[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Off-road lighting advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Bunny_burners.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bunny_burners.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
http://youtu.be/jPKy1KAz8OM
>2 70w H4 Bi-Xenon headlights
>3x lightforce 240 Blitz 100w HID Xenon 500k on BullBar
> 4X Hella 4000 Floods W/ 100w HID Xenon 5000k on roof
>Total light output: 82,000+ lumens

Must... make... something... BRIGHTER!!!!!!

I noticed his setup is all HID. Any LED lights compare to this?

Where can you find 100w bulbs? The highest HID wattage I can find in automotive applications are 35w...

Anyone have comparable setups?
>>
Light for offroading? Two small flood LED-lights at the roof aimed at the sides will let you see plenty

For general night-time driving I'd consider that setup overkill. Draws a lot of power, and you dont really need to see that far as you'll never be travelling fast enough that you'll need to see the hazard and start braking that early

What type of driving will you be doing with these lights?
>>
>>16208695
> Any LED lights compare to this?
Nigga LEDs are the brightest in the game right now, and use the least amount of energy is measured by lumens/watts ratio
>>
>>16208772
They're also the least reliable, most aftermarket stuff is prone to overheating.
>>
>>16208760
Two things:
1. He claims it's the brightest. Challenge accepted.

2. I live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. Roads are flat and straight but free range cattle love to hang out in the highway. I want to safely run high speeds and able to see as far out in front and to the sides of me as possible. I know I said offroad but that's because that's who this stuff is marketed towards
>>
File: 1438127341877.jpg (362KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1438127341877.jpg
362KB, 1024x1024px
>>16208772
When it comes to distance, HID>LED judging by >>16208793 thats probably what he's looking for.

On a side note:
>>16208793
840 watts, 12 volts = 70 amps

>70 amps
>70 amps
>70 amps

That's 70% of my alternator output
>>
>Off road
>Out driving your headlights
>Want 20K lumens up front so I can drive stupid
>deer

>>16208760
This.
>>
>>16208793
300w LED bar, pure flood
2 x 75w/100w HID 7/9 inch buckets with a spot/pencil beam

This is pretty much all you'd need to see everything
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.