[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ford Stereo Swap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: radio.jpg (104KB, 978x733px) Image search: [Google]
radio.jpg
104KB, 978x733px
I drive a 2011 Ford Police Interceptor. I wanna swap out the stock radio that came with it for a stereo from something like a Grand Marquis that ideally has the cd/tape combo like in pic related. I was gonna check out a pick and pull tomorrow and see if I can find one.

Will they be complicated to swap? it seems like I can pop the stereos out easily but am I gonna need extra wires to hook up or can I just swap them and replug? from the exterior it seems like the police Crown Vics and Grand Marquis have roughly the same dashboard.
>>
I imagine it's pretty plug and play. You can probably find those head units for $10 or sneak out of a junk yard. But really they are total shit. Buy a decent aftermarket head unit. Single din and you get extra storage space.
>>
I know on the older P71's with the thin fleet radios they had a different plug, I believe the 2011 was the same way. You're most likely going to have to do some cut/splice work.

Also, look for an escape audiophile unit, much better than the stock radio.
>>
>>16185158
>>16185165
Its hard to find aftermarket with tape decks. Seems weird to really want one but I've always wanted a tape player in my car. Got a ton of tapes from my uncle way back and dont have anywhere to play them. Its why I mentioned this one from Mercury in specific.

In the end I guess I'll just do whatever works so long as I get a cd player or an aux port at least. Just only having the option to listen to radio makes me wanna blow my brains out.
>>
I'm sure there an answer for for your question in a PI FAQ on a forum for crown Vic's somewhere.
>>
You may be able to find a wiring harness otherwise you'll need to splice, Im sure they make replacement deck trays aswell so you'll just need that and a deck.
It is extremely easy and you should look at replacing the paper speakers after that.
>>
>>16185128
It's easy. Especially since you're swapping a radio from the same model. I did something similar in a Ranger and had to do some hacking. But it fits. Now I just need to put some foam to dampen rattles.
>>
>>16185289
Also, wiring-wise it was plug and play so it might be the same for you.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.