[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /O/ im pretty stumped i cant get my clutch to disengage so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1469485525683.jpg (13KB, 362x204px) Image search: [Google]
1469485525683.jpg
13KB, 362x204px
Hey /O/ im pretty stumped i cant get my clutch to disengage so far i have
replaced the slave and master cylinder
replaced the clutch pressure plate and the clutch arm along with the throw out bearing.

I've been bleeding the lines for about 4 hours now and i still just cant seem to get it to go into gear when the truck is running.
>>
>>16218630
does it go into gear when the truck isn't running?
>>
>>16218642
yes it does just fine just not when it's running
>>
>>16218645
how did the clutch disc look? I notice you didn't mention replacement in the OP
>>
>>16218660
sorry forgot to add that i put a brand new one in im trying another bleed method as of now
>>
OP here this is the method i just tried for about an hour and i still cant seem to get it to disengage. anyone have any ideas?

Fill master cylinder, as needed with new brake fluid conforming to DOT 3 specification.
Raise and support vehicle and remove slave cylinder attaching bolts.
Hold slave cylinder at approximately 45°angle with bleed valve at highest point.
Fully depress clutch pedal, then open bleed valve.
Close bleed valve, then release clutch pedal. Do not release clutch pedal with bleed valve open as air will be drawn into hydraulic system.
Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all air is evacuated from system. Check and refill master cylinder at regular intervals during procedure to prevent air from being drawn into system through master cylinder.
>>
>>16218861
Sounds like you're bleeding it correctly. Hydraulic systems can take a while to fully bleed though.

If you are able to, try using a c clamp to to keep the slave cylinder open while bleeding it (I.e., clamp down the piston that moves the Throw out bearing fork) and use The same method you described in that post.
>>
>>16218900
Roger im on it boss
>>
>>16218630
>the clutch arm along with the throw out bearing
There is a problem with how these were installed.
>>
>>16218914
10-4
>>
>>16218933
Alright just did it about 5 times i'm going to take a video of how much it's pushing and post it. Im really starting to think the fuck heads at autozone sold me the wrong clutch kit.

>>16218925
im pretty sure i did it right what makes you think i did it wrong?
>>
File: 20161125_141607_1.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_141607_1.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
I hope i encoded this right.
>>
>>16219124
Are you sure your clutch doesn't have little adjusters that self selfajust as the clutch wears?
If it does and you had it apart you need to reset those.
>>
>>16219133
I believe the 1986 chevy 3/4 ton trucks did not have the clutch adjustments like the 62-72.

Let me go look around for something.
>>
>>16219025
>what makes you think i did it wrong?
Because it's not working. You sure the arm's not backward?
>>
>>16219222
just checked the arm and the bearing again it seems to be put on right.
I just got back from autozone i picked up another slave cylinder to see if it's not being pushed in enough.
>>
OP here this is the update just got off the phone with autozone and told them i think the clutch they sold me is faulty im now running my truck over to my buddies shop to get the clutch pulled and try another one, looks like autozone will be picking up on the bill for this too, thanks for the help /o/
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.