>>
>>16239158
Wut, how old is the engine?

So distributor cap is driven from a camshaft?, that only leaves the cap, leads or spark plugs if its sparking on at least some cylinders.
>>
>>16239190

Okay, so. The whole story inbound

I swapped 1.8 K series to eastern european car that featured 1.4 K series as an option. Bought an engine online but it turned out to be VVC instead of solid cams. Long story short i bought upper part of the engine (cylinder head and cams) from freelander and put on the cap. The cap is good, leads also and spark plugs. No idea where to look next so i went to another thing i changed which is flywheel. It was PSDsomething originally but it wouldnt fit into 1.4's gearbox.
>>
File: 1429751202361.gif (2MB, 200x145px) Image search: [Google]
1429751202361.gif
2MB, 200x145px
>i don't have spark in 2 cylinders
>my flywheel has 2 holes in it
How fucking stoned are you right now?
>>
>>16239219

well looking at that i must be pretty stoned, but whole ignition system looks good. so im looking for some other reasons like immobiliser n shit
>>
File: because rover.png (652KB, 636x473px) Image search: [Google]
because rover.png
652KB, 636x473px
>>16239201
Well now its running from a distributor you don't need the triggers from the flywheel and crank sensor.

Do the spark plugs spark if you plug one into the end of a HT lead and earth it and crank the engine?

And you are sure you don't have the cams set 180 degrees out?
The cam pulleys fit on each cam 2 ways also, as cam and exhaust pulleys are interchangeable.
>>
>>16239234
>cam and exhaust pulleys are interchangeable

I meant inlet and exhaust.
>>
>>16239234

yeah, they spark, i'll look into the pulleys stuff tommorow. Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>16238885
>rover
There's your problem. Scrap it and buy a ford.
>>
>>16239256
I just thought I'd mention it as I know you have to take them off to attach the back of the plastic cam belt cover when you take a cylinder head off.

God speed anon.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.