[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hydrogen cars...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1478852740674.jpg (92KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1478852740674.jpg
92KB, 750x1334px
so here........

what do you know...?

there was a article in the paper today
>>
>>16221703
I was at king's canyon like 2mo ago
>>
>>16221703

wolfgang ziebart thinks hydrogen is for fags
>>
>>16221703
Hydrogen ist hard to store for a long time. If you keep it cool, it will evaporate off over time. If you keep it at high pressure, an equivalent tank will be massive. There is the possibility to store hydrogen in Metals like Magnesium. Problem with that is that you have to heat it up to get the hydrogen out of the metal and you have to cool it when you want to refill. The packaging is extremely dense though because the hydrogen goes in between the magnesium atoms in the structural grid of the substrate.

Other than that you only get 25% efficiency from well to wheel.
>>
>>16221703

To store any real amount that would be useful, you'd have to compress it. Compressed gasses aren't very good when they explode, say in an accident. Bad accident's would be made worse as vehicles explode as the hydrogen tanks explode.

There's a very good reason the only hydrogen powered vehicles are buses and they don't leave the city.
>>
File: hydrogen fuel cell.jpg (20KB, 601x471px) Image search: [Google]
hydrogen fuel cell.jpg
20KB, 601x471px
>>16221703
there are a few ways that i have heard it would work

one way is what everyone else is assuming which is to have a hydrogen tank somewhere in the car and everything else is basically the same as a normal car.

the other way i have heard is to use these hydrogen fuel cell things, which use electrolysis to separate the hydrogen and oxygen into two separate containers then somehow gets energy from them. this one would work basically like a electric car
>>
>>16221703
>hydrogen cars
Either too heavy if range is needed. Too unsafe if there isn't a lot of weight spent in the car's safety infrastructure. While hydrogen is no where as impractical as having a nuclear fission car engine, both nuke and hydrogen have a lot of drawbacks for now.

Hydrogen also means a lot of stations have to add multiple types of fueling options and some stations don't have the security or would be qualified to have hydrogen due to their location. You can't simply drop in a hydrogen fuel station into every existing gas station that has room for it. There are other regulatory, security, and safety requirements.
>>
>>16221703
>hydrogen cars
>what do you know...?

No need to add hydrogen when electric cars are obviously coming. Gas stations need to concentrate on adding electric charging stations PLUS the parking areas necessary to hold all those extra cars.

I suppose all those gas station convenience stores will make a fortune selling refreshments to the drivers as they wait for the car to be charged. It might even change the face of how gas stations operate. They can turn into small shopping plazas as stores cluster around each gas station to take advantage of the captive audience that has to wait 30 to 45 minutes for a charge.
>>
>>16223549
It's a guaranteed customer audience. The stores know for sure the driver will be around for no less than 15 minutes to get a partial charge enough to get home.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.