[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cayman 987

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: cayman 987.jpg (89KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
cayman 987.jpg
89KB, 800x450px
Anyone had experience with Caymans?

Is the S version worth extra 30% of the price?

What mileage should I look at to not get a money pit?
>>
File: 987_Porsche_Cayman_S.jpg (104KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
987_Porsche_Cayman_S.jpg
104KB, 960x720px
bump
>>
Bumping. Interested in these as well
>>
Bumping since mechanically these are very similar to the 986, I have the same questions regarding those. Except S versions cost 50% more instead of 30%.
>>
>>16225521
A Cayman is basically a non-ragtop Boxster.

Get the S...it's good for a gob more HP from a bigger engine, and will hold it's value much better.
>>
last bump
>>
I have one.
>>
>>16228029

So basically I researched these cars for a year. I went for a 987 2.9 (non s) facelift, manual and black on black with perfect service history. Ims stuff freaed me out, so I went facelift which is generally 10k more. The thing is a real racecar, every street is now full of people driving too slow, especially around corners.

I sometimes wish I had the S power, but it's a manual, so I just downshift.

What do you want to know?
>>
File: IMG_6865.jpg (980KB, 2764x2100px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6865.jpg
980KB, 2764x2100px
This is it. Facelift has a way nicer ass
>>
>>16228046
>The thing is a real racecar, every street is now full of people driving too slow, especially around corners
I feel like this in any car I drive.

>What do you want to know?
Mostly how is it as a DD and if non-S version is really cuts off all the feels. But you have 987.2 version and I definitely won't afford that one, so not sure what you can say about the maintenance and stuff like that.
>>
>>16228532

Don't get a pre-facelift. You will end up with a 22k car with a motor that explodes and costs 20k to replace. There is nothing more expensive than a cheap porsche. Hell my 30k porsche is expensive. Tires 1k, wintertires 3k, service 2k, sport exhaust 3k, get to use the phone buttons by installing a pcm from 2010, 4k. They are just expensive. For 20k, you can drive a top miata or abarth 500, or...every car /k/ drives
>>
>>16228576
I see.
Well, my three top options for this money were MB C207 E550, Cadillac CTS Coupe and Cayman 987, but looks like I don't really need a Porsche now.
I was mostly interesting in it just because of the badge desu.
>>
>>16228576
>You will end up with a 22k car with a motor that explodes and costs 20k to replace
Get the IMS replaced along with the clutch and this shouldn't be a problem. Sure, the IMS is an issue and it's a big deal if it fails, but it tends to get blown way out of proportion.
>>
>>16228610
I mean the IMS bearing* of course.
>>
>>16228610

Yes but still - everything about them has a 0 too much because these days porsche likes to make cars for newly rich/old rich idiots who know nothing about cars. How else did 911s get to 100k levels.
>>
>>16228635
True, parts and especially labor are expensive just because Porsche.
Getting the IMS bearing done along with the clutch shouldn't be that much extra though, it's a relatively cheap part after all (by Porsche standards).
I'm just saying you shouldn't be too quick to dismiss the earlier models.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.