[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

car trailer thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

Let me see those custom ideas and add-ons to your car trailers, and suggestions for a car trailer in general. Just ordered me a 10k lb metal deck tilt car trailer that should be ready for pick up in a few weeks. Things I have already planned:

-12k lb badlands winch(buying it on black friday)
-triangle tool box for the tongue
- 2 single row, 6" off road LED light bars mounted on rear of trailer for reverse lights
-wireless remote for the winch
-on board air system for the truck
-air bag jack so I can jack up the car once on the trailer to remove wheels and such(for scrap cars)
-solar panel trickle charger to keep winch battery charged and ready
-extra heavy duty D-ring tie downs welded all around trailer
-spare tire, bottle jack, folding lug wrench
-(4) RTJ style hooks, axle straps, and 4 trailer tie down ratchet straps
-electric jack for tongue

Any other ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated

Pic related, my friends car trailer(same trailer but older model of what I just ordered)
>>
Air bag jacks are complete trash.
>>
>>16192169
That much winch on a trailer is asinine. I have a 2500lb atv winch and I've pulled a junk f150 on flat tires like it was butter on hot toast.

Ditto the wireless remote and a lot of the other shit. It's a fucking trailer, if you want a shop on wheels you should have bought an enclosed.
>>
>>16192181
This. First of all winch ratings refer to a 40° angle which you will never reach on a trailer, only in offroading. Also the ratings include a two- or trifold safety factor.
>>
>>16192169
Seems good except for the air bag jack and the electric jack for the tongue.

That's just more stuff to go wrong. The owner of the company i work at has a trailer almost exactly like the one you're getting, the hydraulic tilt is great. Has the solar panel and everything.

The wireless remote isnt that bad of an idea either. That way you don't have to worry about a wire getting pinched somewhere
>>
My friend's trailer has the same 12k winch on his...it's a Badlands brand, so it's harbor freight/Chinese. It pulls cars and trucks onto the trailer fine, but you can hear it working hard. I would say it's about the same strength as a quality 6k lb winch would be. Black friday price on it is $279, can't beat that. I normally wouldn't consider an electric jack, but figured since the trailer was gonna have a battery mounted to it anyways, why not?
>>
File: IMGP24761.jpg (4MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP24761.jpg
4MB, 4000x3000px
Here's my trailer, an '03 18ft steel deck BigTex. It's only a 7k, but it didn't seem to complain hauling a crew cab 4x4 diesel. If I could do it again I'd buy a 20ft 10k, but beggars can't be choosers.

I've towed countless cars on it and it's been great, tows straight as an arrow.

I added a HF tongue box, which I keep one of those shitty throw away hydrolic jacks in, all my tow straps, four cut up old inner tubes (use them to protect the straps if I'm going around an axle), some extra ratchet straps and a deep cycle marine battery.

I mounted a 2" receiver on the deck, and bought one of those receiver winch mounts. Quite frankly the receiver winch mount is crap, luckily they had an open box one which I got for half price.

This way I throw the winch on when I need it, and take it off when I don't.

I bought a 12k badlands, and it's probably complete overkill, but works fine. I paid $280 for it during one of those parking lot sales. It works fine and doesn't even make an effort pulling cars up.

Skip the electric tongue jack, they just break and become more annoying to use manual ones anyways. My friend went through 2 on his trailer before he just bought a generic manual A-frame style mount like I have on mine.

I bought one of those solar chargers thinking I'd use it to keep the battery fresh, but I park my trailer next to the barn so I just keep a battery tender on it.

I still want to add some lights on the deck, and change over all the lights to LED's.

Like that other anon said, it's an open deck trailer, not a shop, don't go crazy with it.
>>
File: 20160617_203027.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160617_203027.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>16192169
I put this $40 boat winch on my trailer. It works amazingly well just a lot of cranking
>>
File: 20150530_151559.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20150530_151559.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>16192169
>add ons
None really, I need to add a winch but too cheap and not sure how/where I'd mount it

Pretty sure one of my equalizer bar bushings is shot too.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.