[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IIHS Ratings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

>2016
>even "luxury" brands still putting halogen headlamps on $40K+ cars
>$1K-2K to get anything better
>almost every single halogen system given the worst possible rating for safety on 2016 cars with halogens equipped
>even many xenon systems given 5/10 ratings on safety, visibility, etc
>2016
>when asked for comment, car manufacturers (such as BMW, Ford, etc) merely said "Safety continues to be our highest priority when designing our vehicles."
>2016

Why is this shit acceptable? Do people even know what it's like to drive an adaptive LED equipped car? Have we just gotten used to driving by candle-light that we don't care? Many people, when asked about the poor ratings the IIHS gave their cars, said they didn't care, even though they frequently cannot see beyond 30ft of their bumper.
>>
>IIHS
>not comprehensively cucked
HID and LED setups cost more than halogens, which would increase car prices if they were standard. Not everyone wants or needs them.
>>
>>16204699
>which would increase car prices if they were standard
Marginally. Some of the cars with the best ratings were among the cheapest. Luxury brands like Acura, BMW, Audi, Benz have insane markup simply because the design is "new". Every Japanese automaker has shitty option control. You can't get LEDs on a DX Civic, you absolutely have to get the Touring, even if you don't car about that shit or want to spend 30K on a civic.
>>
>>16204673

Where do you live? Even the cheapest Kia's and Hyundai's here have HID's/LED's. Only fleet trucks are rocking halogens in projectors.
>>
>>16204673
How is HID safer? I think halogen is superior, but with a projector type headlight.

I tried HID and it was too "blue" colored so it actually reduced my night vision. I think halogen remain a legit choice, there's nothing wrong with it. Besides not being so aggressive towards other drivers.
>>
>>16204699
>LED
>costing more
LEDs are the cheapest way to produce light humanity has ever created, a fucking LED is cheap as fuck, the 20 of them that make the cluster of some headlamp is fucking cheap as fuck
Automakers are just jewing people up because "ITS NEW TECH, SO ITS TWICE THE PRICE"
>>
>>16204731
My 2016 Hyundai has halogens.

But mainly because the fancy xenon projectors were only available on the 6k more expensive model.
>>
>>16204838
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????
>>
>>16204827
well you can't just use some cheap ebay chinese powerleds for this to be honest. And you have to take care of heat dissipation etc. I think a halogen lamp is still cheaper in this case. But I agree otherwise, it should be cheap and the default.
>>
>>16204827

You can't just feed a LED with power like a incandescent bulb. It needs a driver circuit with resistors, caps, driver chips. All that extra shit adds up when you have to make millions a year. I've seen many many dead LED clusters on even high end vehicles. If they cheap out on components and have to replace the LED clusters they're going to start to loose money quick.

tldr: It's just easier to use regular bulbs.
>>
>>16204747
That's pretty much my experience too.
>>
Because they can make cheaper cars by putting in cheaper setups

People also don't seem to care much about lighting. You'll have people driving around my parts in 20 year old cars where the headlights are so matted you couldn't even see if there is a bulb inserted or not, and if I've asked if they dont feel like they want to see a bit more of the road and the eventual hazards on/around it they'll typically just answer "Nah, I can see just fine", or "I dont like the sharp lighting at night, makes my eyes tired"

Fucking baffles me
>>
>>16204888
It's a car. It's something you buy with money when you have a job, bus rider....
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.