[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hit and Run

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 20161117_181746-1.jpg (3MB, 3045x1642px) Image search: [Google]
20161117_181746-1.jpg
3MB, 3045x1642px
Guys, I can't believe someone did this overnight.
>>
>>16181344
Fuck. What did they hit it with, a forklift?

Looks like it's limited to just the door.
>>
File: 20161117_181808-1.jpg (4MB, 3060x1634px) Image search: [Google]
20161117_181808-1.jpg
4MB, 3060x1634px
another view, what should I do?
>>
who fucking cares cars are gay hah aengsd
>>
Looks like the damage is completely in your door. Get a new door.
>>
>>16181344
You got lucky, looks like it somehow magically only hit the door. Very lucky.
>>
>>16181357
Call your insurance, retard.

Go get the highest quote you can for the labor, get the payout, and go pull a door off one from Craigslist and have it painted and then install it yourself.
>>
>>16181344
how the actual fuck can this even happen? the whole door is completely trashed (looks like it has been hit multiple times) but not even a single scratch anywhere else.
>>
lucky its a shitbox and its only the door probably no other damage

>Get door from wreckers?
>put it on
>>
>>16181357
Undump your boyfriend
>>
>>16181395
B pillar could be warped a bit. hard to tell.

You can probably buy a clean OEM door skin for like $500, and just swap over its components.

Make a police report
Make an insurance claim
This should be covered under comprehensive.
Sometimes hit and runs are not covered under that, its more for like hail damage, or a tree falling down. When another motorist is involved, and they are not present, that could be under underinsured.

Call and find out
>>
>>16181373
>>16181411
I heard insurance companies jack up the premium for hit and run claims.
>>
>>16181430
Yeah I had a $500 deductible for a hot and run with my insurance. Some fuck damaged my trunk, bumper and tail light. Got a quote of $1200, was barely worth it in the end but meh. Hope you get your car fixed and maybe pocket some change anon
>>
>>16181373

>>16181411
a door skin is just the outside panel, not the whole door itself. The whole door is clearly wrecked evidenced by the top of it sitting away from the body.

Whats your comprehensive deductible?

Open your drivers door and take pics of the B-pillar.

The pick n pull yards around me charge $56 for the entire door. 4 bolts, cut the wiring harness and toss it in the wheel barrow. Doubtful you'll get the same color, but you could get lucky; better than having an f'd door.
>>
>>16181344
>>16181447

Where are you located OP? From the second pick, it makes me think maybe Texas.
>>
>>16181344
On the plus side, all the damage seems completely contained to one panel.. Also, does that parking garage have cameras? They're required to share the video with the police for criminal activities (A hit an Run is a felony after all)
>>
>>16181461
California unfortunately
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.