[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/, my clutch is sticking at the bottom when I press down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1409111049779.jpg (64KB, 640x823px) Image search: [Google]
1409111049779.jpg
64KB, 640x823px
Hey /o/, my clutch is sticking at the bottom when I press down fully. It springs back up, but it gets stuck for half a second and then comes back up, any thoughts as to what it could be? It just recently started doing it yesterday.

Also, second question, I'm getting a clunk from both my rear struts/springs. The strut mount is tight, as well as all the other mounting bolts. Is there something internally that can cause the clunking noise?
>>
File: 1476168782712.jpg (686KB, 1280x1714px) Image search: [Google]
1476168782712.jpg
686KB, 1280x1714px
>>16183967
might need a new master or slave cylinder

yo name is TOBY lol haha
>>
>>16183967
just bleed it you goof ball
>>
>>16184040
I don't wanna ;_;
>>
you may need to adjust that rod that connects to your clutch pedal.

probably would help if you take the entire thing out, disablement, and lube up all the parts. there is a heavy spring there that if it doenst rotate smoothly, it may be more prone to getting it to stick
>>
>>16183967
Jack it up and check aaaaall the bushings on the rear suspension. there's probably one that's starting to give up the ghost. Also a bad strut can make a bad clunking noise, especially if you live in a third-world country with third-world roads, like California.
>>
>>16184180
It's really not hard at all. You can do it by yourself with a hand vacuum pump, or with two people and no pump.

Alone:
>get line wrench or box end wrench in the size of the bleeder screw on your slave cylinder and hand vacuum pump with a fluid catch
>crack bleeder screw once and close it again. be gentle so you don't round it off and you probably want to soak it in PB blaster first
>close it again, leave the wrench on the screw if it's a box end
>attach vacuum hose to nipple on bleeder screw
>pump to 60 psi or so
>crack bleeder screw
>close it when fluid stops coming out, or if you want to flush all the fluid, when the fluid starts coming out clean
>repeat until no bubbles come out after cracking it, topping off the clutch master in between cracks to make sure it doesn't go below the minimum fluid level

Two people:
>crack bleeder screw and close it
>have someone else pump the clutch pedal a few times and hold it down
>crack screw, close when bubbles stop
>have the other person release the clutch pedal
>repeat until bubbles stop coming out when you crack the bleeder screw

Just make sure the other guy doesn't release the clutch pedal while the bleeder is open because that will suck in air and make it worse.
>>
>>16185209
Opps, meant for "or if you want to flush[...]" to be on the last line of the alone section
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.