[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have to check and find a bad spark plug in my grandmas car,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 00t0t_fzYKrHv5zgR_600x450.jpg (44KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00t0t_fzYKrHv5zgR_600x450.jpg
44KB, 600x450px
I have to check and find a bad spark plug in my grandmas car, i have the spark plug socket and wrench set but what else do i need to change it? Also how do i diagnose a bad one, i read something about a gap checker, i just need a rundown on how to do this please, googling isnt giving me the right answers.

pic unrelated
>>
>>16188945
>i have the spark plug socket and wrench set but what else do i need to change it?
just put the new one in and tighten it down.
>>
>>16188953

yea i figured it was as easy as it sounds but someone told me to watch out on how i put them in, that i have to do it a certain way or i risk breaking them. I thought he mant like i had to put them back in the same order that i took them out, just confused.
>>
3si.org

Your welcome
>>
>>16188965
>I thought he mant like i had to put them back in the same order that i took them out, just confused.
not the plugs themselves but the wires need to go exactly where you found them.

You should torque the plugs down to a specific number but that's a meme, tighten them so they are tight but not too tight that you need a breaker bar to get them loose again.
>>
>>16188965
What they proably meant is don't bang them around as with some electrode materials are extermly fragile and will break similar thing will happen with the arm or whatever it's real name is but with all plug if you bang it around you risk messing up the gap. Most plugs come pre gapped but I like to double check them and make sure there correct and similar you can get the gapper at any auto parts store there usually at the counter just ask there a little disk about the shape of a silver dollar but the rim is beveled with the measurements ontop there like a dollar to 10 depends on the brand
>>
>>16189406
This
Do snug not tight
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.