[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christmas gifts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: engine-coffee-table.jpg (16KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
engine-coffee-table.jpg
16KB, 480x480px
Thanksgiving is over that means it's time to start Christmas shopping. Post gifts you want or any strange /o/ related things you found in catalogs or the internet
>>
File: 1479187002180.jpg (1010KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1479187002180.jpg
1010KB, 1944x2592px
I would gladly take anything from this list.
>>
>>16223324
You don't want an e303, letter cams are ancient tech, and that will be horrible in your truck. If you must get an old school letter cam at least get a b, but there are so many better modern OTS cams out there.

For valve springs these seem to be the best deal out there. I've used the trickflow kit twice now, but will probably buy these next time I need to do a set
http://www.alexsparts.com/categories/VALVE-SPRING-KITS/

>tfw buying this for myself for christmas

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mishimoto-Ford-6-0L-Powerstroke-Aluminum-Radiator-2003-2007-/221810977653
>>
>>16223357
Id love one of those comp cams max energy ones or a lunati voodoo but the e cam has decent idle qualities and will be a nice mild upgrade for a street motor.

Also being dirt cheap is pretty nice. With that combo I should be looking at around 320 to 340hp at the motor.

I'm going to mark those springs though, they look like what I need.

I know this might sounds retarded, but this will be my first engine in building. I have to take the heads off right?
>>
>>16223391
You should be taking them off to get them ported anyway.
>>
>>16223402
Yeah I found a speed shop here in Denver that specializes in fords, they have had quite a decent amount of experience building up motors, usually Fe motors but they have done quite a few gt40 heads
>>
File: oqzDf6z.jpg (4MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
oqzDf6z.jpg
4MB, 4608x3456px
>>16223402
Porting P heads can be tricky, and it's almost not worth it if your paying someone to do it.

You can do the valve springs with the heads on if you want, then you wouldn't have to buy new bolts or head gaskets.

However pulling them off, cleaning them out, lapping the valves, and making sure their straight isn't a bad idea for a homejob refresh

Last junkyard exploder engine I bought must have been overheated really bad, heads needed to be decked quite a bit to get them straight.

I still think you should go with a better cam, in a heavy truck it's gonna have no balls down low.

Also, shop around in the corral classifieds, tons of great deals to be had, if you can stretch your budget you could easily pick up some used namebrand aftermarket heads for cheap.
>>
>>16223471
Oh right they have Ps don't they, nevermind on the porting bit.
>>
>>16223471
Yeah I hear that. I'm just trying to keep this as low budget as possible. I put everything in that list as a "nothing is working and i have to buy everything."

Ideally, id like to spend as little money as possible
>>
File: 1237143791360.jpg (12KB, 269x269px) Image search: [Google]
1237143791360.jpg
12KB, 269x269px
>tfw put an LSD on my christmas list and my dad was actually receptive to the idea and started asking me for specific information about models and brands
yes my family does lists because we all live in different states and don't know each other well enough to just guess at gifts anymore
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.