[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fwd oversteer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Is liftoff oversteer safe?
I have a fwd car that sometimes likes to oversteer instead of understeer. Normies like it, so i just dont give a shit when it happens and correct it easily (not quite sure how honestly).
Could it go wrong?
>>
>>16233784
>Is taking a car beyond the limits of grip safe?

Gee I dunno, lemme think about that one for a while.

>Could it go wrong?

Of course it could, you absolute retard.

Im not saying dont do it. Not trying to talk you out of it. Your questions are just really fucking stupid. Getting the ass end out is fun, do it if you want to, but realize that yes there are risks and yes you could crash.
>>
>>16233850
Im talking slow corners, so it feels pretty safe. Will accelerating correct it? Since its fwd, the front wheels would push the car out of the oversteer into the correct position.
Noob talking here, so dont take anything i say as serious.
>>
>>16233866
Yeah, pointing the wheels in the direction you want to go and hitting the gas should pull you out of the slide with FWD.
>>
>>16233866
This anon's got it >>16233878 . Also if you hit the brakes in the middle of a slide you will likely spin and lose control.

If you fuck up, even at fairly slow speeds, you can still spin, so keep that in mind. A slow spin wont get you hurt though, so its not a big deal unless youre a dumbass fucking around in traffic or someshit.
>>
File: mustang confused.jpg (195KB, 800x611px) Image search: [Google]
mustang confused.jpg
195KB, 800x611px
>>16233784
Contrary to what fwd aficionados want to claim

powering over to correct oversteer is extremely unstable and not controllable- especially on the street
no where near the same controlability as rwd/awd

9 times out of 10 when you catch ***SEVERE*** oversteer in a fwd car your steering wheel will be at full lock, the car will swing back, and you wont be fast enough to recenter the wheel and go off the opposite side of the road or if you're lucky manage to slide to a stop with locked wheels
it's awful

source: Civic, Integra, and Corolla owner
>>
>>16234303
So it narrows down to dont touch either the accelerator or the brakes? Thats what ive been doing, just pointing the wheels in the direction i want to go.
>>
>>16234450
>dont touch either the accelerator or the brakes? Thats what ive been doing

Always, ALWAYS, PUT YOUR HIGHEST GRIP/TREAD TIRES IN THE REAR. What you're experiencing and correcting is most likely loss of grip in the rear due to tire wear. Extremely dangerous on FWD, especially if you have a solid rear axle with no camber gain.
>>
>>16234487
Front tyre wear is worse in fwd dumbass.
The car wont brake and will understeer
>>
>>16235077
Yeah, so then when you get a new pair put on where does the new pair go? I'm guessing you put them on the front like a dummy.
>>
Oversteer on a FWD car is never ''safe''.

Once you start rotating it's more difficult to regain control, especially in FWD.
>>
>>16233784

>Be me
>Be driving a slow 4 banger e30 in highschool
>Floor it turning out of a stop daily all day for a couple years
>e30s out of commission for a couple days, take dads 95 celica to school one morning
>Floor it as usual taking a right outta mah hood
>almost end up in a fucking ditch

Wondered wtf happened, then it clicked.. front wheel drive is shit

But on the real I knew I guy with a 91 accord that would go full blown kim block with the ebrake and oversteer. I never fucking understood how he did it. Best "drifter" (if you wanna call it that) in town. Put 240 fags to shame. The dude was a fuckin badass so maybe it just depends on how well ya know your car and how it reacts.
>>
>>16235411
You sound retarded
>>
>>16235125
Just make a 100th thread if you want to argue this crap again.
>>
>>16235434
You sound like you drive a fwd car
>>
File: FB_IMG_1479925314264.jpg (53KB, 576x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1479925314264.jpg
53KB, 576x960px
>>16235411
>drive car you've never pushed hard before
>get surprised when it reacts differently to a car you push hard every day
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.