[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LED retrofit lights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: FType.jpg (69KB, 1024x581px) Image search: [Google]
FType.jpg
69KB, 1024x581px
Any /o/utists into retrofitting led lighting?

So far the results have been great. Really gives a nice effect over standard bulbs.

Bypassing bulb out checks has been a hassle, my interior footwell lights pulse as they are checked during startup and my foglights need load resistors that get pretty hot.
>>
Are LED and HID color temperatures measured the same, 5500K HIDs look more yellow than 5500K LED's
>>
>>16182009
So far I've only done my dash and interior lights that were there stock. My cars an 85 so there's not much to replace, but I was planning on doing my indicators, reverse, tail, brake and parking lights with leds at some point, just got to make it better to drive first.
>>
>>16182009
Did my jeep tj, there was a board mod to stop the rapid flashing bulb warning.
>>
>>16182009
i bought every single plug and play led i could from theretrofitsource

and some foglights too

actual retrofitting?

literally no one here has done it, not even you
>>
>>16182675
>actual retrofitting?
>literally no one here has done it, not even you
How do you mean? I've retrofitted lots of leds into my car
>>
File: IMG_20160423_145733.jpg (1MB, 2368x3200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160423_145733.jpg
1MB, 2368x3200px
Only the interior lights, I plan on doing the stop lights next because they turn on a quarter of a second faster than incandescents, followed by the indicator and marker lights

I'll probably do the foglights as well since I rewired them to run as DRLs

But the low beams will probably be replaced with HIDs since I have to open them up to take out the burnt lens because of the old halogens, may as well retrofit projectors if I'm going through all that trouble
>>
>>16182767
No you bought a led with a connector similar to the bulb its replacing

Thats not retrofitting
That's shopping
>>
>>16182860
I mean technically it is retrofitting but I can see your triggered so I'lol let you be right
So sorry fampai, I shopped a bunch of leds into my car.
>>
>>16182009
You're cancer. You're a faggot that's blinding other people on the road. Kill yourself. Headlights need to stay stock.
>>
>>16182860
>add (a component or accessory) to something that did not have it when manufactured

>car didn't have LED lights when it was manufactured
>add LED lights a decade after it was manufactured
>THAT'S NOT RETROFITTING REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>16182879
Are you confusing HIDs in halogen housings with LEDs?
>>
File: 1057250366806.jpg (58KB, 470x570px) Image search: [Google]
1057250366806.jpg
58KB, 470x570px
>>16182878
>>16182880
thanks for understanding
>>
>>16182883
All bulbs not in a housing designed for them will disperse the light improperly, blinding other motorists.
>>
>>16182959
And look at all the fucks I give
>>
>>16182963
So I was right. Kill yourself.
>>
File: file.png (603KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
603KB, 800x800px
>>16182983
No u

>waaah $0.50 chinese LEDs are illegal!
>>
>>16182959

OP here. Not everyone does it that way.

Headlights are HID's stock, just put in some nicer bulbs. 5500K so a nice white light.

Replaced the halogen fogs with LED specific enclosures (Morimoto). Finding a place to mount a load resistor was difficult.
>>
File: FJ40_InstrumentPanel_s.jpg (64KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
FJ40_InstrumentPanel_s.jpg
64KB, 640x427px
>>16182009
Only instrument panel lighting. Replaced incandescent (too dim) with UV LEDs.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.