[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

903 Cubid Inch Turbo Diesel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
GOOD NIGHT SWEET PRINCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u2vMCMHdjI
>>
>500hp
>903ci
Wut
>>
>>16234918
Diesels don't produce all that much horsepower; their area of expertise is torque
>>
What did I just watch
>>
>>16234919
Actually a theoretical diesel designed for high revs could provide a fuckton of hp. Would probably end up requiring jet fuel or kerosene to run, so it wouldn't technically be a diesel, just a compression engine.

Cummins used to make a diesel engine with somewhere between 5-10k hp. The thing weighed more than a Mack truck, but still.
>>
>>16234919
>>16234945
oh boy so I have an anecdote for you. I've got a friend with a 2004.5 Ram 5.9L Cummins and with a turbo upgrade, injectors, lifters and exhaust it made ~750whp through an auto and about 1600 ft-lbs. he revs it to about 3750 RPM.

making HP with a diesel is most certainly possible, it's just really not what they're designed to do. the Cummins ISX and the last on-highway CAT Acert engines can both be had with over 600 horses in a heavy duty application but with 15 liters of displacement they also make north of 2000 ft-lbs.
>>
>>16235076
I used to work with a guy that had a done up f-250 not sure what he did to it but that truck was fucking stupid fast. watched him roast a fiat 500 abarath, a 350z, and our other dude we worked with stock impala because he swore it ran 12's.
>>
>>16235076
The ISX engines also redline at like 2000rpm.

Make them rev to 3750 on the dyno, or just do the math if they can make anywhere close to that torque at higher RPMs and the HP rating will look much better to the average normie who things a Corvette is more powerful than a 15L semi truck engine.
>>
'murica
>>
File: CommerTS.gif (216KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
CommerTS.gif
216KB, 800x600px
>>16234945
A engine doesn't need to run on only diesel to be called a diesel. It just has to use the diesel cycle for ignition.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.