[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BAD CAR FEELS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 46

File: sadguy.jpg (26KB, 300x399px) Image search: [Google]
sadguy.jpg
26KB, 300x399px
>your insurance costs more every month than your car payment
>>
>my insurance costs more than my rent
>my insurance costs more than any other expense I have
>>
File: 1458993100586.jpg (280KB, 1000x838px) Image search: [Google]
1458993100586.jpg
280KB, 1000x838px
>browsing for new used car
>have several options
>Lexus rarely even appears in the ads and has higher insurance rates and fuel costs than a fucking Mercedes of similar age, power and trim
>Volvo is more common and affordable but usually high mileage and won't let me live out my suppressed Japan affection
>>
>want a new car
>with my wage getting the one I want takes like a year
>current car is on last legs and breaking down
>a lot of money goes into fixing my current car
>tfw I love it but it's not sporty enough and fix her because she deserves it after a decade of service
>>
>>16222516
>You paid for a car with the money that you never had
>You don't see the problem
>>
>car starting to get lots of scratches
>>
So, did you finance that STi over 72 months?
>>
>>16222586
Holy fuck my issuance for 2 cars is a tenth of my rent. How many sidewalks have you driven down?
>>
The insurance on my project car is $20/mo
The insurance on my daily shitbox is 120/mo full coverage (one accident) vs 160/mo payment
>>
>>16222980
why do you faggots have monthly insurance payments ? In poland we have one insurance payment PER YEAR. And for example my mom pays for her dacia something like 50 $ / year, thats dirt cheap
>>
>>16223010
Because it probably doesn't cover shit. I only have liability on the Jeep and the car is only high because I smashed an SL1, but it covers any property or vehicle damage to $30,000 and medical coverage of some sort as well. I also have some tack-ons like roadside and rental reimbursement, but the rental coverage is going away once the project is roadworthy again. Your country also probably has a super low rate of accidents due to rural environments or lower traffic rates.
>>
>>16222980
I pay roughly $250 quarterly which averages out to $65 a month for my cheapo Volvo shitwagon
>>
>having a car payment
>spending money you don't have
>>
File: sadpeepee.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
sadpeepee.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>16222658
financed a wrx over 72 months
>>
>>16222516
>your insurance costs more every month than your car payment

You may have cost savings by moving to a new location. Insurance rates are not completely by zip code as they subdivide zip code areas into zones. If your agent is helpful, he will work it out with you in his office. Those telephone-only agents are not so helpful and simply hide behind "we only use zip codes" when that is not the actual case.

>>16223010
>why do you faggots have monthly insurance payments
Because insurance companies do that to allow for faster rate changes. The USA insurance companies collect data all the time from car fax, government, banks, and even adjust your rates based on your credit rating score.
>>
>>16223010
>why do you faggots have monthly insurance payments?
Americans just love paying in instalments because they're kept so poor by instalment payments that they can't pay upfront for things.
I call it the finance cycle.

Personally, I pay for insurance yearly. No interest, no 'insurance premium tax', no rate changes, fully comprehensive by default.
>>
>20 years old
>Pristine driving record, literally no tickets at all
>Insurance is literally my biggest expense, often can be my entire paycheck

>Car leaking oil
>Can't find where the fuck it's coming from
>Oil spots everywhere

>Do unique transmission swap that not many people have done
>Encounter issue that people have solved really easily
>None of those fixes worked
>Glaring issue with my car now that makes it horrible to drive on highways
>>
File: Thisistheend.jpg (544KB, 2576x1820px) Image search: [Google]
Thisistheend.jpg
544KB, 2576x1820px
>>16223555
>>
>>16223361
>Because insurance companies do that to allow for faster rate changes.
The insurance companies I've used to 6 month or 12 month policies and the rate is locked in for that period. Monthly payments are just so you don't have to drop ~$600 in one go if you don't want to.
>>
>financing a car
shiggy
>>
>>16223057
>have good credit
>graduate uni debt free
>get job in different state
>only have a few grand in cash to work with for new car (old shit chevy with 194k miles won't cut it) and finding new apt (security deposit + first/last months rent)
>job pays well so can afford any reasonably priced car
why would I buy a 3k civic when I can get something nice and new with a warranty that will last me 10-15 years?
>>
>>16223361
insurance in the US is kinda of joke the minimal amount they cover is ridiculous
if for exemple you get T bone by a guy that has the minimal insurance
they will pay you 25 000 max and then you have to sue for more
that's fucking ridiculous especially with the cost of hospital treatment in the US
>>
2500 a year for 6 vehicles insured. Full comp on three of them.

The most expensive is my shit daily driver beater because it is a boy racer car.
>>
File: 09314375.png (312KB, 389x386px) Image search: [Google]
09314375.png
312KB, 389x386px
>Your car is slowly dying
>Fixing it would cost more than the car
>No money
>>
File: 08367521.png (21KB, 176x232px) Image search: [Google]
08367521.png
21KB, 176x232px
>The paints already faded
>Can't take pride in how your car looks
>>
>>16223555
What's the swap and what's the problem m8
>>
File: smug_anime_girl.jpg (147KB, 682x662px) Image search: [Google]
smug_anime_girl.jpg
147KB, 682x662px
>>16222516
>dont have a car payment
>buddy owns a genesis coupe
>5 months of his car payment is equal to what i paid for my car
>he can only beat me by half a car length
>mfw
>>
>slid on snow on shit tires a year ago and swiped a telephone pole
>window didnt break, no goofy misalignment strafe, runs ok
>take girl on date and have to open door for her from inside cuz no door handle
>no second date
>no mirror on passenger side so merging right is always a pain
>rocker bent so a new door would make a gap at the bottom

i feel so uncool
>>
File: 1461012768218.png (87KB, 285x285px) Image search: [Google]
1461012768218.png
87KB, 285x285px
>your car costs more every month than your rent
>>
>want to buy and daily a classic
>everyone says buy a 3k civic or 40k crossover that you can't afford
>hard to find some place that will finance without raping me.

I just want to drive an old car and be happy...
>>
>>16226018
OR...
>try to find out information on older cars
>all boomers can say "it's all about the feeling and muh v8!"
Nigga! I need to know gas milage!
>>
File: 1476876175182.jpg (411KB, 975x1098px) Image search: [Google]
1476876175182.jpg
411KB, 975x1098px
>don't get any tickets/car accidents etc.
>insurance still increases about once a year

>$140/month for liability only
>>
>>16226032
lol holy shit buy an econobox then. you obviously don't want a classic car.
>>
File: 1309982588.jpg (6KB, 195x179px) Image search: [Google]
1309982588.jpg
6KB, 195x179px
>get insurance under my mommy's name
>cheap as fuck
>>
>>16226051

Do I get a v8 if it's only 1 or 2mpg worse than anot I6? Boomers are the most inconsistent people on the fucking earth
>>
Liability on '99 Maxima
$80-month
Full coverage ($500 deductible) on '89 Cavalier
$50-month
>>
>>16226065
Every old big block V8: 8mpg
Every old small block V8: 12mpg
Every old I6: 18mpg
>>
>>16226065
I don't quite understand what you're trying to say, but if your biggest concern when buying a classic is gas mileage, then you're looking at the wrong cars.
>>
File: 1414055586502 - Copy.jpg (440KB, 750x380px) Image search: [Google]
1414055586502 - Copy.jpg
440KB, 750x380px
'89 Accord

Fucking $370 a month
>>
>>16226182
How stupid are you?
>>
>>16226245
I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid.
City life sucks.
>>
File: 1458083745531.jpg (46KB, 604x603px) Image search: [Google]
1458083745531.jpg
46KB, 604x603px
>insurance costs more than you paid for the car
>>
>>16226182
stop running people over mang
>>
>>16226339
It feels good tho
>>
>>16226082
I'm just wanting to upgrade from 13mpg man
>>
>>16222516
My car payment is $650.

My insurance is $75.

It's okay I guess.
>>
>>16222516
>become best bros with a guy who details his car to an extent that only an OCD autist could comprehend.
>find myself slowly turning into an OCD autist.
>buy a nice car because I graduated college and got a good job.
>start paint correction, discover that paint is super soft and literally impossible to polish 100% without leaving microscopic swirl marks that literally no one else would ever notice
>contemplate suicide daily
>>
>been saving money for a few years
>always wanted a Shelby gt500
>finally have the cash plus trading in my 05 Celica
>the night before I was going to buy the car some faggot hits my car
When the cop showed up he said really wanted me to go to the hospital because it looked like I had a concussion. The reality was I was so fucking pissed I couldn't even form a coherent sentence. I guess in hindsight that faggot hitting me worked out. He did so much damage to my car is was almost totaled by his insurance, $5900 in damages. My Celica's exterior is basically brand new now. They had to replace every panel on the car minus the bumper. As of now I got 30k sitting in the bank or whenever I decide to get a new car. Shame they stopped making the gt500
>>
File: 1289649481782.jpg (27KB, 356x475px) Image search: [Google]
1289649481782.jpg
27KB, 356x475px
>My car payment is zero because I'm not a broke piece of shit
>>
>>16226374
MFW I bought a loaded version of the same car I already had (same year) and insurance went down by 15%
I don't fucking understand, how does this shit works.
>2dr to 4dr
>i4 to V6
>5spd to Slush
>2wd to 4x4
>SR5 to TRD Off Road
The exact opposite should have happened.
>>
File: dude_what.png (27KB, 439x371px) Image search: [Google]
dude_what.png
27KB, 439x371px
>>16226552
Best face I could find.
>>
>>16223413
i cant hear you over my standard of living on credit

sorry, i enjoy what you dont
>>
>live on campus
>Need to do brake work, change oil, a few other things
>I have no garage, tools, and I can't use the parking lot

I'm moving back home after this semester, fuck the city I'll commute from my parents farm
>>
>insurance costs $220/mo
>shitbox from 1995
HELP
>>
>Buy first car, for job after motorcycle accident
>Now have to sit in a hour traffic each way.

What do you guys do in traffic? Im just staring at the car in front think about all the choice i made that got me to this position
>>
File: 1407515775824.jpg (31KB, 500x428px) Image search: [Google]
1407515775824.jpg
31KB, 500x428px
>Car has small issues that are rapidly piling up
>Can't afford all the parts
>Can't afford professional work
>Car has a catastrophic cooling system failure
>Sits in back lot for months as i scrounge up the cash for the repair
>Parts lost in transit

Haven't had a proper vehicle since august and it's slowly killing me.
>>
>they didn't buy their cars outright in cash

noobs
>>
>>16223759
dont argue with them, any faggot that just parrots on this board "hurr financing a car" is a salty ass 1k dollar running cl special driver
>>
>>16226050
>be good driver
>never get any tickets or accidents
>monthly premium drops because of this
>it also rises because jews, inflation, etc
>insurance never gets cheaper or more expensive
>>
>>16226690
You think you have it bad?

>ride motorcycle
>can't even pass between stopped cars because ITS NOT FAIR, WE MEAN, SAFE, YEAH, SAFE, SOMEONE COULD DOOR YOU BECAUSE IT'S NOOOOT FAAAAIR STOP PASSING TRAFFIC ;_;
>>
>>16226787
just do it anyway
>>
>>16226793
Yeah, they can take your license for it.

Because it's not fair.
>>
>>16226787
Use to lanesplit all the time, im guessing its not legal where you are
>>
To all of you guys with stupidly high insurance rates, what the fuck did you do wrong? Is your provider jewing you?
>>
>>16226799
Can't split. Can't filter. Cops have an unusually prejudiced attitude against it after one too many (read: one) kid with a long ass fedora rant in store

>"oh so you think it's not fair fuck off cager you conservative cucks can't even use your brains for a second and hate everything different rah rah rah"

I did it once. Filtered to the front of a light on a main road with two lanes going each way. They gave me a warning, and said "now wait until that whole lane has passed and take your place" while recounting a story about a "shithead liberal" who "hated rules and had no respect". The guy paraphrased in the greentext, obviously.

And you know, the paraphrased greentext guy's third-hand words are spot on. I looked that officer in the eyes while he was talking about how following the law is just so important and he looked like he was talking about fucking jesus. Not a thought in his head except for a grand feeling of importance, glory, and justice.
>>
>>16222516
I have a perfect driving record, but because I'm a guy and because I live in Canada, my insurance cost about $3200 a year because I drive a nice car. Insurance companies in this country are CUNTS!!! I can't wait to fucking leave this cucked country.
>>
>>16226814
why do people argue with cops

if it's not a small town, the cops don't care, they enforce the law as the law is. if you want to change the law and don't have a lot of people behind you blow a trump-sized fortune on lawyers.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 308x308px
>>16222596
Mfw when found a mint '98 LS400 four under $4500 with under 120k miles and in less than a week of looking.
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 736x748px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 736x748px
>alimony costs more than my car payment
>>
>>16226568
I can't hear you over that mountain of debt you're under.
What's that? Your economy tanked, you lost your job, and all your shit got repoed?
>>
>>16223010
You can pay semi annually on my insurance plan. As each insurance block is for 6 months. However they break it up into monthly payments so it matches your other monthly bills. It's just a service for the customer.
>>
>>16226690
I watch TV on my phone
>>
>>16226372
Depending on the engine you can do a lot to improve your mileage by upgrading or changing your transmission/gearing and rejeting and tuning your carburetor. Also you can get a throttle body fuel injection kit. That will help power and mpg. Of course all this costs money.
>>
>>16226552
2 door to 4 door means alot. Also they might have reqouted you and it went down due to your record.
>>
>>16226678
You can't commute home and change that shit at your parents house. When I was swapping out the engine in my nice car I drove home 2 hours every weekend for 2 months to get the job done.
>>
>>16226685
>Complains about money
>Bought 4chan pass
>>
>>16226807
I pay $240 a month. I'm 25, male, drive a RWD manual sports coupe. I have two accidents on my record, one was ruled no fault by the officer on scene but somehow was decided by insurance that it was mine, the other wasn't my fault because rear ended. I have the bare basics required by my dealership, any extra insurance would raise my monthly payment by over $100.

So it's both. Accidents or bad marks on driving record, provider 100% jewing the shit out of people.
>>
>>16223555
>>Do unique transmission swap that not many people have done

Where do you faggots get the retarded custom of never identifying your problem vehicles? This gotta be some teencunt shit because only teens and other mindless creatures would embrace such a meme and Americucks are teens until forty.

POST YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, MODS, SPECIFIC ISSUE YOU STUPID SHIT!

Go buy some UV oil dye and a cheap penlight, though the larger HVAC lights are nicer to use. Drive car, shine light underneath at night.

You can get dyes for all automotive fluids.

Example:
https://www.amazon.com/Tracer-Products-TP34000601-Fluorescent-Detection/dp/B000JFHNTM

UV lights are cheap so find one you like.

You are on the road to wisdom. Good you for having the balls to work on your own ride, now don't get too frustrated and do figure out your problem.

One day you will help others. Wrenching is life.
>>
>>16226018
>>hard to find some place that will finance without raping me.

Wrong strategy. Never, never daily a toy. Never finance a toy. Vehicles are only part of a life strategy. This may be hard to understand, but think it through. Hobbies should not bleed money, and daily drivers should not be thirsty because that sucks money from everything else you use money for.

If mileage matters, that means you can't afford it. If you have to finance, you can't afford it. Classics look nice. That is pretty much all. I grew up working on most of what you likely consider classics when they were relatively new. They ain't that great. Choose carefully and if you can't buy for cash, ignore until you can.

If you want to play with old cars/trucks/bikes, here's how:

Become a good DIY mechanic. This changes your life in wonderful ways and saves you insane amounts of money over time. It complements many jobs. It makes you versatile. You will feel the powah.

A pickup truck is extremely useful. Large, small, whatever, IDGAF, but trucks > cars for getting shit done. Small utterly reliable truck with plentiful parts is best for daily. Cheap, plentiful parts and aftermarket support are vital for any daily.

Acquire tools and knowledge. Become a mobility fanatic so you can move the tools when you move. Learn about job boxes and other tradie work solutions. Become a fucking human encyclopedia regarding vehicles, theory of operation, wiring, troubleshooting, etc.

You'll play with various vehicles along the way. You will make mistakes. You will break things. All this is totally worth knowledge and power gained.

Do this right and you'll end up awash in toys. Take a community college auto shop course if possible. Totally fucking worth it.

Have fun. Also, cars are boring. Baiku = better and you can fit more in your garage.
>>
>>16226807
My redneckbro schooled me on insurance. You can shop for lowest rates easily in Burgerland and switch companies constantly. He'd do insurance jobs on his and other vehicles which were bought cheap, turn a nice profit, then switch companies.

Also learned how to total any unibody car. Hit it hard in a rear quarter enough to buckle structure. For trucks, hit them enough to bend the frame at a crush zone and/or buckle the cab floor.

Most fun was ramming the fuck out of a Caddy with his wrecker. Most push bumpers are for pushing, but he built that one for war. He sat in the Caddy and held the brakes, I drilled it, then drove away while he reported a "hit and run".

BTW this shit doesn't move your insurance rates. Legit wrecks are enormously more common and the insurance co's wallow in money. Now go hunt a deal.
>>
>Be 20
>No one is willing to insure a car above 90hp for someone under 25

I feel like a kid
>>
File: images-2.jpg (7KB, 170x296px) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
7KB, 170x296px
>tfw you fix one thing and another breaks the same day
also
>tfw your monthly parking permit costs more than my car payment
>>
>>16222516
>>your insurance costs more every month than your car payment
stop being 17, stop driving shitty.
>>
>tfw parking costs you more than insurance, tax, fuel and maintenance put together

also just an observation for all those who say insurance is ridiculous in yurop, it looks just as bad in north america.
>>
>>16222611
>>with my wage getting the one I want takes like a year
welcome to adulthood, time to settle for what fits in your budget and comes closes to meeting your needs. This is not going to be the last time that happens.
>>
>>16222516
Been there.

Paid $250/mo for insurance on a Mustang GT that cost me $245/mo to own. That was when I was 18

Now I have a '14 GT500 and pay $70/mo for full coverage (limited mileage). The payment is only $500/mo but I put $1400/mo towards it to kill the loan by next Spring.
>>
File: latest.jpg (44KB, 640x400px)
latest.jpg
44KB, 640x400px
>wake up hungover
>start your open downpipe saab, the cold idle nearly makes you want to blow your brains out
>short shift at 2k, the vibrations are coming through the floorboard
>your head feels like its going to explode
>>
>>16226552
Automatic + 4dr is your answer. Doesn't matter if the 2dr was way slower, in my experience.
>>
>>16226492
Used GT500?
>>
>ride shitbike motorcycle
>insurance is $200
>a year

>can go 200 miles on $6 worth of gas

god it feels good not to be stuck in a cage
I also get 2x+1 the amount of pussy cagers get
>>
>>16227707
>have considered getting a bike several times for commuting
>have seen 3 separate accidents where motorcycles get mowed down right in front of me

how do i get over this fear senpai?
>>
File: 1479359742915.png (366KB, 600x726px) Image search: [Google]
1479359742915.png
366KB, 600x726px
>Radio Stuck in the dash
>30 year old Speakers sound like crap
>Cruise control suddenly stopped working
>Door stripping rotten
>Paint terrible
>AC makes horrible sounds and only kind of works
>Fog lights don't work
>Engine makes grinding sound when it revs up
>No money or time or space to work on any of this
>>
>>16227726
Practice defensive driving. Don't put yourself between cars
>>
>>16226182

Someone lives in the ghetto and has DUIs
>>
>>16227250

Mother fuck I know those feels.

She left all my assets alone but wanted her fucking G wagon paid for.
>>
>>16227777
Lucky 7's should help your situation out anon.

Godspeed.
>>
File: 1479694084178.png (576KB, 1020x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1479694084178.png
576KB, 1020x1022px
>>16227799

Thank you, and checked.
>>
>>16227726
You have to keep in mind, it's not that much more common to get into an accident on a motorcycle than in a car.

The only real difference is that if you ARE in an accident on a bike, you're more likely to get seriously injured.

That being said, you need to armor yourself to the teeth, physically and psychologically. You can't skimp on gear, and you need to learn how to identify "problem situations" for a motorcycle.

the single most common crash type between a motorcycle and a car is a person turning in front of you.

The limeys call this a "SMIDSY, or a "Sorry mate, didn't see ya" because that's what they all say when they wind up having a motorcycle crash into them. This is also where the phrase/slogan "Look twice for motorcycles" comes from.

And one thing you should know is that almost all motorcycle crashes are non-fatal crashes involving only the motorcycle, because the rider didn't think they could lean enough in a turn. Hint - they could have.
Like I said, these crashes are almost always non-fatal.
>>
>>16227726
>>16227874
also take a fucking MSF/your country's version course before even thinking of driving on a road.
seriously, this'll help more than anything besides real road experience.
>>
>>16223057
Do you buy a house with cash as well?

>not financing at low APR to get a car some shitstain hasn't already ruined

Fucking pleb.
>>
>>16226781
Fucking this.
>>
>>16223361
>even adjust your rates based on your credit rating score.

Yes, and this is bullshit.
I was considering switching to another insurance company, and got a quote for 300/6month.
This month I only made minimal payments on my credit cards, which brought my credit score down from 710 to 670 (high utilization). Now the same company gave me a quote for 500/6month.
>>
I just ran over a hidden curb with my back tire. The car's rear tires are now smoking.
>>
>>16227503

shut the fuck up dude insurance is easily over $300/month even as 22 year old with clean driving record of 3 years and university+professional organization discounts
>>
File: ftge.gif (2MB, 320x180px)
ftge.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>driving through city
>see a guy with the same car as me, 80's crown vic
>pull up next to him to give him the "same car" thumbs up
>as I get closer my mistake becomes apparent
>bernie bumper sticker
>"if you ain't first, you're last" sticker on the rear window but the car obviously has no modifications to make it faster
>broken brake light "repaired" with red packing tape even though the car used to be common and we have 3 junkyards within 5 miles that probably have the part
>six different rearview mirror decorations blocking his view out the windshield
>driver has one of those beanies with a brim, numale beard and problem glasses, and a plaid flannel shirt
>and he's vaping
I stared straight ahead and refused to acknowledge his presence. I'm not sure if he noticed me through his thick cloud of blueberry-chocolate-flavored faggotry.
>>
>>16227490
You ARE a kid. Deal with it. Prove you can be trusted with speeding metal.
Driving is a privilege, not a right.

>>16227500
Have you tried not driving a shitbox?
>>
>>16226080
>tfw your car is a 2016 and you get 8mpg
>>
>>16225839
This is me, expect it`s a KLR 650 with 100,000 ks on the clock.
>>
>>16228288
The fuck do you drive, a tractor?
>captcha: road road
>>
>>16228281

Well, you're not wrong
>>
>>16228288

How many cylinders does your car have? 12? 16?
>>
>>16225984
Girls don't care that your car is shit.
>>
>>16228308
The top gear guys would say it has a truck engine.

>>16228339
8 with a supercharger
>>
>>16228448
Gt350?
>>
>>16227944
I don't care about people financing cars, but there is no reason to ever just pay the minimum due on a credit card.
>>
>>16226388
Wax you dumb slut. This is exactly what wax is for. Wax your car once a month, and let your worries drift away
>>
File: ixSdAMb.gif (11KB, 501x504px) Image search: [Google]
ixSdAMb.gif
11KB, 501x504px
>>16222516
>car payment
>insurance your such a good goy op
>>
>>16228474
Hellcat. I gotta have room.
>>
>>16228477
There is. When you need to save as much money on your checking account as possible, and your cards are still on 0% intro APR.
>>
>>16227777
good luck, dont get memed by the divorce court jew again
>>
File: 145468768747.jpg (150KB, 552x830px) Image search: [Google]
145468768747.jpg
150KB, 552x830px
>browse /o/ every day
>can't afford shitting out €2000 for a license, especially since public transport is "sufficient" and everything car related is expensive
>perpetually teased this way, every day
>>
>drove fun cars in high school / early college
>changed to economy hondas / hybrids to save money
>decided I would get myself a BRZ when I graduated and got a job
>got well paying job but no house, so postponing BRZ
>got house but mortgage payments cost a lot and also have a kid so BRZ would not be practical
>wife got into med school, so will be paying tuition for next 4 years
>still driving economy car

guess I will keep waiting... at least when she gets out of school we will have MD salary plus mine and no debt other than mortgage. Should be able to get something nice, I hope.
>>
she was looking for a van for hella long then found a 30y.o Toyota van on cl. the ad was well written from another girl who lives in it and also liked rock climbing. they had just done thousands of dollars of repair work to get it running great, oh man, the stars have aligned. the girl was driving from NM to OR where we were . we ask the girl if she can stop at dad,s house to get the van looked over at his shop.well as she is passing through NV (dad's shop is there) she suddenly decided she doesn't wanna sell it anymore. then she continues on to OR and then calls my girl back to meet her cause now she does want to sell it. red flag, I mention this and she says it's okay, she really wants the van. then we try to arrange her to meet a mechanic we chose and instead drives it to another mechanic right next to the girls workplace.he says it's fine. during the test drive I start noticing problems mentioned in a buyer's guide. and the mechanic is like "oh it's fine, old cars do that" also during test drive my girl is hella stressed out about buying a new car and then I'm trying to find a freeway to drive it on and she's like, "no let's just get this done and over with I'm really stressed out" and of course it makes wierd fucked up noises at freeway speeds. and then the girl selling it was also so anxious and emotionally upset and clearly wanted the van gone and kept talking about how much money she's thrown at itm. even after the purchase I keep pestering her to get a second mechanic to look it over and I guess the thought of it being a lemon stressed her out so she kept saying "no, it's fine, I'll have my dad check it out after I drive it back to Vegas next week" and of course she keeps dragging that out and then the van gets stolen with all her shit in in two weeks later cause she never took it home to get locks on it ffs. she did finally get it back and get it home and of course there are a million things wrong with it
>>
>>16229411
>paying for your wife's tuition
I can smell the future cucking
>>
File: ha ha ha HA.png (93KB, 250x237px) Image search: [Google]
ha ha ha HA.png
93KB, 250x237px
>>16229604
this, 2bh. As soon as she starts earning big buxx she'll ditch him for a twink husbando while he jacks off to midget furry tranny porn
>>
>>16223010
damn that really is cheap, im in Austria and i pay like 300€ a year for my scooter. I looked up the insurance rates for a shitty golf with 60 bhp and its like 1300€ a year.
>>
File: pepelel.png (300KB, 1280x1292px) Image search: [Google]
pepelel.png
300KB, 1280x1292px
>>16223010
but the downside is living in poland
>>
>>16229411
>>wife got into med school, so will be paying tuition for next 4 years
tell her to get a loan, you fucking idiot.
>>
File: Laughing-Then-Crying-Meme-09.jpg (60KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Then-Crying-Meme-09.jpg
60KB, 700x700px
>be me
>be 1 year old
>have accident
> brain damage and have disabled arm
> will never be able to drive manuals
> mfw
>>
>>16226533
>my car payment is zero because I bought a $2000 shitbox on craigslist
>>
>>16229604
>>16229633
>>16229670
Good thing I'm not a poor fag and didn't marry some gutter tramp. If you must know, she already has enough cash herself to pay for school. Our finances are together so when I say pay I mean it is a deduction from our net worth. Even if we didn't have the cash, I could pay for it with my salary.

How does it feel to date broke hoes? Or is that even a stretch?
>>
>>16226690
Dash mount for phone+videos

>did a near 3000 mile trip over the past week
>having a phone mount kept me sane and awake
>>
>>16225899
Yeah but if you're not first you're last...
>>
>>16226492
You should have went to the hospital too. My brother got a huge insurance payout when he went. Covered his medical bills twice so he went out and bought a nice toyota Avalon.
>>
File: holy fuck my sides!!!.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
holy fuck my sides!!!.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>16229834
>this damage control
might as well get used to licking nigger semen off your dearly beloved and sleeping in the shed, friendo.
>>
>>16229834
>backpedaling this hard
better get a DNA exam for your kid, cuck.
>>
>>16229923
No damage control. Just calling our poor fags who are jealous. You called me a cuck for paying for my wife's med school, then I explained she actually has money already.

Enjoy being alone and jerking off while crying about your shitty life.
>>
File: kekekek.jpg (47KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
kekekek.jpg
47KB, 800x820px
>>16229964
>Enjoy being alone and jerking off while crying about your shitty life.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/series/sr_23/sr23_022.pdf

>However, about 40 to 50 percent of married couples in the United States divorce.

>he literally fell for the marriage meme

top fucking kek, flip a coin. Heads and your wife holds her degree over your head and wears the pants in the family while you're relegated to a beta house-husband. Tails and your wife takes your mixed-race kids and half of your trailer while you look for another sugar mama with heavy coffers

fucking kek you're pathetic lmfao. pic related, its you
>>
>>16229963
At least have your insults make sense.
>>
>>16229982
Did not read your link but most studies don't take into account various factors which drastically change the rates. Marriage is ideal for having children so fuck off.

I already make more than most physicians so why would that matter.
Degree is not the most important thing, i did better in undergrad science classes than her. Besides, my goal is to not have a day job but focus on investing.
>>
>>16230016
I didn't ask for your portfolio, cuck
>>
>>16230086
Stop making false assumptions that easily get shot down.
>>
$190-140 a month and I barely drive, haven't hit 5k for an oil change since buying the car in April (3k cash)
price change because statefarm was a scam
>>
>>16227476
That's called insurance fraud, and it's part of the reason insurance is so expensive for some people. Not me though, I'm not an idiot so I'm still on my parent's plan. 70 bucks a month for two cars full coverage.
>>
>>16230151
>stop trolling on an anonymous imageboard!1!!111

hmm
>>
>>16222516
>It's a well organized scam.
Don't mean to point out the obvious
>>
>>16227476
fuckin nigger
>>
>>16226374
That car better suck your dick at that price
>>
>>16222516
>park in parkinglot
>find my drivers side door dented
>next week park in parkinglot this time far away from others
>passanger rear door dented
>2 weeks later rear bumper cracked at parkinglot
>week later front passanger door dented
>parkinglot
>1 week later at red light, autist reverse into me. front bumper is out of line
>few days later, cars sounds funny at parking lot. check to see, my fucking intake air filter box has been stolen
dafuq.
>>
File: kek.png (14KB, 364x322px)
kek.png
14KB, 364x322px
>bought an 8th gen si for 10k cash
>insurance company doesn't differentiate between si and other trims of the civic
>$97/month for full insurance with 2 speeding tickets on my record
>building the motor to push 300+whp in a 2800 lb car
>mfw fwd (You)'s
>>
File: deebly.jpg (69KB, 694x548px) Image search: [Google]
deebly.jpg
69KB, 694x548px
>>16230986
I'm sorry senpai
>>
>>16226874
Not everywhere has super anal cops.
I'll follow road rules to the letter and be fine, but I know as soon as I touch that grey area then it's anyones game, but I've met nothing but calm and fair police on my travels. Shit, I've been let off doing 110km/h in a 70 zone. Accept your fate and pray to the Fines God that he may have mercy on your wallet.

I think mostly it's just people that justify their breaking of the law as "YEAH WELL THAT'S BULLSHIT" even though they already knew it was against that law and tried to get away with it, so dumb games, prizes etc. They may not like how it be, but it do.
>>
File: IMAG1089.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px)
IMAG1089.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>>16228018
>>
>>16228018
you city too?
>>
>>16231084
Why would you buy a honda?
>>
File: IMG_20161023_155627.jpg (428KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161023_155627.jpg
428KB, 1536x2048px
>want to get something to replace my free shitbox before it completely breaks down
>want something fun to drive and manual
>there are no cheap rwd cars for sale on Craigslist
>decide to lower expectations
>nothing fwd that is interesting enough, mostly just civics

I want to be a special snowflake and no5 have a civic like the 10 billion other people with one
>>
>>16229730
>cut arm off
>get bionic arm in a couple decades

There's hope
>>
>>16230986
>driving a civic:the post
>>
File: 86601608.gif (1MB, 480x270px)
86601608.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>Uncommon car from the '90s
>Can't find workshop manuals anywhere
>Only ones you can find are in Russian
>Parts are hard to come by
Not even a desirable car, just don't see many around
>>
>>16230986
Hahaha, do you live in black neighbourhood or something?

Maybe someone just has it out for you.
>>
>>16229730
They let people with brain damage drive?
>>
File: 1478492484906.png (444KB, 444x462px) Image search: [Google]
1478492484906.png
444KB, 444x462px
>4pm in winter land
>going to change oil and help a friend do his.
>expect it to be quick like always
>he doesn't know what a filter is, wants to do his first.
>Pontiac sunfire
>spend 2 hours looking for his filter
>daylight gone, give up
>>
>>16232447
it's my work car a 2006 zx4 fucus.
>>16232510
asian parking lot near my work, usualy stop there for cheap grub. So old chinks.
>>
>>16232763
Man, who would steal a focus's... Anything?
>>
>>16223789
This isn't true at all. :/
Minimum insurance is by state for one. My state minimum is 100,000 of medical bills and 30,000 property damage. Home state is 250,000 medical and 30,000 property damage. Plus, any retard also carries their own insurance for underinsured or uninsured drivers which literally costs me $20/year for two cars to carry for that policy rider for both property damage and medical bills.
>>
>>16227460
Spot on.

Except: Also, cars are boring. Baiku = better and you can fit more in your garage. Respectfully disagree.
>>
>>16230016
Here's the thing. If the post has a frog meme in it, just hide the post and ignore it completely. They aren't worth reading.
>>
>>16232773
>non-serviceable airbox, 100+ for new air filter
>rigged mine to be serviceable
>someone stole my shit.
>>
>>16229730
I had a teacher in highschool with only one arm from birth and he always drove stick
>>
>>16226822
I live in Winnipeg and my insurance is 500 $ a year for complete coverage.
>Public insurance
>mfw people here complain about it all the time and want it to be removed even though its a completely self sufficient being that provides us with the best insurance rates in canada.
>>
>>16227223
>Mint
>120K miles
>??????
>>
>>16222516
>car payment
kek. enjoy being a slave to the jews your whole life
>>
>>16227490
Where the fuck do you people live honestly in my province most used cars never go above 100 bucks a month to insure and as soon as you have a license (16 years old) and the title to a vehicle you can insure it at 100 DOLLARS A MONTH IN YOUR NAME until you get tickets, accidents etc. Its even public insurance for christ sake.
>>
>>16234894

you in Alberta too? ive been with RBC for about 10 years and anything i insure with them is $60 a month only. ever since my early 20s even my 3/4 ton chevy was $60 even

only cars i pay more for are my JDM cars since RBC wont touch them, Intact charges me $135 a month for JDM but i think they actually check that i have a few speeding tickets and 5 demerits lol
>>
>>16234950

nvm you said public insurance so not Alberta then
>>
>>16222516

Well, I drive a shitbox that I paid $2000 cash for 2 years ago so yes as a matter of fact my insurance always costs more than my payment.
>>
>>16225871
Ar5 transmission swap on a Lexus is300. I have a vibration issue at 60+ mph, it vibrates less while on throttle and it vibrates horribly off throttle.

>>16227418
Whoa, calm down. My issue from my transmission is much much bigger than a simple oil leak.
>>
>>16235095
>, it vibrates less while on throttle and it vibrates horribly off throttle.
ayy my car too
Idles are horrible unless in neutral but anything about 1k RPM is fine
>>
>>16226065
Nigger my old C20 go to 14mpg on a shitty tune towing 1500 lbs of garbage up a mountain. That's the same mileage as my Land Rover empty, on a level road
>>
>>16226182
Hondas are notoriously more expensive insurance wise than other cars when I asked my insurance provider.
>>
what's the difference insurance wise between a civic coupe and civic sedan?
>>
>>16234405
>non-serviceable

Holy shit, why
>>
>>16222516
>your insurance over the car's life costs more than what you paid for the car
>>
>importing fee on anything with engine bigger than that of a kei-car costs more than the car itself
>cool keis like Beat and Cappuchino are fucking expensive
>there's nothing cool to buy domestucally, only Volvos and Ladas
>even Miatas are rare, expensive and useless anyway because -30 in winter
>>
>>16223057
>I literally never passed Finance 101
>>
>>16226533
>My car payment is zero because I don't understand opportunity cost
>>
>>16227460
>Hobbies should not bleed money
This is literally the definition of a hobby because...
>If you have to finance, you can't afford it.
Oh, you're just retarded. Carry on.
>>
>>16228308
>Road Road
>He still gets text based captchas
WHAT IS YOUR SECRET?! Fuck these pictures.
>>
>>16229834
>Has never seen Burn After Reading
Fun fact, even the high class girls can be sluts.
>>
>>16235364
Sedans are always cheaper because... boyracing only happens in coupes? I don't know. Jewish tricks.
>>
>>16227223
was it worth it tho.
>>
>>16234883
read it again friend
>>
File: Capture.png (389KB, 596x336px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
389KB, 596x336px
>>16222516
owning a fucking Silvia S13 when im on dominos pizza boy wages.
as soon as rego comes up im legit fucking rip
>>
>>16236455
You can go back to old-style captchas in the settings page.
If you can't figure it out, you don't deserve to.

>>16237601
Have you tried not overbuying, and not ruining a fancy car on pizza delivery?
>>
>>16237688
i use the company car as mine can barely get up any of the driveways. might change insurance policy as I don't drive the car as often.
>>
File: 1452223312087.jpg (107KB, 431x450px)
1452223312087.jpg
107KB, 431x450px
>>16237688
Thanks bro
>Centro Carrer
>>
File: 1436237499465.jpg (42KB, 250x337px) Image search: [Google]
1436237499465.jpg
42KB, 250x337px
>>16237688
>s13
>fancy car
>>
>>16222516
Rear ended someone today
>insurance is going to triple because some young girl in an old V6 accord slammed on her brakes and wouldnt take cash for a new bumper
>>
>>16238855
Sounds like you were following too closely.
>>
>>16238855
>Wouldn't take cash for a new bumper
Neither would I. Doesn't include paint.
>>
File: 1475344141224.jpg (60KB, 600x399px)
1475344141224.jpg
60KB, 600x399px
>>16231180

What the fuck dude 110kmph is like 68mph That's nothing. I've passed cops on 50mph roads, doing 110 only to slow down to 80mph once in front of them and have them do nothing.

I've met cops while doing 90 in a 30 only for nothing to happen.

I generally don't like cops, but the amount of times that I could've gone to jail and didn't because of chill cops is astounding.

Where the fuck do you live?

Texas here
>>
>>16223246
What are you gonna end up paying for it in total? (with interest)
>>
>>16222614
This desu
>>
>>16229834

> Bitches about not being able to afford a Toyabru.
> Claims to have lots of money.

Pick which one is the truth.
>>
>>16232545

You retards didn't think to Google it?
>>
>>16232545
where was he looking for it? did you help him search his anus?
>>
my insurance is over $10 000 a year

i'm a 31 year old female with a clean record
>>
This is a horrible feel.
>>
>>16239393
Same here; you rear-end me and then start panicking and try to offer me money, I'm going to fuck you over as hard as I can.
Up to and including calling the police on your ass if you're uninsured.
>>
File: 191682_P5180280_1.jpg (23KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
191682_P5180280_1.jpg
23KB, 400x300px
>>16232545
Ecotec? Its under the intake manifold sort of.

Sometimes you can get away with a normal 32mm socket, other ecotec's I've worked on you need a specific shallow 32mm socket due to clearance issues with the aforementioned intake manifold

pic related
>>
File: dazzle pensive.png (266KB, 667x429px) Image search: [Google]
dazzle pensive.png
266KB, 667x429px
>>16222516
I know that feel, OP.

I bought used vehicles outright so my insurance will forever be greater than my car payments.
>>
>>16223010
3rd world countries don't count
Thread posts: 212
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.