[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Caterham jew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: caterham-seven-270-12b.jpg (58KB, 1040x693px) Image search: [Google]
caterham-seven-270-12b.jpg
58KB, 1040x693px
Why are these so expensive? Its a bare bones car.
>>
used ones are cheap
>>
economies of scale. Shits expencive unless you have the demand to go into mass production.
>>
There is nothing about that fucking car that would be cheap to make. Ask for that promotion if you really want one
>>
It's not expensive, you're just poor
>>
>>16227119
The volume sold is too low
>>
Because racecar!
>>
>>16227119
build one, its justs tubes and an a drivetrain
maybe some alittle sheet metal if you want to be fancy
>>
>>16227142
>steel tube chassis
>body work is all flat panels and simple curves
>fenders are harbor freight trailer tier
>even the windshield is flat
>most other components are borrowed universal fit stuff

it's the epitome of a cheap kit car
>>
>>16227521

Selling things in small quantities isn't fucking cheap.

They've got a factory, employees and a dealership network to support on <10k cars a year. They probably have to suck Ford-Cosworth's cock to get the engines in the small quantities they require when Ford could just allocate the stock to their own factory for half the effort.Then they have to develop the thing. How do you even develop the most basic car on sale? The only thing they've done is the last 15 years is add a supercharger to the ultra-low volume 620 which, guess what, they would have had to develop, test and market on thousands, not millions, of investment.
>>
>>16227531
>"nothing about the car is cheap"
now it's
>factory and sales infrastructure is expensive
>>
>>16227119

handmade low volume sportscars arent cheap
>>
File: IMG_0440.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0440.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>16227273
>build one
This. I started to build a "Locost", wish I hadn't sold it (if a woman ever makes you choose "her or the car", pick the fucking car /o/, don't repeat my mistake).

Not only do you get a Lotus 7-ish thing, but you can customize it. I made mine slightly wider in the front end, had my choice of donors, it would have been awesome.
>>
Just get a Formula 1000 or a Formula Mazda
>>
>>16228434
I want to do that. I feel it'd be completely awesome to be able to drive something I've built with my own two hands.
>>
>>16228434
why the fuck would you give into some whore's ultimatum?

and let me guess, she left you since then?
>>
>>16227548

>it's a surprise to you that factory and sales infrastructure is expensive

Imbecile.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.