[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any reason I shouldn't buy this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: AWDeclipse.jpg (14KB, 253x450px) Image search: [Google]
AWDeclipse.jpg
14KB, 253x450px
AWD Exclipse GSX nearby me for 4k.
Only thing is it's auto.
Should I?
dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/5864868571.html
>>
>>16183649
4k seems fair. Car has a great color too. It is post face-lift? Also is the tranny a normal auto or semi auto? If it's a semi auto I would still go for it cause at least there's some interaction, but idk if the 2G got that tranny.
>>
File: Eclipse_2nd_Gen.jpg (169KB, 1785x916px) Image search: [Google]
Eclipse_2nd_Gen.jpg
169KB, 1785x916px
>>16183706
I honestly have no idea. I've never been interested in eclipses but these front ends give me a chubby for some reason, which is why I clicked on it.
>>
Mitsubishi Eclipse GSXs were a great package at the time. Full time AWD, 4G turbo engine capable of generating upwards of 400 hp with bolt-ons, and they were pretty sexy to look at.

The 90s had the compact sports car formula figured out, why did the Japanese manufacturers deviate from it?
>>
>>16183716
I just looked it up, I haven't driven a 2G since June and couldn't remember but yeah that is post face lift and looks MUCH better than early 2G's. I drove a '99 Eclipse Spyder and I absolutely loved it, but it was a lower trim and FWD. I now drive a 3G Eclipse GT Spyder and love that as well, but a GSX would be better. That 2G should be lighter than the 3G, and the engine (4G63 iirc) made good power for an eclipse, just over 200 hp. I would go for it but take off the shit USDM tail lights if you have those because they look like someone riced out the car. I believe the JDM and maybe European models had a simple taillight design that was all red and said Eclipse in the middle. Overall, they're good cars and the AWD should give you a lot more street cred if you're into that sort of thing. Interior is cool too, I like how everything pointed at the driver. The 3G has a cool interior too especially with the leather seats on higher trims, and the dash actually sort of resembles a Gallardo's dash, but it's not as cool as the 2G IMO.
>>
>>16183783
Thanks for the info lad, I called him and set up a test drive/bullshit session with him tomorrow (it's amazing what offering to bring a case of beer can do)
Fingers crossed.
>>
this car would most likely have a later 7bolt 4g63t read up on crankwalk for these cars so you know what you might be getting yourself into
>>
>>16183649
C R A N K W A L K
R R
A A
N N
K K
W W
A A
L L
K K
>>
>>16183649
No... It's Automatic

Buy a manual one
>>
File: Screenshot (377).png (142KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (377).png
142KB, 1920x1080px
>>16184497
The only manual one I have no interest in because I don't know half the mods he put on it, nor am I really all that interested in such a heavily modified vehicle.
>>
>>16184516
Well then keep looking. Don't spend 4k on a turbo with a slushbox
>>
>>16184528
There's literally only two that aren't parts cars within 300 miles of me.
I've posted both.
>>
File: Screenshot (378).png (410KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (378).png
410KB, 1920x1080px
>>16184535
not a very diverse selection no?
not to mention modded one has no interior pictures which worries me. people have a tendency to not take pictures of the interior if it's shitty.
>>
File: Screenshot (379).png (255KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (379).png
255KB, 1920x1080px
>>16184544
>>
>>16184535
You're not going to find the perfect car in a night. Be patient
>>
>>16184638
I'm not on the search for a perfect car. I'm 21 years old and in college.
I kind of need this before I go back to school for another six months unless I want to keep riding a fucking bicycle.
>>
>>16184648
If you don't mind having an automatic, go for it then. Make sure all the tires match because replacing tires on an awd car is expensive

Also, I hope you know how to do simple repairs
>>
>>16184666
I've got experience changing tires, rotating, putting wheels in tires, and basic lube shop work as it's my college job. Also have access to a shop with a lift and a discount on new tires.
I'm not completely hopeless I just really don't want to get a Honda.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.