[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why German cars are so unreliable? Is it the overengineering?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: m5enginefailure.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
m5enginefailure.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Why German cars are so unreliable? Is it the overengineering?
>>
Overengineering doesn't refer to complexity, it refers to how strong the components are compared to how stressed the engine is.

For example, a 2JZ isn't a that high tech, but extremely overengineered. It runs around 300HP stock but you can double that to 600HP without touching the internals and it will still run with little issue.

German engines are overcomplicated and weak.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (222KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
222KB, 1280x960px
>>16177878
>German engines are overcomplicated and weak.

But why? They have the knowledge and tradition to make great cars but what I see in the past years is, that BMWs for example, are falling apart when they reach 150k kilometers which I find unacceptable.

Btw I'm not a German car hater and I never owned one but I'm curious.
>>
>>16178015
They're working on the same strategy that American automakers have for a while now: build pretty, but unreliable cars to save on R&D costs and make cash back through certified mechanics. Most Bimmers, Mercs, and Audis just weren't made to be driven past 130k kilometers.

But at least with American cars they're dirt simple and cheap to fix most of the time.
>>
People obsess over W123 for a reason. MB has made some top notch shit. It's the funky kompressor and biturbo shit that's to be avoided.

C250 just as basic and reliable as an Accord or Camry.

E350 extremely over built, extremely high quality automobile, and frequently turn over 300,000 miles.
>>
328i the next best example, although early electric stuff is notorious.

It's just that they're rare that makes them an enigma to n00bs, and they cost more, making nOObs hate them even more.
>>
File: REV.jpg (136KB, 780x912px) Image search: [Google]
REV.jpg
136KB, 780x912px
I TOLD YOU, MAN
>>
>>16178056
I strongly strongly strongly disagree with this
>>
>>16178110
What do you disagree with?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.