[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Touge setup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 6493939.jpg (34KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
6493939.jpg
34KB, 500x375px
How can I get my MR2 setup for maximum touge potential (apart from the obvious coils, struts, etc.)?
>>
leafblower
>>
Weld half a corolla onto the front for dat mad AWD rally handling.
>>
Good shocks, reasonable springs, a good alignment to TRD street performance specs, and then some of the great tires available on the market today, and you can corner as well as the reality of shitty road conditions and unpredictable traffic will let you. If you find yourself running out of brakes (unlikely, I expect you to be laughably slow like 95% of street drivers) get some street/track pads and good rotors. You don't need bigger calipers for touge speeds, you just need the heat capacity that rotors and race pads offer.

My recommendations:
ST springs OR Ground Control coilovers on Koni Yellows, with 150-200 lb/in front and ~300 lb/in rear spring rates. Unless you're on a smooth paved track, you're just going to skitter over ripples in the pavement with the high spring rates that are in vogue with import tooners. Just leave the rear sway off. A stock sway is ok to have, mine had one, but you really don't need an aftermarket sway bar.

Hankook RS3, Dunlop Star Spec ZII, BFG Rival S, all tires available in 205 and/or 225 width on a 15 rim. 15x7 with a 205 fits these cars so well. You can use a 15x8 and upgrade to a 225 tire in the future if you want, but that's really overkill grip for the street unless you're making big power. Stick with a 200 treadwear tire, it makes 90% of the difference over the stock car. The suspension and other bullshit just makes you feel like a real racer.

Drop some weight. 2200 lbs is easy to achieve with wheels, gutted trunks, tubular exhaust manifold and lightweight exhaust, and by not buying a faggy t-top or sunroof car. I highly recommend a lightweight flywheel, even if you're not going to swap motors etc.

Fix your loose shitty suspension. Twosrus has every part needed to make it as tight as new again. This is critical on a 4 wheel macstrut car, because there's not much holding those wheels in alignment.
>>
>>16188888
Good get.
>>
>>16188888
holy shit the get
>>
>>16188961
>>16188979
Go back to /b/, we quit chasing gets on /o/ when you were in middle school. We weren't funny or original back then either
>>
File: asstime.png (106KB, 611x534px) Image search: [Google]
asstime.png
106KB, 611x534px
>>16188989
Sure we did.
>>
>>16188992
Come back when you get *all* repeating digits. I got 2 of the last 4, and I was admittedly fresh from /b/.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.