/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he values clutch life over ride quality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: holy fuck my sides!!!.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
holy fuck my sides!!!.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>he values clutch life over ride quality
>>
>>16206132
>he doesnt clutch kick every turn
>>
>he values changing oil sometimes over never
>>
>>16206132
>
>>
>>16206132
>He doesn't have a car pit in his garage so he could change the clutch in an afternoon.
>cucked into babying his clutch and throwout bearing because the mechanic would charge 200$ for the labor.
How is it like to live not knowing how to wrench?
>>
File: ha ha ha HA.png (93KB, 250x237px) Image search: [Google]
ha ha ha HA.png
93KB, 250x237px
>>16207932
>he doesn't have a warehouse full of clutches to change as often as he washes his car
tippity kek
>>
>>16206132
>got BTFO in a thread
>makes another one to get BTFO again
>>
>>16207994
im not whoever you're talking about, son
>>
>>16208022
Some fag gets BTFO in a thread where he claimed that you should keep the car in gear and the clutch pressed while waiting at a stoplight because you have more control that way and after that this thread pops up.
>>
He buys a transmission where the main component is a "wear item" that costs $1100 to replace.
>>
>>16208068
a clutch is hardly the main component and is immensely cheaper than any automatic trans repair.
>>
>>16208052
Lmao, that is the most retarded thing I have ever heard. What do you recommend? Keeping it in neutral?
>>
>>16208068
>$1100
What kind of car do you drive that a clutch kit is that expansive?
Or do you drive a slushbox and just pulled that number out of your ass?
>>
>>16208052
Once you've applied the clutch, it doesn't hurt anything to keep it held down
>>
>>16206132
>gets BTFO in the other thread so he has to make a new one
Sad!
>>
File: 1431044618251.jpg (49KB, 533x400px) Image search: [Google]
1431044618251.jpg
49KB, 533x400px
>>16208052
but this happens every day
>anon posts dumb shit
>gets called dumb
>frogposting thread appears
>anons point it out
>∞
>>
>>16208162

applied is with the pedal out, disengaged is with the pedal in. It puts stress on the throw out bearing pushing the heavily sprung pressure plate fingers in to disconnect from the clutch disk. They are meant to hold it just long enough to take off and shift. Holding it in builds heat, puts unnecessary side loading on the bearing surfaces and can wear the fingers on the pressure plate prematurely. I work in a garage and see plenty of bad clutches with decent disks.

On second thought, hold in that pedal, I'm a commission employee.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.