[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Entry level Chink mobile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 00T0T_kp2z09WiD1O_600x450.jpg (32KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
00T0T_kp2z09WiD1O_600x450.jpg
32KB, 450x450px
Whatsup guys what do you think about íntegras, particularly the 92 hatch with the 1.8 engine? I found one on Craigslist for 1800 with a 5 speed and 187k miles. My main goal is to get something cheap and Japanese with a manual to DD and learn stick in, have driven mostly American v8s and 4x4 before this

Pic related it's the car
>>
>>16190552
Be prepared for problems associated with an old, high mileage car, so it won't be DD-tier reliable. That aside, when you're moving from a larger engine to a smaller one, especially when you're learning stick, the smaller engines are less forgiving and will stall easier. As far as cheap and jap, an Integra works.
>>
>>16190978
I had heard that older íntegras were essentially rebadged Hondas, don't Hondas run pretty reliable for many miles?
>>
>>16190989

its a honda, you redneck. Why do idiots like you have to seek validation from strangers to make a purchase? You like the car ??? Yes, fucking buy it.
>>
>>16190989
Yes but that one already has many miles on it. ~200k is pushing it even for the legendary reliability of the old Hondas and Toyotas. Just something to be aware of. Not that swapping an engine or transmission is the end of the world though.
>>
>>16190552
>what do you think about íntegras, particularly the 92 hatch with the 1.8 engine?
It's a car.

>I found one on Craigslist for 1800 with a 5 speed and 187k miles.
And a pound of a narcotic of your choice, right? No? Pass, dude.

>My main goal is to get something cheap and Japanese with a manual to DD and learn stick in, have driven mostly American v8s and 4x4 before this
Go find an old Saturn. They don't get the rice tax, are just as easy to work on, and can be picked up for a couple hundred bucks still DD'able.
>>
>>16190998
Take it easy man I was just confirming that drive train components are shared in common with older ultra reliable Hondas
>>
>>16190552
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/5828056860.html
>>
>>16191001
I would probably just junk it when it dies, i have a choice of buying a beat civic ex coupe 02 from a friend for 1k also but its 205k and salvage so this seemed a little more tempting
>>
>>16190552
My buddy got one for 1400 with similar millage. Been reliable for him other than the ball joints going out on him. He drives it every day and has had no major problems. I consider him lucky though.
>>
>>16191022
>>16191022
>I would probably just junk it when it dies,
And not do an engine swap just so you can say you have the experience? Come on, man.
>>
>>16191026
I have a pontiac firebird with a blown engine that I'm trying to junk right now man, I have 2 jobs go to school and am married I don't have time
>>
My dad drove one new when I was a kid, it was pretty nice.
>>
>>16191039
>2 jobs go to school and am married
cucked (^:
>>
>>16191006
It's literally a Honda with a different badge for the American market.
>>
>>16191002
>Go find an old Saturn. They don't get the rice tax, are just as easy to work on, and can be picked up for a couple hundred bucks still DD'able.
This is good advice OP. Do it.
>>
>>16192131
>old saturns had honda parts in them.
>>
File: 37380212.jpg (165KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
37380212.jpg
165KB, 1024x768px
>>16192133
Ahem...
Last I checked, the J35 V6 was built by Honda.
>>
File: IMG_8650.jpg (894KB, 1350x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8650.jpg
894KB, 1350x900px
No reason not to if it has no rust.

The rear defroster and int wipers are probably not going to work, but other than that the DAs are great.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.