[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Subaru Outback Speed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: $_27.jpg (36KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
$_27.jpg
36KB, 640x426px
Do the second generation Subaru Outbacks ('98-'03) have any speed? A wagon seems like the type of car that best suits my needs but I'd still like to have fun. I know the turbo 2.5L's have some speed but they're near impossible to find around me.

Does the boxer H6 have any speed? I'm assuming the regular 2.5L I4 is pretty slow.
>>
>>16211531
The H6 has more grunt than anything. But it will cruise well at higher speeds
>>
The 98'-03' generation was the first generation. Outbacks before that were Subaru Legacies with an Outback trim package.
>>
It's not that the EJ25 has no power, it just isn't very forthcoming with the power it has, especially with A/T and AWD drivetrain loss.

If you can find an M/T Legacy L or Impreza with the 2.2 it's surprisingly peppy, although still not powerful by any means. Much better on gas and no headgasket problems either.

Also Forester XT models have a 2.5 Turbo that's pretty damn powerful. Other than that and the WRX most subies just aren't built for speed. Don't know about the H6 models since I've never had wheel time on one.
>>
>>16211542
>>16211577
In that case, what would be the snippiest wagon I can pick up for a decent price (in Canada)?

I don't particularly care for a high top speed, can't really speed on the highway around here without being tagged by the cops. With that said I wouldn't mind jetting around empty parking lots and such.

I hear some trims of the Volvo V70 come with a turbo?
>>
>>16211616
V70 is a facelifted 850. Both are available with a low pressure turbo for a moderate power boost without too much added maintenance hassle or high pressure T5 variants if you want a true turbo brick. I warn you however, if you see a cheap T5 odds are it hasn't been maintained.

All whiteblock Volvos need serious maintenance to stay reliable. It can be done and isn't unreasonable to do yourself, but unless you are prepared to wrench it'll cost a lot to run in the long term. Check out a YouTube channel called robertdiy, he wrenches on redblocks and whiteblocks, 850s in particular as a hobby. They can be reliable, but not without effort.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.