[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats the difference between different engines? i see people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: ss+(2016-11-24+at+06.18.36).jpg (134KB, 1005x617px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-11-24+at+06.18.36).jpg
134KB, 1005x617px
whats the difference between different engines? i see people on here posting about how old muscle cars are slow but i see people online still putting old 350s into their cars. isnt displacement displacement?
>>
Displacement is displacement but that doesn't have to result in a proper power/torque curve. There are amurican boats with 7 L engines that produce like 200 HP.
>>
>>16212637
The 350 is pretty cheap and simple so that's why people still swap it.
>>
>>16212642
how can you get more horsepower out of a smaller engine? wouldnt it just burn less gas making less powerful explosions?
>>
>>16212673
Hotter cams, more valves to control everything, better airflow (headers and exhaust), advanced timing, more fuel to air ratio

There's a lot more than just that. Turbo and supercharging, and I just know the absolute basics desu. Nigga you need to learn busrider
>>
>>16212696

>more fuel to air ratio

Stop talking about what you clearly know nothing about before calling others busriders.
>>
>>16212673
If you had studied physics than you should know that a hotter flame does not necessarily need more fuel to have more energy. It is true that displacement now does whatever it takes to remain by how long the stroke and wide the bore as well as cylinder count. The only reason why 3 liter V6 engines have 300HP is because they run really hot 200+ Fahrenheit with all the air induction available in an aluminum block.

>>16212696
>more fuel to air ratio

It is ideal that the fuel to air mixture is maintained for the best power curve. Having more fuel added without the airflow to meet it will choke the engine by richness as well have a dirty burn deposit of carbon in cylinders that can cause spark plugs to fail or cylinder flooding.
>>
>>16212740
>cylinder flooding.

If you log a cylinder with gas under any conditions you've fucked up pretty hard somewhere along the way.
>>
>>16212637
>whats the difference between different engines?
are you 10? fucking hell what sort of question is that?
>>
>>16212882
A pretty reasonable one if you're hardly initiated in the technicals of car shit but are still aware of things that car guys do. Frankly something that a lot of /o/ could do with learning too.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.