[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First car purchase

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Hey /o/ first time posting here. You guys seem like you know your shit. I'm looking to finally buy my first car. I'm 24. Have about 35 K saved up. Don't wanna spend it all.

I have been driving my dad's Jetta for the past couple of years since coming back from uni. But he uses it every day until late, so I'm usually without a car. Plus it would make going out on dates much easier, which I do every other weekend usually.

Anyways enough about that crap. I know the basics+ when it comes to cars and which makes are better on gas, which are cheaper etc.

My questions to you, /o/ are :

>do you recommend buying outright or financing (let's say I'm willing to go up to 15 K (cdn)
>which make do you recommend, that drives well and is good on gas
>I'm pretty fucking tall at 6'6 so no tiny cars
And any other advice you guys would like to share would be fantastic.

>pic related I guess, since my dad's and grandpa's first car was a golf would be pretty cool to do the same
>>
>>16192585
Finance
>if you need to build credit (which you probably do at your age)
>the interest will end up being minimal total $ with that kind of down payment

cars that are new(ish), fit your budget, criteria, and not memes
>VW golf
>focus ST (maybe too tall, you'd have to go see)
>nissan maxima (its actually really nice)
>accord (boring)
>Hyundai Accent
>Subaru WRX

That's just some you can look at. I tried to give you a wide range. If you want a sports car, I can give you some things to look at too.
Don't get tricked here, people will tell you everything but the car they recommend are shit. Then someone will say the car that person picked is shit. No car is perfect, find on you like with minimal issues/concerns. It's your money.
>>
If you can get a low interest loan, finance may be better. If not, get it cash.
>>
>>16192585
just check out kijiji for used cars
>>
>>16192585
>Have about 35 K saved up
why are you not putting this towards a house downpayment?
>>
>>16192585
I find it hard to believe your father and his father were girls. Why are you interested in a girl's car anon?
>>
Does it need to be AWD? If not, what about an A4/5 or E90 BMW?
>>
>>16192733

Because houses are garbage. A roof is multiple thousands of dollars, as is a septic system or a sewer/water line repair when yours shits the bed. Decks fall apart. Floors rot and creak. Windows leak and break. Furnaces require maintenance or replacement. Washers, dryers, refrigerators, ranges and dishwashers all love to break at random times, well pumps go out, water lines within the house break, and that's not even getting into the landscaping maintenance.

With how cheaply houses are/were pumped out today and for the past 20 years, 9 times out of 10 you're better off just renting something.

Also, if you don't work in the trades, don't try to fix your own house, you'll either fuck it up or burn it down.
>>
>>16192764
How much do A4s usually go for? Are they more expensive to maintain than a VW?
>>
>>16192809
so buy something nice that's older than 20.
>>
>>16192585
But a fucking golf r. Best ride of your life for ita price.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.