[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time buying a new car!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: mitsubishi-lancer-sportback-9.jpg (265KB, 1500x1001px) Image search: [Google]
mitsubishi-lancer-sportback-9.jpg
265KB, 1500x1001px
Hey guys, first time poster and long time lurker, i've had minimal experience buying cars. My current ride is a rusty bmw e30 and recently i've decided to retire the car as it's not cost efficient to repair and use as daily driver. My family has been telling me to buy a brand new car and I've finally folded. I've pretty much decided to keep the e30 so I can learn the basics of DIY repair, but that's a totally off topic thing.

I've decided to buy a new car. So far my head is pretty much set on a 2016 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback in the SE trim or A Mazda 3 Sport in either the GS or GT trim.

I've been doing my research here and there about the cars, but would really like some advice on how to make an offer to the dealership so i can haggle the price.

I hear people talk about the dealership invoice price. so how does one find out about that price?

Also, what would you guys pick? Sportback or the Mazda 3. Sorry for the off side question but I'm struggling on deciding here. So far I'm leaning towards the sportback for the AWD. I live in Canada and drive on the freeway a lot, and since winter is coming, I just feel like it's an overall advantage.

Thanks a lot guys.
>>
>>16217663
Fuck the Mitsubishi. Mazda 3 or Toyota Corolla.
>>
>>16217663
New cars are not cost efficient, you'll lose more in depreciation in the first year than repairs on almost any used car! Try a 3 year old used car... the original owner paid the worst of the depreciation, but it still has nearly the reliability of a new car.
>>
>Buying a car newer than 2006
Enjoy getting jewed and having the government know wherever you are at all times
>>
>>16217733
I dont really mind the depreciation. Im looking more towards the warranty that it comes with. Also, cause i'm an idiot, it just seems nice to finally get a new car.

Anyone have any constructive advice for what car to get? Im leaning towards the sport back in SE limited cause of the overally package, awd, and space.

But god damn i test drove the M3 gt and it was much more fun to drive. Just felt a lil impractical space wise compared to the Sportback. I generally haul a lot of stuff around for myself and for my family, so the extra trunk space is quite nice.
>>
File: 2017-Subaru-Impreza-.jpg (429KB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
2017-Subaru-Impreza-.jpg
429KB, 2592x1728px
>>16217794
Impreza is always the answer
>>
Kia optima. Because they give 0% Apr. The car is also great.
>>
>>16217663
I feel like if you're gonna go with a new car I wouldn't go with the lancer. mainly cause they haven't changed anything on it for like 8 or 9 years now. going back to
>>16217733 point, getting a mildly used lancer would be better cause no matter what you're virtually getting the same vehicle.
when i looked at ralliarts it was the same deal. I wanted a newer one but at the end of the day getting an 08 model vs a 13' model there was literally no difference except the color of the tail lights i think, but the 08's were much cheaper cause depreciation
recent civics aren't as bad as people make them out to be. comfortable, efficient, and the steering is pretty good on them. i havent driven a mazda 3 but they are always praised higher than the civic
>>
>>16217839
>Kia
>great
Korean cas are garbage. If you gonna suggest a racetraitor chinkmobile at least say jap.
>>
>>16217749
>having the government know wherever you are at all times

How does year affect this?

If you have a cell phone they already know where you are at all times

Watch state of surveillance dumbass
>>
I recently bought a new Civic EX-T in July. Had to move for a job on short notice and had to ditch my cavalier with 194k miles.

Overall I'm very happy with it, have had no problems that some have had with infotainment system or anything else. Lots of features and stuff packed in for a good price. Love the lanewatch camera tbhfam.

Also considered the Mazda 3, Mazda 6, and Subaru Impreza hatch
>>
>>16217663
buy a civic for 3k. you don't need awd. just get snow tires. save your money for the shit housing market.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.