[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diesel engines don't last forever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

And they're not simple either

>EGR sludge from 50k onwards
>timing belt every 60k
>turbo(s) need rebuild every 100k
>injector pump needs rebuild every 130k
>DPF needs cleaning/replacement every 130k
>>
I call bullshit. I'm at 300k with my Toyota, nothing has been replaced other than belts and filters.
>>
>>16185718
>not using biodiesel out of french fries
>>
File: 70221005E.jpg (58KB, 640x480px)
70221005E.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
>>16185718
>>16185733
Here is a diesel engine that will run a million miles without drama. However you will never find it in a modern truck for the following reasons:
>it has no power
>it pollutes the air
>it's noisy and rough
>it hoovers fuel
>it's huge
The era of good diesels is over. Consumers are too precious for an engine such as this.
>>
>>16185759
Blame the stupid environmentalists that think diesels pollute more than gas because they put out black smoke and smell more.
>>
>>16185718
Is this the new forced meme? Modern diesels are disposable?
Blank off the EGR (or clean the manifold periodically) and there's literally nothing wrong with them.
>timing belts
Irrelevant of fuel type. My diesels run chains however.
>turbos/fuel pumps every...
Again, irrelevant of fuel type. They aren't a scheduled service item and will last indefinitely unless facing an unforeseen. Modern common rail pumps don't cost the earth to rebuild, although injectors can get pricey if you have more than four cylinders but then there's no reason they need to be rebuilt more than once over the vehicle life.
>>16185759
They're simple, but then there's no reason later 1HDs and 1VDs aren't million mile engines either. Hell, my 4M41 is at 280,000km with nothing but regular scheduled servicing. Original fuel pump and VGTurbo. Still has every bit of the 441Nm and even better economy from the factory since I decommissioned the EGR.
Biggest advantage of the older mechanical diesels is they're dead simple to diagnose and repair.
>>
>>16185718
>And they're not simple either
This is true
>>EGR sludge from 50k onwards
Nigger what?
>>timing belt every 60k
NIGGER WHAT? Maybe get a Diesel that was built this century. Mine has 180000km interval for that.
>>turbo(s) need rebuild every 100k
troll/10
>>injector pump needs rebuild every 130k
troll/10
>>DPF needs cleaning/replacement every 130k
It needs constant cleaning, which happens by driving it on motorways, if you do it will never need replacement at all.
>>
>>16185776
>>16185773
This.
OP confirmed for rural Victorian anon with a piece of shit LPG Falcon ute.
>>
>>16185773
>need to blank the EGR for normal use
>need pay for some chip to avoid CEL
>literally impossible to rebuild injectors yourself
>literally impossible to rebuild injector pump yourself

Then comes the bit where somebody posts about how freightliners can do 1 million miles! So their peugeot 1.6 diesel should do the same!
>>
>>16185809
>need to blank the EGR for normal use
Do you struggle to read sentences more than a few words long? OR CLEAN THE MANIFOLD PERIODICALLY.
I'll add you don't have to chip anything to remove EGR operation either. I did mine at home with a soldering iron, stove lighter and $3 worth of resistor and heat shrink from Jaycar. EBay blanking plates delivered otherwise cost about half an average hourly rate.
And who gives a shit if some stuff has to be sent off for an in-house rebuild? You're not rebuilding your gas motor on the same mileage my injector pump may need a rebuild.
>>
>>16185809
>So their peugeot 1.6 diesel should do the same!

Yeah. They should. And they will.
>>
File: 4000 clydesdales.jpg (55KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
4000 clydesdales.jpg
55KB, 800x600px
>>16185718
What horrible diesel engine uses timing belts? Real diesels use timing gears.

Also:
>EGR systems
>DPF

Sound like some garbage tier euro diesel
>>
>>16185809
>Impossible to rebuild injection pumps

Intredasting :DDDD
>>
>>16185718
>naming normal engine maintenance
>claiming it "diesel's fault"
>>
>>16185768
They do you retard. Air quality in Europe is much worse than the US because diesel emissions are higher. Gasoline engines make more CO2 but Diesel makes more NOx and particulate matter. These emissions are much worse in the short term and have an impact on people here and now. CO2 will be a problem later.
>>
>>16185759

The jews killed good diesel design.
>>
>>16185718
My turbo is stock, on 250k
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.