[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does the thing on the rear window do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: w1xxEPA.jpg (175KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
w1xxEPA.jpg
175KB, 1024x683px
What does the thing on the rear window do?
>>
That's a headache rack.
>>
>>16220942

Wut?
>>
IIRC rear window louvers were developed for something like a Lambo that had an enormous rear window that was nearly horizontal. It was to keep sunlight out so the car stayed cooler inside.

Everyone else unironically followed fashion to be sporty. Big thing in the 1980s, like TURBO badges.
>>
>>16220933

Kek I had those.

Note had.

Fuckers flew off at highway speed.
>>
that suspension rake looks so terrible. some people just have no sense of style
>>
>>16221035
>Jersey plates
What did you expect?
>>
It produces down force at high speeds so improves rear wheel traction and stability
>>
>>16220954
They've been around on coupes since before the 1970s. They're not an 80s thing.
>>
>>16221043
it does none of that but it sure does look stupid :)
>>
>>16221043
Shit sorry I thought you were talking about the rake. If you mean the louvers, then no biggie. Nothing wrong with those.
>>
>>16221050

No, but they got stupid popular in the 80s. I believe they were invented in the late 1960s. By the 80s they were available for nearly everything. It was a huge fad. Then *poof* by the mid 90s they were gone.
>>
>>16220933
I need those louvers fur my 240 fuck they are so hard to find, very rare.
>>
File: IMG_8564.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8564.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>16220933
To my experience, they make it so headlights behind you flash as they go from being blocked by them to revealed, leaving you confused whether they are trying to get your attention or not.
>>
>>16220933
The louvers are to block sunlight from the interior, cooling it.
It doesn't worn nearly as well on a shitbox like that, with the rear window nearly vertical.
They make a big difference on 70s-80s coupes, with nearly horizontal rear windows.
>>
I want to get louvers on my 90s shitbox, can i
>>
>>16223285
bump also interested
>>
>>16221039

Jersey fuckin sucks
>>
They are there to make is so you never want to clean the outside of your back window, ever.
>>
File: louvers 002.jpg (332KB, 2047x1535px)
louvers 002.jpg
332KB, 2047x1535px
A lot of idiots are putting these things on their mustangs for some reason
>>
>>16224197
bringing back the 80s

I feel to go forward many are looking back
>>
>>16224218
but more likely its because car enthusiasts who grew up looking at 80s sports cars are now grown up and want to feel a since of nostalgia about the cars they grew up with
>>
>>16220942
i dont know what that means but i FRICKIN CRACKED UP
>>
File: work_series_headache_rack.jpg (379KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
work_series_headache_rack.jpg
379KB, 1280x960px
>>16224257

Go ahead and google it. It's a term we use in the USA to refer to carb guard racks that prevent shifting loads from intruding into the cab and beheading the occupants in a sudden stop or minor accident.

That's what it looks like.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.