[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tools

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Mr-1439x1000.Big015.jpg (240KB, 1439x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Mr-1439x1000.Big015.jpg
240KB, 1439x1000px
What kind of tools and toolboxes you guys got? Looking to buy more tools not sure what else to buy. Debate tool preference as well, I buy a metric shit ton of craftsman tools because of their lifetime warranty.
>>
>>16211931
Craftsman has caviats to their "lifetime warranty" and will not replace them if they think they are used in a professional manner. They also suck dick because the tolerance on their sockets and screw drivers are shit.

As much as /o/ cries about it, most mechanics will tell you the best deals for professionals or very enthusiastic hobbyist are
>snap-on
>matco
>MAC

They ALL have LIFETIME no questions asked returns, have great durability, fit and finish. And they have guys that show up at the shop so you don't have to travel. I had an old snap on tool cart (roll around) I bought for like $600, got $400 in trade towards a new one. People can be as fedora tipper as they want, but the big three are the best outside specialty tool makers.
>>
File: 71wOPAb4I3L._SL1500_.jpg (210KB, 1500x995px) Image search: [Google]
71wOPAb4I3L._SL1500_.jpg
210KB, 1500x995px
I never buy sets, only individual tools that I need. I like wera tools. Just got a good deal on wera 8-60nm 3/8 torque wrench, think it was some black friday deal.
>>
I have a mac tools box.
In my tool box are
Harbor freight
Husky
Craftsman
Stanley
Expert
Mac
Snap on
Blue point
Matco

Basically anything with a lifetime warranty.
If you aren't fixing cars professionally like I am you probably only need craftsman
>>
>>16211989
But they're overkill for your average Joe looking to do an oil change on his Civic so he can brag about it on /o/
>>
File: muh new box.jpg (326KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
muh new box.jpg
326KB, 1536x2048px
>>16211989
>forgetting Cornwell

otherwise you're right.
>>
>>16211931
I have some USA-made Masterforce combination box wrenches. They are moderately expensive but I couldn't really find anything that wasn't chinese.
Supposedly they are ok quality, rebranded Allen or some other usa brand for Menards house brand.

Craftsman was having a sale on their 4 drawer tool boxes and I somehow picked one up at a new store for like...40 dollars last year. Overall no problems. I wont buy chinese made craftsman stuff. I don't know why. I just feel shitty supporting that, knowing the quality dropped.
I also feel like made in Tiawan and Made in China are two completely different things. I find Taiwanese sockets to always hold up pretty well. So I have a lot of master mechanic sockets.

Other than that I just go to garage sales and find whatever ratchets that I need. I have a truecraft ratchet I found thats made in japan, and a lot of usa-made craftsman stuff that I've found over the years. Seems like everyones toolbox had craftsman stuff.

>>16212004
and like this guy, I usually only buy the individual tools that I need at that moment, else I have too much shit laying around.
>>
>>16211931
Modern day craftsmen is garbage. I don't know exactly what happened to Sears but the craftsman tools I have from the early 2000s are so much better than the shit they sell today. I've had sockets that are 15 years old and they still work fine. I bought an impact socket last week because my friend was boring my other one and that shit snapped within 1 min of use.
>>
>>16212360
>boring
borrowing.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.