[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw too stupid to do maintenance and mechanical work on car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: nnnn.png (67KB, 658x588px) Image search: [Google]
nnnn.png
67KB, 658x588px
>tfw too stupid to do maintenance and mechanical work on car
>tfw no one to teach you how
>>
Watch YouTube.
>>
>>16223480
a retard can work correctly on a car with correct instruction it's not hard by any means (you do needs some muscle from times to times ) but that's it
>>
>buy or torrent FSM or Chilton's/Hayne's manual
>follow instructions
Wow that was hard
>>
Youtube, Haynes guide, get enlisted and go to the motor pool, take a course at a community college or vocational school or something.
>>
File: 257952-golgo13_large.jpg (28KB, 300x527px) Image search: [Google]
257952-golgo13_large.jpg
28KB, 300x527px
>>16223489
Pretty much this

Read read read. Knowledge doesn't come to you magically, stop being a pathetic piece of shit OP and go study or get off this board.
>>
Dumb question, but why not go to a community college for auto repair?
>>
>>16223505
Because he'd have to leave his parents house and go out into the world.
>>
My dad thinks an oil change is like neural surgery and yet I do a bunch of wrenching myself on shit that doesn't involve re-programming sensors and computer systems.

Youtube and google, unless you own some kind of super rare car I guarantee that there are piles of resources and shit everyone that will tell you how to fix shit that comes up with your car.

Hell when it comes to things like oil changes, brakes, whatever, it's generic enough that knowing how to do it for a Civic means you know how to do it for at least 50-65% of all cars. Once you know the fundamentals you can basically start to diagnose simple shit as well.
>>
>>16223505

>falling for the community college scam
>>
>>16223505

Well, that costs money and requires a time commitment. If you've got the money and, more importantly, the time then I think it's a worthwhile endeavor even if you never work in an autoshop in your life - you can at least do your own work. You can also avoid getting totally scammed/robbed by sleazy dealerships and repair shops since you at least understand the basics of most cars.
>>
File: 1468341515638.jpg (7KB, 131x107px) Image search: [Google]
1468341515638.jpg
7KB, 131x107px
>posting on a chinese image board made by neogaf, reddit and d2jsp
>>
File: 1447089752885.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1447089752885.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>16223489
>>16223492

/This.

Also buy a old Volvo, then you´ll be forced to learn 2 wrench.
>>
>>16223523
I think you're lost. Take the frogposter with you.

>>>/v/
>>
>>16223480
Maybe you're better off?

My dad was a very skilled automotive mechanic, he died at 61 from stage 4 C.L.L....

Lesson I suppose is don't keep working if you get a small cut on your hand.
>>
>>16223562
Wear gloves you git
>>
Future aircraft mechanic here and can confirm any idiot can be a mechanic.
>>
>>16223569
He did for some things, but not always.
>>
>tfw can change muh oil and maybe would feel comfortable putting on a short ram or cold air intake but that's it
>>
>>16223499

I can't read books anymore

years of browsing 4chan has wired my brain to only be able to focus on one liners and a couple of sentences.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.