[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me why it's a bad idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: $_27.jpg (53KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
$_27.jpg
53KB, 640x360px
Love classic cars but they are often way too expensive. Found this

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/city-of-toronto/1961-cadillac-devile/1193632283?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Should I?
>>
Are you fucking stupid, OP. Buy it.
>>
>>16207712
this
>>
>>16207693
it's not a bad idea it's great idea. I have same model cadillac for sale in my yurop shithole probably in similar condition and it costs fucking 18.000!!!! I wish i had an opurtunity like you to buy this glorious machine
>>
>>16207712
The problem is that I have never owned such an old car and not that mechanically inclined. What should I expect? Reliable? MPG? Parts still available?
>>
>>16208305
None of the above. All of that depends on you and the work you do to it. I would restomod something from '87 before actually working on a classic.
>>
>>16208318
So it's going to be super expensive right? At 6k CAD, there's bound to be something wrong
>>
>>16207693
Imagine if car manufactures made up-to-date cars like op's pic
Wouldn't it sell like crazy?
>>
File: dodge-dart-sport-16.jpg (85KB, 901x619px) Image search: [Google]
dodge-dart-sport-16.jpg
85KB, 901x619px
>>16208305
You're gonna get near single digit mpg. If you want a classic. Look a first gen mustang. Dodge dart, plymouth valiant, (demon or duster too) and the Chevy Nova. All of those are smaller with good aftermarket. They either have small V8 or 6 cylinders that are known to reac 20mpg
>>
>>16208324
Every single piece is a wear part. Expect to replace anything made of rubber or with 'bushing' in the name the day that you take delivery. Everything electrical needs to be inspected. You need to know how to tune a carburetor and valvetrain.

You're really better off getting something with early EFI and learning how to fix cars in general before getting something that will make driving 150 miles to pick up a part off a car sitting on a farm seem like the easy way of getting parts.
>>
>>16208305
>1961 Cadillac
>MPG

Back then, Caddies operated under the assumption that you would be able to afford the gas to run one, whatever that wound up being, and didn't give a single thought to it otherwise. Expect something like 9 mpg.
>>
>>16208537
one of the reasons I like them so much
>>
File: car.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
car.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>>16207693
I drive a 1965 Cadillac DeVille. I've never been a gearhead, never worked on a car prior to buying mine. 10 mpg, everything under the hood broke within the first 4 years, some things I learned to fix, others I paid the shop to do. The benefits of ownership are worth the hassles. Buy the car OP. pic related, mine
>>
>>16209322
nice car man
>>
>>16208471
No way I can find any of those under 10k. I know it's a classic but fuck in the end it's a 50 year old metal shitbox
>>
>>16209920
Thanks
>>
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/edmonton/1218071184

>$8500 firm

Jesus Christ
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.