[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wrenching general Mostly making it cause my car developed a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: wrenching.png (428KB, 1065x426px) Image search: [Google]
wrenching.png
428KB, 1065x426px
Wrenching general

Mostly making it cause my car developed a problem:
So yesterday I took it around the twisties a bit and pushed it and everything was fine and super fun.
Then I left it standing for around 2 hours and when I got back in it the brakes were gone -
the brake pedal was superlight and any braking was done only at the very bottom and even then it amounted to maybe 10-20%.

I suspect a leak but on the drive back it didn't get any worse.

I can think of two possible causes:
>I've had new disc brakes installed by a workshop and I think maybe they dun goofed
>the brake lines were rusty as fuck, maybe they rusted through

I'm planning on checking which one is it and then either asking for more repairs/complaining to the mechanics about their botched job.

Is there anything else that might cause this? Master cylinder failure? What do you think I should do?
>>
MC Failure will be caused by bypassing aka fluid going around the seals. the pedal should sink to the floor. Other causes of this are hydraulic leaks.
Remove reserve vacuum assist with engine off and hold your foot hard on the brake pedal if it slowly sinks you have a defective mc or hydraulic leak. low spongy pedal is caused by air in the system.
If your car has rear drums it could be that they need to be adjusted as that also gives you a low brake pedal. basically get off your ass and start inspecting
>>
First check your brake fluid.
If there's no pressure on the cylinder (pedal goes light) it has nothing to do with your brake disks, it's obviously a hydraulic problem ie you're losing brake fluid.
>>
>pushing a shitbox on twisties
>having 20 minutes of fun at the cost of brakes
>>
File: Nissan-Hardbody.jpg (188KB, 2364x1104px) Image search: [Google]
Nissan-Hardbody.jpg
188KB, 2364x1104px
>>16196564
>Know a tranny with the same truck as me
>Installs new battery
>Truck won't start
>Changes oil
>Still won't start
Really?! I would not have guessed.
>pic related, type of truck
>>
>>16196737
>>16196759
Turns out a brake line ruptured, thanks tho
>>
>>16196857
Sounds like you were mashing the wrong pedal for the twisties m8
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.