[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

have you ever had to work on your car in extreme conditions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: water.png (2MB, 1270x712px) Image search: [Google]
water.png
2MB, 1270x712px
have you ever had to work on your car in extreme conditions?
>>
>>16186154
Windscreen wipers stopped working on almost completely wet, pouring conditions while doing 110km/h on the motorway. I was sticking my head out the window so I could see. Had to pull over on dirt road to fix them and squeeze back into traffic.
>>
File: technology.jpg (81KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
technology.jpg
81KB, 960x720px
>>16186154
yup
>>
>>16186154
I had to replace a tyre under a thunderstorm once
>>
Had to replace wiper blades and refill fluid when it was -50 outside. A minor task but goddamn was it not fun
>>
>>16186245
Your a true tr/o/oper. Good on you man.

I've had to fix popped intercooler piping In the snow, freezing rain, monsoon level downpours, you name it. Then I switched it all over to band clamps and haven't had to yet.
>>
File: Fix.jpg (509KB, 1092x1273px) Image search: [Google]
Fix.jpg
509KB, 1092x1273px
I think it was -26c and a strong wind northern wind when I stood outside from 8 AM to 4 PM fixing this up. Not extreme, but I didn't feel how cold my face was or how fatigued my hands & fingers were until I got inside

Replaced CV-axle on a friends LJ73 deep in a forest mid-winter, -20c in pitch black darkness with only a phone for lighting
>>
File: 12345686.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
12345686.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>16186154
WOW FUCKING SCOTTY IS HARDCORE AS FUCK. WORKING IN ALL THAT WATER.
IS THERE ANYTHING THIS MADMAN WON'T DO?
>>
File: gerber diesel.jpg (27KB, 311x679px) Image search: [Google]
gerber diesel.jpg
27KB, 311x679px
>couple winters ago
>northern great lakes region
>last one to clock out, no one around, excited for warm home after 60 mile commute
>9PM, -10F dry cold and temps dropping
>hop into car, start 97 420a eclipse
>dash looks dim
>uhoh.jpg
>pop hood, ground is ok
>unhook battery
>car dies
>fml
>alternator terminal plugged, belt ok
>see loose cable near bottom side of car
>alternator ground undone
>fml x 2
>tools: scissor jack and gerber diesel (awesome multitool)
>clothing: woodland uniform, sweater top, thermal lowers, wool gloves, summer boots (cuz is not snowing and they were more comfier than the winters lel bad idea)

My fingers and toes felt like they were going to fall off after 20 minutes of working under the car as fast as I could.
>>
>>16186154
I replaced my axles in 15 degree weather and it started snowing halfway through. I also changed my tires in the middle of a blizzard because I'm a stupid fuck that procrastinated. This year I cleaned out my garage so I'll never have to deal with that shit again.
>>
>>16186572
>IS THERE ANYTHING THIS MADMAN WON'T DO?

Buy Mercedes
>>
>>16186154
Video link?
>>
File: Trans_removal.jpg (32KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
Trans_removal.jpg
32KB, 604x453px
>Extreme!
as in... extremely dangerous?
>>
File: 20160908_130918.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
20160908_130918.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>>16186154
Yea twice both in under -10 or 20F.

Once was my starter

The 2nd I got frost bite in 5 fingers, I hit a guard rail in a blizzard because a salt truck almost hit me....Hit it going about 30-40MPH pushed my bumper into my tire and ripped the tire.

Spent about 2 hours taking off the front bumper and changing the tire because there was no way to bend it back without jerking it on the guard rail with a chain. I'm honestly surprised my airbags haven't gone off in that truck yet

That side that I hit it bent the frame slightly

>pic related, After I replaced the bumper in the spring
>>
>>16186154

Had to change my block heater on my Jimmy in -40 with a shitty mini ratchet with shitty engagement. It was so tight that I couldn't wear gloves. The bolt was long as fuck and had to do everything by feel.
>>
the worst was when I had to get the remains of the windshield wiper off in monsoon tier rain and 60+ mph wind, which is why the wipers broke in the first place. Thankfully there was an underpass for a railroad so I stopped under that and fixed it
>>
>>16186154
Changed oil in the rain.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.