[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally getting into karting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: img_8947.jpg (85KB, 719x480px) Image search: [Google]
img_8947.jpg
85KB, 719x480px
So I made the unwise decision at the ripe age of 23 to start racing, a lifelong dream. Look, I'll never be professional but if there was someway, what would be the most experience rewarding/most chances to get noticed? What would the progression look like?

>Rotax Max
>Shifter karts
>SCCA
>Formula Ford
>Formula 3
>F1/GT3,V8 supercars/Rally
>>
File: 18946754618954.jpg (332KB, 1456x888px) Image search: [Google]
18946754618954.jpg
332KB, 1456x888px
>>16195229
>what would be the most experience rewarding/most chances to get noticed?

Winning regional and then national level championships. That way you can start pulling in big sponsors much easier. Also, don't be an autist introvert. Talk to people. Get to know your competitors, people that run the events, etc to create a network for yourself (and for others). Go and participate in as many events as you can which more often than not means lots of traveling. If you aren't racing at least every other weekend, you're not working hard enough. Having a cool twitter/instagram to toot your own horn can also help.

You have to keep in mind, though, that there's no step-by-step instructions to becoming a pro or semi-pro driver. Every pro driver will tell you that it took just as much luck as it did skill to get to where they got in their careers.
>>
>>16195229
Win every race, every single one even your first. The moment you lose you're fucked.

Starting at age 6 wouldn't hurt either
>>
>>16195229
Okay at 23 it is not going to happen. Go focus on earning lots of money and you can pay to play by the time you are 50.

There are tons of men way more eligible than you and way younger than you than there are race seats available. What makes you so special that you are above common sense?

ProTip: Nothing, you are just another poser dreamer. I know this is hard to accept because you have JUST become an adult, but that possibility is already gone. You would be racing GT3 cars right now if you fate was to be a race car driver.

My advice. Get into Spec Miata or Spec E30/36 and have fun.
>>
File: 18946754618954.jpg (454KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
18946754618954.jpg
454KB, 1920x1080px
>>16196162
>Go focus on earning lots of money and you can pay to play by the time you are 50.

kek. That is basically Blancpain GT series.
>>
>>16196162

This. Have fun instead of spending tens of thousands of dollars just to be frustrated. Stop dreaming, start living. At our age, that money is better spent on education or a shittoboxu you can track and modify instead of kart tyres and engines you're gonna regret spending money on.
>>
>tfw 6'5, 258 lbs with huge shoulders and hips, O-lineman build even when very lean

With the driving prowess of Senna, Schumacher and Nuvolari combined I would never have made it past junior runoffs when I hit my big growth spurt in 8th grade

>tfw walking weight penalty
>>
>>16195229
So I made the unwise decision at the ripe age of 23 to start element bending, a lifelong dream. Look, I'll never be professional but if there was someway, what would be the most experience rewarding/most chances to get noticed? What would the progression look like?

>fire bending
>air bending
>water bending
>earth bending
>>
File: microbechuckle.jpg (76KB, 724x620px) Image search: [Google]
microbechuckle.jpg
76KB, 724x620px
>>16196302
Underrated
>>
>>16196276

nascar
>>
>>16196276
kek, you won't even fit in an F1 cockpit nowadays, and that one jewish driver is considered freakishly tall and heavy for it even though he is a weltherweight
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.