[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Importing a Muscle Car to my country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: challenger rt.jpg (3MB, 3456x2160px) Image search: [Google]
challenger rt.jpg
3MB, 3456x2160px
Is restoring a classic muscle car worth it? i've always wanted to restore a muscle car but importing an unrestored one to my country is as expensive as importing a normal car which i think might not be worth the expense. and because my country(the philippines to be specific) has very strict rules in importing cars 'cause they only want us to buy from car companies(toyota,mitsubishi,suzuki, almost all the rice cooker car companies out there) so should i just find an unrestored one here in my country or import one?
>>
It will be slow, crappy and feel ancient by the time you are done restoring it.

Then you will have to tell all the realisits and pragmatisits that 'I KNOW WHAT I'VE GOT"

Honestly, just grab life by the pussy and buy something new. You have the current gen mustang in your backwaters shitty country, right? Get that.
>>
Restoration is a huge pain in the ass. You picture it as spending days and nights in the garage bringing a poor old car back to life when in reality you'll be spending days and nights on the internet searching for parts and haggling with boomers because they want $300 for a door handle sinceyou absolutely need it for your car to be correct. Any shop work is incredibly expensive if you run into something you can't do. There are places that'll restore a car for you and it costs around $40-50k which is more than street value. Do yourself a favor and buy one in the condition you desire.
>>
>>16196354
the problem is muscle cars really only work in america.
Outside America they're more of a cheeky "just for the laff" than a real sportscar.
>>
My guess is bodywork is not that expensive in the Philipines and there is no shortage of skilled labor.

It will be less expensive to importing and restoring than buying a ready restored car.

And if you get tired of terrible poor fuel economy there is always plenty of Isuzu diesels around.
Is there no special law for importing classic cars? In many countries there is a reduced rate.
>>
>>16196354
phillipnes mean body work is cheap.

Look into resto mods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av_Sm1sZwZA
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.